Federal Champion .22LR (Man, that was fast!)

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I have seen ammo (Especially .22) lately hit the shelves and go quick, but this is sorta ridiculous. I get alerts from several different online dealers, when they come through email my phone beeps. it beeped, I looked, Natchez had Federal Champion .22LR for 17.99 per box of 325.

I know I didnt wait more than 2 minutes (I was doing something) and went to order a few boxes. SOLD OUT. Those alerts come as soon as the sale pops up. They had no limit, sold out in less than 2 minutes.

Thats crazy, but you can get all the ammo you want at the 127 sale, guy walked up to me yesterday and said he saw one guy selling automatch somewhere between Dunlap and Pineville for $45 a box of 325 and another guy selling some Winchester Subsonic for $50. Said he even saw one guy with a box of Winchester White Box (555) for $150 up by Crossville.

You want .22LR, all you want, for sale at the Garage Sale.

Edited by TankerHC

I have seen ammo (Especially .22) lately hit the shelves and go quick, but this is sorta ridiculous. I get alerts from several different online dealers, when they come through email my phone beeps. it beeped, I looked, Natchez had Federal Champion .22LR for 17.99 per box of 325.

I know I didnt wait more than 2 minutes (I was doing something) and went to order a few boxes. SOLD OUT. Those alerts come as soon as the sale pops up. They had no limit, sold out in less than 2 minutes.

Thats crazy, but you can get all the ammo you want at the 127 sale, guy walked up to me yesterday and said he saw one guy selling automatch somewhere between Dunlap and Pineville for $45 a box of 325 and another guy selling some Winchester Subsonic for $50. Said he even saw one guy with a box of Winchester White Box (555) for $150 up by Crossville.

You want .22LR, all you want, for sale at the Garage Sale.

The bad part of the whole 127 yard sale is there are plenty of people buying it.

• Like 2

The bad part of the whole 127 yard sale is there are plenty of people buying it.

Yep the circle continues.

1. Reseller buys up all the ammo at cheap retail prices from Walmart, Academy, Cabelas....and so on.

2. Panic buyer buys the resellers ammo at 3 times the price reseller bought it for at retail strore.

3. Reseller now has even more money to buy out the ammo at the retail price from Walmart, Academy, Cabelas...and so on.

Number 1 and 3 would not exist without number 2.

• Like 2

I've personally seen a thing or 2 from here be scooped up and resold. "Gentlemen" was much kinder than what I've been calling them. I guess it goes to show that even in this batch there are a few rotten ones.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

How were you going to buy from them living in Tennessee?

Natchez delivers. You can get anything from their company shipped, including ammo. Thats why its on their website. And shipping is less than 22 bucks on 3 boxes or 10 boxes of 50 boxes.

Edited by TankerHC

I spoke to a Wal-Mart employee yesterday who told me he received 10 325 round bricks of .22LR and it only lasted 10 minutes on the shelf.

I was able to score some .380

Off topic, TulAmmo has a new line called Brass Max. Wal-Mart had it in .380 for $14.97 per 50. 

Guest TankerHC

Well I sold some ammo, quite a bit. No jacked up prices either. (Ask anyone here who bought from me). yesterday at the 127 sold a bunch. Checked on ammo engine on prices, made sure I was lower (Usually way lower). 5.56 was going at .76 per round. I figured .56 per round was fair (Plus I was willing to deal). So did a lot of other people, who told me so and werent buying for resale. Several Calibers of PRVI I was selling for 2 bucks under lowest price on AmmoEngine. .45 ACP, 5 dollars lower. All of it, just like that. No one complained and I got A LOT of thanks, and a lot of complaints about the other people selling at their 127 setup.

I also checked back at 2011 prices on 5.56 and one thing I found. Up until about a year and a half ago it had been 8 years or so since I bought any 5.56, but people claiming they could get a 1000 rounds for 200 bucks is not true, those days were long gone before the shooting. What I see back in 2011 was 500 rounds for around 185 dollars on average. People may have been able to get it, but I didnt see any. Saw a lot of complaints on Forums from 2011 about the price of 5.56 going up.

(I was going to make a point here, but forgot what it was)...one thing I was going to say though. The gougers are out there, not shooters and here is why I say that. If your sitting in front of a beautiful home, with a Winnebago sitting at the side, a HD in the driveway and a newer truck.....do you really need to sell these two boxes of 555 for $100 each? (I saw this)

I just dont get the point, maybe I am too stupid. I know lots of shooters, if I tried to sell them .22 for 100 bucks a box, they would no longer be friends of mine. And I wouldn't blame them.

