Okay, I'm pissed, armed & ready to fight!!!!!

.........Golden Coral in Cool Springs is closed.  Someone needs to suffer for this.  All I'm sayin'.   :rant:  :stick:  :censored:  :censored:  :mad:  :bat:

Well I hope yours was better then ours.

Ours has been falling Health Safety inspecting for years.

Just recently it went under new management.  I hope they clean it up as I would like to eat there.

http://www.wate.com/story/17587713/knox-county-health-inspectors-flunk-family-buffet-by-19-points

You might like this link for Health safety reports.

http://healthspace.com/tdh

Good thing you are armed, you might have to shoot the dinner entrees.

Edited by vontar
Yuck! That is nasty!

I've eat there many times and never had any issues. Well, not with the food. There are certain times when I would not want to eat there but if I say much more ill be labeled a racist so ill leave that alone.

No, seriously though, me and the wife ate there all the time and the only time the food ever made me sick always had something to do with three or four steaks, half a dozen rolls, plate load of sides and something that my wife finds disgusting; a cobbler/cake mix topped with ice cream.
Yeah, I know I deserved to get sick. ........it's a good sick though.

.........Golden Coral in Cool Springs is closed.  Someone needs to suffer for this.  All I'm sayin'.   :rant:  :stick:  :censored:  :censored:  :mad:  :bat:

LMAO!!! I opened this thread and this was the last thing I was expecting to see. That being said: I'm ready too, I'm starting up the Batmobile! Lets make some #&@+!?! and POW! and Crack!!! :)

Ever see the movie "Waiting"?

I guarantee you'll think twice about complaining about your order.

Never ate at Golden Corral though, but if it is like Ryans, I guess i'll never try it either.

Best Country cookin Buffet would be Marvin's down in Fayetteville though. I s#%^ you not. It's the only thing my dad said he's gonna miss with me moving back to Tullahoma.

• Like 1

Ever see the movie "Waiting"?

I guarantee you'll think twice about complaining about your order.

Never ate at Golden Corral though, but if it is like Ryans, I guess i'll never try it either.

Best Country cookin Buffet would be Marvin's down in Fayetteville though. I s#%^ you not. It's the only thing my dad said he's gonna miss with me moving back to Tullahoma.

Marvin's....thanks for the tip! I'm always looking for good home cooking type places to ride the bike to. I'll be checking that out this weekend maybe. What are their hours and days they are open?

Oh...by the way. I DON'T eat at either Ryan's or the GC.... Edited by Randall53

We had a Bonanza then a Ponderosa when i was younger. I still miss the old Western Sizzlin we had. Now it's a Casa de Mexico restaurant.

That's the way it went here in Smyrna too, Bonanza the Ponderosa. When it closed I would drive to Lebanon to eat there. When it closed (GRRRRR!) it also turned into a Mexican restaurant....gee thanks, now I have 17 to choose from!
Lmao, what a story.

BTW, GC in Columbia closed years ago. I hadn't heard good things about the Cool Springs one so never tried it. But up until the end, for several years Columbia GC was great food. Edited by jonathon1289

I was at a buffet to remain unamed. Always enjoyed it.  Until one time I was there and watched a guy pile some vegetable type mix on his plate and then using his finger pick out brocoli and chuck it back into the serving pan.   I have a hard time thinking that was an isolated incident, just the first time I saw it.

You all can keep the buffets

I was at a buffet to remain unamed. Always enjoyed it.  Until one time I was there and watched a guy pile some vegetable type mix on his plate and then using his finger pick out brocoli and chuck it back into the serving pan.   I have a hard time thinking that was an isolated incident, just the first time I saw it.

^ This ^

I was at a buffet to remain unamed. Always enjoyed it. Until one time I was there and watched a guy pile some vegetable type mix on his plate and then using his finger pick out brocoli and chuck it back into the serving pan. I have a hard time thinking that was an isolated incident, just the first time I saw it.

I quit eating ketchup after witnessing a similar incident. Sitting in a restaurant (the kind where you have to ask for the condiments to be brought out to you) in North Dakota I saw a kid take the top off of a ketchup bottle, pour some on his plate, and lick the bottle top to get the excess off. All before his mother could grab the bottle PUT THE LID BACK ON IT AND SET IT BACK IN THE CENTER OF THE TABLE!
Bus boy came and cleaned the table off after they left, wiped down the outside of the bottle and put it in his tub to take to the back.
Hence why I don't care for condiments, especially ketchup.
:gross:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvin's....thanks for the tip! I'm always looking for good home cooking type places to ride the bike to. I'll be checking that out this weekend maybe. What are their hours and days they are open?

Oh...by the way. I DON'T eat at either Ryan's or the GC....

Marvin's isn't open on Sunday. Which sucks cause they would make a killin. I think they are open from 10 am to 9 pm. but it has been a while since i ate there. It is well worthit though. Home cookin, and a buffet. Just go in and set down, order your drink and head to the buffet lines. They have All sorts of fixin's and we wonder how much food they go thru each day. My dad love's their home made cobblers. They usually have quite a selection.

Glad you go to the GC armed. Last time I was there it was like a scene from the Walking Dead. Slow walkers eating everything in sight.

Especially dependent on the time you are there.
After church on Sunday. ......I would say more but.......