California Registering Ammo?

• Moderators

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/12/California-Set-To-Become-Strictest-Gun-Control-State-With-Ammunition-Registry?utm_source=contentsharing&utm_medium=linkexchange&utm_term=postion2&utm_content=California-Set-To-Become-Strictest-Gun-Control-State-With-Ammunition-Registry&utm_campaign=foxnews

According the San Jose Mercury News, the bills being heard in the state senate on August 12 would create a database of all ammo purchases in the state, "make it crime to have a gun that's not locked up when it's not being carried, and extend the time for which someone is banned from owning a firearm after making a violent threat."

And it looks like another bill or two is coming up tomorrow:

On August 13, another slate of bills will come before the State Assembly. These would ban all semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazines, would "make it a crime to leave a gun unlocked when you're out of the house, and require those who own high capacity magazines to get rid of them."
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThePunisher
Kaliforniastan has always been the experimental state to initiate dumba.. policies before they reach the other 49 states. Just a short time before America becomes Amerika.

one reason i do not live there.  there are many more, but one will do. got family that live there.  been out several times for work and family.  it is a nice state, but the people there has mess up the state with the laws they have put in place. 

I have the highest respect for the good people of California who choose to stay and  fight the good fight and resist the socialization of their state. They do exist. I know some. They are fighting an uphill battle (if not an un-winable one). I am also glad that my state still, for the most part, stands for personal liberty. The line in the sand may very well be drawn on the left coast by true freedom loving people who say "Enough!" When I read about new restrictions on firearms in California I imagine not a circus of commie clowns or uniformed stormtroopers, but a pressure gauge steadily climbing into the "red".

"Oh, Taco Bell was the only one that survived the franchise wars; now every restaurant is Taco Bell."  (Valet) "Hello, welcome to Taco Bell."   This sanitizing of society wreaks of a certain movie - ok a lot of movies.

Well, most all of California is one mediocre natural disaster away from absolutely no fresh water.  Forget the earthquakes.  That land is not equipped to support masses of people.  Whether I agree with them in their life/gov't philosphy, my heart goes out to families should they ever wake up to a home that will not support life.

I can appreciate all of them a fellow humans, but we (the rest of America) need to find and market/sell another culture to ourselves (and our kids).  

Campaign for those who will make a difference, and help/encourage friends and family to get to the poles to vote.  I'm beginning to think Libertarians are the most likely hope.  - wouldn't of thought that 3 years ago.

"Oh, Taco Bell was the only one that survived the franchise wars; now every restaurant is Taco Bell."  (Valet) "Hello, welcome to Taco Bell."   This sanitizing of society wreaks of a certain movie - ok a lot of movies.

Well, most all of California is one mediocre natural disaster away from absolutely no fresh water.  Forget the earthquakes.  That land is not equipped to support masses of people.  Whether I agree with them in their life/gov't philosphy, my heart goes out to families should they ever wake up to a home that will not support life.

I can appreciate all of them a fellow humans, but we (the rest of America) need to find and market/sell another culture to ourselves (and our kids).  

Campaign for those who will make a difference, and help/encourage friends and family to get to the poles to vote.  I'm beginning to think Libertarians are the most likely hope.  - wouldn't of thought that 3 years ago.

We don't need them scattering to other states. We need some Commiegeddon. :)

When I hear this sort of thing, I generally think of the first Superman movie that starred Christopher Reeve as 'The Man of Steel'.  Specifically, I can't help but thinking that Lex Luthor (played by Gene Hackman) had the right idea.

Edited by JAB