Opinions on Colt King Cobra

Pcdokk

I just picked up a beautiful Colt King Cobra 357 mag with a 6" barrel in stainless and in excellent condition. This is my first Colt and I'm interested in opinions/experience with this weapon. Anyone have a history with this gun or own one?

Total crap and worthless........I being the great person I am will take it off your hands for $100 more than ya gave just because I'm slick like that.......  LOL!!!

Great gun! You will really like it. The only Colt I ever shot is a Trooper which is a cheaper version. I envy all you guys who nab up King Cobras, Pythons and D frame revolvers.

• Like 1

I've got one that I bought back in the late 80's. Second handgun I ever bought, and will be with me till I pass. Took my HCP class with mine. They have gone up in value quite a bit, I have taken it deer hunting but never had a chance to use it yet, maybe this year.

I would like to add his big brother, the Anaconda to the collection one day. But they are getting quite expensive these days. I think you will enjoy your KC. They may not be as smooth as the S&W's but they are still nice handguns. Congrats on tour new purchase, how about a little range report on that one when you have a chance.

Great comments everyone thanks! I do enjoy the fellowship the TGO members share, this is a fabulous group of people and I'm delighted to be a part of it. Now on to the range report: I took it out to the range this weekend after a thorough cleaning and inspection, put 50 rounds of range ammo through it and was very happy with the results. At 15 yards 10 shots were within 2" hand held. Nicely balanced gun, with the long barrel easy to hold on target and didn't jump around as much as I had expected. Note to Spiffy thanks for the offer to relieve me of this purchase however after actually firing it I will thank you for the kind offer and add it to my collection :)

This is the first Colt in my collection and as luck would have it, I was able to purchase it for.......well let's just say less than it's current value. Gotta love it when things work out. Thanks again everyone for the comments your input is much appreciated. Now let's go hunting!
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my shootin' buds brings his King Cobra to the range and I shoot my dad's old Python.  Both are the straightest shooting pistols I've seen.  At 15 yards, there is often just a couple ragged little holes after a friendly round of competition.  Nothing but good things to say about Colt's snake guns.  :up: