ZT-0600 (pic heavy)

Once again, Zero Tolerance has impressed the hell out of me with one of their latest offerings, the ZT-0600.  The ZT-0600 is a collaboration between RJ Martin and Zero Tolerance, and it is based on RJ Martin's Q-36.  The ZT-0600 won Blade's 2012 Collaboration of the Year award.

Specifications:

Overall Length: 9.50"

• Blade Length: 4.25"
  • Blade Thickness: 0.19"
  • Blade Material: B75P
  • Blade Style: Drop Point
  • Blade Grind: Hollow
  • Blade Finish: Stonewash
  • Edge Type: Plain
  • Handle Length: 5.25"
  • Handle Thickness: 0.62"
  • Handle Material: Titanium, Carbon Fiber
  • Weight: 206.22 grams

This is one badass knife.  While the ZT-0560/0561s were great, they pale in comparison to the ZT-0600.  In my opinion, this is the must have knife (outside of the ZT-0777) of the ZT line.  It is beefy, scary sharp, and the flipper is really good.

Downsides:

1.  The price is around $350 - 400.  That is very steep for most people, but considering what you are getting and the price of a RJ Martin Q-36, it is a real bargain.  While I could be mistaken, I am certain that the ZT-0600 wasn't manufactured for a broad group of people.  I believe this knife was marketed for three groups:

Collectors

Q-36 owners who would like to carry something similar to their Q-36, but that is 

significantly cheaper

People who would like to have a Q-36, but can't really afford to pay >$1k for one

Due to the quality of this knife and soon to be popularity,  I would bet that Kershaw will produce similar knives at a reduced cost so everyone can enjoy a well designed blade.

2.  I wish the flipper had some jimping.  I believe once the knife is wet the flipper would be a little more difficult to operate considering it is polished smooth.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, here are the pics.  Enjoy.

gn89.jpg

pyo3.jpg

ehcw.jpg

ma3j.jpg

jri.jpg

4myi.jpg

That;s a great looking knife. Having acquired my first ZT a few months back, I could find myself interested in this. Except for the pricing. Yes I know good knives are expensive compared to the mid-range stuff I've bought in the past. But about 125 has been the most I've paid normally.

But I'm very well pleased with my ZT0350 and will consider more of the line as I "need" a new knife.

Aren't you sneaky :). I knew they were shipping. I think this knife is limited to one run of 1000. I wanted one until I saw that. I'm not ready to enter any races yet. I figure that by the time I get around to it, they'll be gone.

Congrats Mav. I know it's a great knife.

BTW... there's at least one new Martin collab on the Kershaw side too.

Edited by mikegideon

Mav,
If you think that is great, get ahold of a Q36 and you will see why it is my all time favorite folding knife

Congrats it is a damn fine knife! I meant to add this as well Edited by willis68

A Q36 is in the same boat as the Hinderer XM's. Can't get them without spending stupid money. Makes me feel like I'm buying from Cheaper Than Dirt.

I would wait on getting a Hinderer. There are a lot of custom makers out there that are making a name for themselves, and you have companies like ZT making fantastic knives. All this has been dropping the secondary market price for XMs. They are still high, but not as much as they once were. They may drop a little more. RJ Martins OTH are incredibly expensive.

Mav,
If you think that is great, get ahold of a Q36 and you will see why it is my all time favorite folding knife

There is one thing, outside of the price, that I do not like about the Q-36. I do not like the flared out bolsters. A friend of mine was talking to me today about that very thing. We were both in agreement that ZT did it right by giving their knife a uniform symetrical look. Unless I got one in a lottery and paid his price, I will probably pass on a real Q-36. There are several other knives I have my eye on. The same friend was showing me some of his Burch knives, and I really like those as well as the Medford Praetorian. Edited by mav

I have loved this knife since it was announced last year.  Unfortunately, with G5 coming up, I'm not in a place to get one right now so I'm going to miss the boat on it.  Its a shame too because I'm missing on every ZT that I want.  

• Admin Team

There is one thing, outside of the price, that I do not like about the Q-36. I do not like the flared out bolsters. A friend of mine was talking to me today about that very thing. We were both in agreement that ZT did it right by giving their knife a uniform symetrical look. Unless I got one in a lottery and paid his price, I will probably pass on a real Q-36. There are several other knives I have my eye on. The same friend was showing me some of his Burch knives, and I really like those as well as the Medford Praetorian.

I always loved some of Michael Burch's cleaver designs.

Weird there. Guy sold one something back in '06, now three high end knives in '13, only activity in all those years. Feedback received for the other two though, so I guess okie dokie.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Weird there. Guy sold one something back in '06, now three high end knives in '13, only activity in all those years. Feedback received for the other two though, so I guess okie dokie.

- OS

Yeah, I thought that was a little interesting.  The other link I posted (the one with a lot more feedback) sold last night.  I just figured someone on here might want one for standard price since I have seen people paying up to $550 for them.