BENELLI M4 SHOTGUN

Sonny

• Admin Team

Dual, self-cleaning gas operated pistons make it one of the softest recoiling 12 gauges out there.  It's my wife's go to long gun of choice, and she's not a big person.

It's a gun the understands the difference between the trigger being pulled and the action being manually operated.

It's ghost ring sights are a welcome addition to a shotgun - especially with night sights.

Oh yeah.  7 in the tube, one on the elevator and 1 in the pipe make for 9 rounds of firepower.

• Like 2
I bought a Benelli M3 Super 90 8 shot pump with ghost rings sights back in the late 90's. That was my favorite shotgun, ever. I wish I had kept it now. I'll probably buy another soon as I check some other guns off my list.

So my advice to you is, buy now!

Well I personally went with the FNH SLP (8+1 gas operated semi-auto), but I had really wanted the Benelli M4.  I couldn't find the M4 at the time, and the SLP was a bit cheaper ($500 cheaper).  I have not been disappointed.  However, one day I will have the Benelli as well.

Come to think of it ... the SLP was my FIRST gun purchase ever.  Was a birthday present to myself.

I would love a Benelli M4. . but alas I cant aford it.  . but if I could I would not bat an eye at the purchase. . although I can attest that I do love the ghost ring sights on my 590 A1 with meprolight tritium front post. . .I do with however wish there was an option for a tritium dotted rear ring. . .

My 590 A1 was the compromise shotgun I bought since the M4 was out of my budget . . I would go ahead and get a high end pump before buying a semi-auto less reliable than the Benelli is with any ammunition

Edited by turkeydad

the visa max has the same short gas system, the M2 parts will interchange the trigger systems are the same the bolt carrier group looks the same just no spring. laying side by side they are twins, just better finish on the bolt on the benelli  gives it way

Well after a long research and input from others and a price tag of around $1700 i have decided not to buy the M4 as much as i would love to i can't spend that much for a shotgun, so the decision has been made to go with  FNH SLP MK1 Tactical - for $1199  - read so many great reviews oabout it and it functions preaty much the same as the M4 just $500 cheaper.

Benelli M4 is still a great shotgun but just to expensive.

thank you all for your inputs.

• Like 1

If I had any need at all for such a shotgun the M4 is exactly what I would be buying.  Alas, I have  great HD shotgun (a Benelli Super Nova Tactical) which is perfect for its intended purpose. So, if I went out and bought the M4 it would simply be because I wanted one.

Now, wanting one for a collection is a fine reason but there are other firearms out there I want first and until I win the lottery I have to do things as the $$$ permit. ;)

That said, I'm something of and FNH affectionado and I'm sure their shotgun is an excellent weapon as well!

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Well after a long research and input from others and a price tag of around $1700 i have decided not to buy the M4 as much as i would love to i can't spend that much for a shotgun, so the decision has been made to go with  FNH SLP MK1 Tactical - for $1199  - read so many great reviews oabout it and it functions preaty much the same as the M4 just $500 cheaper.

Benelli M4 is still a great shotgun but just to expensive.

thank you all for your inputs.

I love my MK1 - it was my first firearm purchase and I've had a lot of fun with it.  You won't be disappointed.  It also helps me feel safe at night next to my bed :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I have been looking for an Entry model (SBS) and have not been able to find one so gave up

I do not think you can go wrong with either of these Shotguns I only learned about the FN while researching and trying to find myself an M4 Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
I'm betting you will not feel short changed at all with the SLP!

The M4 as it comes with the non functioning mag tube extension is just a sad silly example of the import restrictions. So many wind up spending more $$$ to extend the mag and also to exchange U.S. Made parts in order to stay with the 922 import guidelines.

You're likely getting most all you will want with the SLP other than a light and a light mount.

Congratulations on the order. Please let us know how long it takes to receive your order. Looking forward to your first outing impressions! Edited by Djay3