Charles Barkley

• Administrator

“The main thing I feel bad for is it gives every white person and black person who’s racist a platform to vent their ignorance,” he said. “That’s the thing that bothered me the most. I watched this trail closely and I watched these people on television talking about it. A lot of these people have a hidden agenda. They want to have their racist views, whether they are white or black … Their biases definitely come out. It was a bad situation. We all lost.”  --Charles Barkley

^^^ This!!!

• Like 6

I read this piece earlier this morning. I don't believe that despising the behavior of a given group of idiots is racism at all, even if they're all one race. Seems to me, if you're gonna be a good racist, you gotta hate them all. 

I agree with this.  I say all of the time "I am not racist, but I can be prejudice".  I don't care if you are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or any other race.  If you are stupid, you are stupid, if you are lazy, you are lazy, if you are a waste on society, you are a waste on society.  Dress like a fool, act like a fool, or talk like a fool, I am going to treat you like a fool, regardless of your race.

Some say it shouldn't matter how you dress, or what you look like.  I agree in theory, but as we know, perception is reality.  If you don't want to be perceived as a thug or ignorant, it's pretty easy to fix it.  It isn't about what you wear so much as how you wear it.  It's not what you say, but how you say it.  Wear pants that fit, walk like a normal human being, and talk like you would to your grandma and I don't think we would have these issues.  I guess saying this probably makes me a racist by Big Al and JJ.  

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

There is nothing wrong with disliking someone for bad actions. You shouldn't be protected from that dislike because of your race, either. I despise gun grabbers, even the black ones. The Panthers... I wish they would find a bunch of skinheads and fight it out, with weapons.

• Like 1

I agree with this.  I say all of the time "I am not racist, but I can be prejudice".  I don't care if you are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or any other race.  If you are stupid, you are stupid, if you are lazy, you are lazy, if you are a waste on society, you are a waste on society.  Dress like a fool, act like a fool, or talk like a fool, I am going to treat you like a fool, regardless of your race.

Some say it shouldn't matter how you dress, or what you look like.  I agree in theory, but as we know, perception is reality.  If you don't want to be perceived as a thug or ignorant, it's pretty easy to fix it.  It isn't about what you wear so much as how you wear it.  It's not what you say, but how you say it.  Wear pants that fit, walk like a normal human being, and talk like you would to your grandma and I don't think we would have these issues.  I guess saying this probably makes me a racist by Big Al and JJ.  

Very well said...

If you want to be judged by the conduct of your character... act like it.

He even fired back at the media...

“I just feel bad because I don’t like when race gets out in the media ‘cuz I don’t think the media has a ‘pure heart,’ as I call it,” Barkley continued. “There are very few people who have a pure heart when it comes to race. Racism is wrong in any shape [or] form — there are a lot of black people who are racist, too. I think sometimes when people talk about race, they act like only white people are racist. There are a lot of black people who are racist. And I don’t like when it gets out there in the media because I don’t think the media has clean hands.”

I don't always like what Barkley spouts off about, but he's spot-on here. 

“I think Mr. Barkley certainly has a right to his opinion of what he perceives the evidence to be,” Skolnik said. “However, there is absolutely no medical evidence that Trayvon was ‘beating the hell out of Mr. Zimmerman,’ as he received minor and insignificant injuries.

WOW!  Basically, he just said Dr. Vincent Di Maio is either a liar or an idiot.  They will just say anything at this point to discredit anyone who doesn't fall in line with their agenda.  As Barkley said, "A lot of these people have a hidden agenda. They want to have their racist views, whether they are white or black … Their biases definitely come out. It was a bad situation. We all lost.”

I agree.  We all lost.

Guest drv2fst

I don't know anything about Mr. Barkley's opinions on other topics but I certainly agree with him on this one.  

Both Zimmerman and Martin were being irresponsible.  Both were profiling each other.  Nothing should have happened to either of them that night.  Zimmerman had no right to defend himself UNTIL he was physically attacked.  As soon as the attack started IMHO he had the right to defend himself by any means necessary.  It doesn't matter how serious his wounds actually were, because you can't know how it will end up in the heat of the moment.  As soon as an attack begins you have the right to end it.  I get sick of people whining that Zimmerman shouldn't have used a gun to defend against a few punches.  More people die from punches each year than rifles.

We all lost for only one reason; race baiging...from the Obama administration...from the usual suspects like Sharpton and Jackson...and from the segment of the black community who can only see themselves as "victims" and through the lenses of race.

This trial, if there was even to be a trial, should have been handled like any other...based on objective evidence and objective evidence alone.

Even most of the police officers who testified on behalf of the prosecution supported Martin's account of events...the original DA didn't see evidence of a crime (or at least not enough to file charges, even minor ones).  The race baiters demanded a trial...the got one...they didn't get the verdict they wanted so they are still mad and want him tried again of some trumped up "civil rights" charges.

Once Trayvon Martin decided to violently attack George Zimmerman and put Zimmerman in legitimate fear for his life (which is what the jury decided happened) Martin lost his rights; even the most basic one...the right to life.

Barkley is guilty of the same racial view claiming that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin.  DId he profile Martin?  Probably but it was probably because Martin was acting like a thug/burgher would act...to assume that it was all based on "race" is, at best, something that no one can know.

Edited by RobertNashville