Any luck in the deer woods so far this year?

Guest chevyman

Guest Sparticuss

I've been hunting a patch of TVA land North of Chattanooga and haven't seen anything yet...that is until I leave the woods, then they're standing in yards neighboring the property I hunt.  It's early, and cooler weather is in the forecast.  This is my first time using a crossbow, so I'm anxious to make it happen.

I am hunting in Whites Creek just outside of Nashville.

I haven't seen any Deer while I am sitting still.

I'm only seeing Deer when I'm on the move....Still Hunting.

Had 3 Does almost in Range but I had little cover and they busted me.

I've been busted by 3 Bucks.

I've also been Snorted at on the way in and out of the Woods.

A few days ago I spotted a Doe 10 yards away from me just as I left my car but it was on the other side of a Fence row....

The Deer are out there.

Walk out my front porch and i see three deer ( a couple does and a fawn). Able to get within 30 yards of them and they aren't spooked. But i live in the city, so no hunting is allowed anyways. Now if SHTF, I'll have some meat.

No cuz if shtf the deer will be still out there and on top of everything else you'll have to compete with all your neighbors. Better to go ahead and stock up. A bird in the hand...

I've killed a big old doe and a spike with 8" spikes so far. Puttin' meat in the freezer. I also detroyed an arrow when I hit a big fat grapevine shooting at another doe this afternoon.

Aus-6ptrJuvenilehunt2013_zps057bcbb5.jpg

My oldest boy killed a small 6 pointer this morning. It field dressed 126 lbs. Yesterday, he passed on several does and a couple of coyotes. We haven't seen anything good as of yet.

:wall: The pic isn't sideways on photobucket!!! What am I doing wrong?

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 4

My oldest boy killed a small 6 pointer this morning. It field dressed 126 lbs. Yesterday, he passed on several does and a couple of coyotes. We haven't seen anything good as of yet.

Nice buck!

DaveS

Congrats nice deer!!!

Nice!!  :up:

Nice little buck there Greg, congrats to your boy..By the way what did he use?

Went and checked the hunting house last week, found the floor to be a little weak. Saw a coyote on the way, went back Fri to do a little work on it as I was driving across the field I saw him again, prety good size one with a little red tint on his back. So I was pretty sure it was the same one. Had the AR with me but never got a shot.

So I decided I would just go sit in the house Sat. morn and see what came by. About a little after 7 a small fork horn came by about 130 yds. Watched him for a minute or two, was texting my neighbor who was scouting  on my brothers property to tell him about it. Wasn't even done texting and looked up and at about 250 yds. I saw a nice 8 strolling across pretty fast. Never saw the yote though, now I can't wait til the nineth.

Edited by Sidinman

I went hunting over in a Elizabethton, we spooked one going in, then when we were walking around we seen a spot where four of them had bedded down.  However, when were on the highway back into Johnson City we seen 3 doe's on the left side of the road and about 150 yards down the road we seen a spike trying to figure out how a chain link fence works. So, no I ain't seen none in the woods yet but plenty on the side of the road. 

Nice Samson where you get him, as we know ML season here dosen't open til the 9th, in TN.

Central AR...grew up here and moved back after my last year of grad school in Memphis.  I still come on this board to hang out because I like you fellas :wave:

• Like 4

Deer Down!  First one of the season.  Bow kills are such a rush!  She came out of the woods to the right a few yards south of the sunlight on the ground at about 27 yards.  I shot her with my Bear Archery Legion and 100gr Muzzy's and had a complete pass through.  Only hunted about 45 minutes before she showed up.  Very thankful for this deer!

[URL=http://s532.photobucket.com/user/jtv14/media/IMG_3018_zpsf288db99.jpg.html]IMG_3018_zpsf288db99.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s532.photobucket.com/user/jtv14/media/IMG_3022_zpsf1b3e482.jpg.html]IMG_3022_zpsf1b3e482.jpg[/URL]

• Like 2