Do you dress for concealed carry?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

I dress for whatever I'm doing that day. I'm mindful for how well/little it will conceal the weapon, but I don't overly let that dictate what clothing I wear. Luckily, most of my fashion style allows for pretty good concealment so it's not too much of an issue.

Guest db99wj

I dress however I want to dress for the situation I will be in. If it is shorts and a tshirt, with the CTAC, I have no problems, if it is a shirt and tie, I have no problems.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I suppose I do to a certain extent, but I don't really change a lot. Mostly I just make sure to wear shirts loose enough that they won't print my carry gun. Since I started carrying, several T-shirts and polos have found themselves out of the rotation. I plan on picking up a pocket pistol soon, which will allow me to not worry so much about printing.

FYI, I carry a 4" XD right now. So long as it's not too tight, a T-shirt covers it pretty effectively.

Guest gcrookston

Most of my days are spent in baggy trousers/slacks and dress shirts, I've had no one complain I was carrying my 340PD. Winter comes and I start wearing my sport coats, I've had no one notice my P226 in a paddle holster, either. Guess I'm just lucky. CC is an after thought on how I dress

Being a certified old fart (on Social Security) I dress in loose, comfortable dockers, cords or jeans a size too big just to be comfortable. My shirts, sweatshirts and sweaters are likewise a size too big, just to be comfortable around the waist and neck. If anybody says anything, I just tell them I'm losing weight! With this given, a 642 in pocket holster or 640 in IWB present no real problems. I just grab something out of the closet. Old farts don't have to be fashion plates! I only make two concessions to carry: I wear substantial belts and have my front right pockets reinforced with extra material and stitching). Everybody around thinks grandpa is the most harmless guy in town! ( Alter ego: Mad Dog Retired Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant!)

I'm a slob. I always wear untucked T-shirts, polos, or loose button down short sleeve shirts with loose cargo pocket trousers or shorts. I conceal my G30 IWB just fine. When I'm feeling fat and the Glock feels too tight, I wear the Bersa IWB as well. If it's winter time, and I'm wearing jeans, I carry in an OWB rig with an overshirt or jacket. I always wear a good belt. I never stress out about printing since open carry is legal anyway. I have to figure out what to do when wearing pants or shorts with no belt loops. Maybe a smart carry?

Guest rockytop

I am also a white haired grandpa. Daily wear is kakhi slacks with comfort fit waist. They normally have larger pockets than jeans and dress slacks. So for summer use, it's a PM9 or a snub nose in a pocket holster. For Sundays (church), it's pocket, waist-band, or ankle carry depending upon the situation. I guess I dress for comfort first, concealed carry second, and other times select the firearm and carry location to fit the type clothing the situation dictates. This way you can rationalize to wife the need for those 20 different guns and 60 different holsters.

Edited by rockytop
Guest Halfpint
I dress for whatever I'm doing that day. I'm mindful for how well/little it will conceal the weapon, but I don't overly let that dictate what clothing I wear. Luckily, most of my fashion style allows for pretty good concealment so it's not too much of an issue.

Ditto.

Guest bang-flash

Most of the time is tshirts and shorts with a owb paddle carrying full size m&p9. I do pay attention to the tighness of the shirt and make sure its long enough to cover the holster. I have been experimenting wearing the same holster under my pants w/ 2 belts on looser shorts/pants for extra concealment on certain occasions. I also recently bought a new shirt w/ a collar and buttons down the front that is supposed to be worn untucked. I like this a lot.

• 1 month later...