There is another side to that coin. Even at fair prices there are people who would comment because they dont know their arse from a hole in the ground.

Guest TankerHC

Well I sold some ammo, quite a bit. No jacked up prices either. (Ask anyone here who bought from me). yesterday at the 127 sold a bunch. Checked on ammo engine on prices, made sure I was lower (Usually way lower). 5.56 was going at .76 per round. I figured .56 per round was fair (Plus I was willing to deal). So did a lot of other people, who told me so and werent buying for resale. Several Calibers of PRVI I was selling for 2 bucks under lowest price on AmmoEngine. .45 ACP, 5 dollars lower. All of it, just like that. No one complained and I got A LOT of thanks, and a lot of complaints about the other people selling at their 127 setup.

I also checked back at 2011 prices on 5.56 and one thing I found. Up until about a year and a half ago it had been 8 years or so since I bought any 5.56, but people claiming they could get a 1000 rounds for 200 bucks is not true, those days were long gone before the shooting. What I see back in 2011 was 500 rounds for around 185 dollars on average. People may have been able to get it, but I didnt see any. Saw a lot of complaints on Forums from 2011 about the price of 5.56 going up.

(I was going to make a point here, but forgot what it was)...one thing I was going to say though. The gougers are out there, not shooters and here is why I say that. If your sitting in front of a beautiful home, with a Winnebago sitting at the side, a HD in the driveway and a newer truck.....do you really need to sell these two boxes of 555 for $100 each? (I saw this)

I just dont get the point, maybe I am too stupid. I know lots of shooters, if I tried to sell them .22 for 100 bucks a box, they would no longer be friends of mine. And I wouldn't blame them.

There is another side to that coin. Even at fair prices there are people who would comment because they dont know their arse from a hole in the ground.

Almost forgot, I also had something that apparently no one else had. .38. not the best stuff, Precision Delta wadcutters. But the people who bought said they didnt care, they were just glad to get some 38 at 10 bucks a box. (I thought there was plenty of 38 out there)

Natchez delivers. You can get anything from their company shipped, including ammo. Thats why its on their website. And shipping is less than 22 bucks on 3 boxes or 10 boxes of 50 boxes.

"Shipping is not available for Tennessee, Georgia or Alabama."

Been that way for years, maybe always, dunno.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest TankerHC

"Shipping is not available for Tennessee, Georgia or Alabama."

Been that way for years, maybe always, dunno.

- OS

That is true, I now know because I went to order ammo from them a short while ago and you can get through until you proceed to pay. Then the red flag pops up.

So who else doesnt ship to TN? Since that was my first attempt to buy since moving here. Natchez was one of the number one places I purchase from. I wont be buying again from Lucky Gunner, even though I made a very significant purchase, it really in the end, was no better than buying locally. Coulda dropped that money at an LGS and come up with the same thing.

So who else doesnt ship to TN?

Natchez is only place I've ever known of. Has to do with not undercutting their own distributors in three states as I understand it.

Sportsman's Guide won't ship a +4 inch knife to TN though, some erroneous understanding by their legal dept or something,

- OS

That's funny, cuz when I tried to buy some 9mm from them that popped up on GunBot, I got all the way through the ordering process only to find that when it came time to enter the state, TENNESSEE was nowhere to be found.  Retried several times and it still wasn't anywhere in the listing of states.  I finally called them and was told that they don't ship to Tennessee and several other states (I think Alabama and Georgia were two of them), because they had distributors in those states and they only sold through them.  I have no idea where these distributors might be.

Edited by jdw174
Guest TankerHC

That's funny, cuz when I tried to buy some 9mm from them that popped up on GunBot, I got all the way through the ordering process only to find that when it came time to enter the state, TENNESSEE was nowhere to be found.  Retried several times and it still wasn't anywhere in the listing of states.  I finally called them and was told that they don't ship to Tennessee and several other states (I think Alabama and Georgia were two of them), because they had distributors in those states and they only sold through them.  I have no idea where these distributors might be.

Didnt read my later post. I went to order from them last night. Same thing happened on my order. That was the first order I made from them since moving here. Since that was the No. 1 place I order from (Due primarily to the low shipping), I wont be any longer.