What calms you down ?

tercel89

IT has been a crappy work week . No breaks and just busy busy busy. Today my wife left for work and said to cook the chicken we had and a vegetable for supper. So here is what calms my nerves besides working on engines and cleaning guns ,,,, cooking on my homemade BBQ pit that I made myself two years ago. I seasoned up the chicken , got my burn barrel fired up with Red Oak and Hickory and cleaned off the pit . Man just being outside with my dog and watching the pit every hour or so really calms me down. 

I have to shovel wood coals from my burn barrel to my pit every hour but it really does me good. In about 6 hours I'll have some yummy yard bird !  Right now I'm kicked back cooking it LOW AND SLOW .  I've done pigs and beef and deer and later on I'm gonna do some Goat/Mutton on there . If you guys want , Ill try and find my pork and chicken pics and post them .  Ok here is the pork and chicken I did earlier this year . Chicken takes 6 hrs and pork is about 14 to 15 hrs at 220 degrees . 

[url=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/pit2_zpse7468fa7.jpg.html]pit2_zpse7468fa7.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/pit_zps906eabf4.jpg.html]pit_zps906eabf4.jpg[/URL]

Edited by tercel89

A BJ.    :woohoo:

But given how infrequently that happens   :-\   ...   cooking with a cold adult beverage works too. 

Nice cooker.  I've been thinking of building something like that.  Do you have any problems with the heat degrading the block?  Or is it lined with fire brick?

• Like 1

A BJ.    :woohoo:

But given how infrequently that happens   :-\   ...   cooking with a cold adult beverage works too. 

Nice cooker.  I've been thinking of building something like that.  Do you have any problems with the heat degrading the block?  Or is it lined with fire brick?

NO it is plain old concrete block and not lined . I just stacked it up evenly and filled the holes with sand . The sand acts as a insulator for the heat . 

Motorcycle ride through the back roads and some range time.

I used to ride motorcycles but todays traffic stopped me . I stopped riding in September of 2001 . I got passed on the emergency lane of a highway by a damn mininvan . I was going the posted 55 MPH but the idiot thought different . After that I said the heck with it . Plus I work a lot of nasty motorcycle crashes at work . They always come out on the losing end . 

Edited by tercel89
Guest Lester Weevils

"Puttering around" and building thangs. But just planning/designing stuff I'll never get around to, works about as good and doesn't cost anything. :)

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
Money When I was younger beating up on the people that pissed me off always calmed me down. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

"Puttering around" and building thangs. But just planning/designing stuff I'll never get around to, works about as good and doesn't cost anything. :)

Holy cow, I thought I was the only one puttering around. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I will stay downstairs for hours puttering about fixing and cleaning stuff.

I used to ride motorcycles but todays traffic stopped me . I stopped riding in September of 2001 . I got passed on the emergency lane of a highway by a damn mininvan . I was going the posted 55 MPH but the idiot thought different . After that I said the heck with it . Plus I work a lot of nasty motorcycle crashes at work . They always come out on the losing end . 

That is why I hit the back roads and ride through the country and farmland areas.I cant stand a whole bunch of traffic.