Amber Alert Website shutdown but Let's Move still up!

Our ever vengeful President Shutdown AmberAlert.gov, but left his wife's Letsmove.gov site in place and unaffected. Shutting down places that have no doors like the World War II Memorial and the Vietnam Wall. Not to mention all the parks and other venues that require no staffing except for maintenance really shows what a small, spoiled, narcissistic little prick that he really is. I'm just wondering if a simple man like me sees it, what about the Russians, Chinese and the Muslim Extremist. How long before they use his blatant immaturity and do something really nasty? They have three more years of  this fool and I can't imagine that they are going to waste this opportunity to do something before a real man gets back into the White House. Somebody tell me I'm being to paranoid, and make me believe it...

• Like 1
Seen a meme on FB this morning that said "the same guy that is shutting down national parks will soon be in charge of your healthcare too"

That's some seriously scary shit, what happens when some pol throwing a fit decides during the next furlough that Dr's and nurses should go home too. Edited by Sam1
Guest ThePunisher
I wouldn't be surprised if he burns down the nation. His poll ratings should be around 20 % b/c he's the worst pos for president ever. If the R's don't get control of the Senate and retain control of House in 2014, then that will tell him he can go ahead and finish destroying the country the next two years.

Of coursed it's down.

This SOB Tin-Plated-Dictator-Want-A-Be with delusions of Godhood wants to prove that HE is in control and everything our wonderful, bloated, beneficent government can give you it can take away.

Any President that will close down open-air monuments like the WW2 memorial (that was built entirely with private contributions IIRC) is capable of doing ANYTHING to get his way because he is nothing but spoiled little brat who has never grown up and he has to get his way.

• Like 2
Guest ThePunisher

Of coursed it's down.

This SOB Tin-Plated-Dictator-Want-A-Be with delusions of Godhood wants to prove that HE is in control and everything our wonderful, bloated, beneficent government can give you it can take away.

Any President that will close down open-air monuments like the WW2 memorial (that was built entirely with private contributions IIRC) is capable of doing ANYTHING to get his way because he is nothing but spoiled little brat who has never grown up and he has to get his way.

I believe it also tells about the character of the whole Dumacrat party that keeps on supporting him. That whole group shows me that they're anti-American.

Is HE really in control of what closes and what's open? I realize it's always easiest to blame the guy in the lead chair, but.. aren't the selections more guideline controlled than by HIS individual mandate?

I have a hard time imagining him sitting there going, "Ok, we'll close this, not that..." over and over.

• Like 1

Is HE really in control of what closes and what's open? I realize it's always easiest to blame the guy in the lead chair, but.. aren't the selections more guideline controlled than by HIS individual mandate?

I have a hard time imagining him sitting there going, "Ok, we'll close this, not that..." over and over.

If you mean did he make every single decision personally, probably not but yes, the president is in control of what is and isn't funded during this so-called shutdown (about 85% of the government is still running) so yes, the NIH being closed, national parks, even state parks that get federal funding, etc...those decisions came from him/his office at his direction.

I'm going to Gettysburg this month...I found out last week that they "closed" the battlefields there...I'm going by way of Shanksville PA to see the Flight 93 memorial but that's now "closed" as well...I'm sure they won't even let cars drive by given that they won't let people even stop on the side of the road to see Mount Rushmore.

Edited by RobertNashville

He's the leader, so I hold him responsible.
  • Like 1

The OP copied it directly from the DOJ website. It is the official government informational site that directs you to the dot com site for amber alert... That sucks just as bad cause the buttwipe wouldn't even leave a link up to go to the amberalert.com web site. Hell it cost more to redirect the link to an unavailable page than it would to have just left it alone.

They are also forcing people that live on federal property out of their homes due to the shutdown. Here's the link to one of the stories. LINK

From my understanding is the Amber alert service was not shut down just the DOJ Amber Alert information website. Amber Alerts are primarily a locally ran conducted in partnership with the center for missing and exploited children (whose site never went down as another poster mentioned).   The DOJ site is apparently back up and running now, but it was taken down due to a furlough of IT personnel.  Leaving it open with no IT personnel monitoring it would have left the DOJ open for cyber attacks.

Guest 6.8 AR

From my understanding is the Amber alert service was not shut down just the DOJ Amber Alert information website. Amber Alerts are primarily a locally ran conducted in partnership with the center for missing and exploited children (whose site never went down as another poster mentioned).   The DOJ site is apparently back up and running now, but it was taken down due to a furlough of IT personnel.  Leaving it open with no IT personnel monitoring it would have left the DOJ open for cyber attacks.

That's probably true, and they would have to remove the pictures from milk cartons. :D

It's the trend that matters. There are much more than 800,000 non-essential employees in the federal government. That's

only the number they picked out of thin air.

I heard a good comparison about the shutdown today from Andrew Wilcow(sp?) on Sirius today. He had a bunch of callers

claiming to be non-essential, and maybe a couple essential employees claiming that they were suffering over this pay thing.

He fired back after being polite to all of them saying he wondered how these employees felt punishing all the civilian sector

employees by the regulations imposed on that group. He wondered, and I wonder, also, how they care about all the jobs

lost permanently by government regulation. I question every one of his callers that I heard. They didn't sound very credible

to me.

I say they can lose their jobs forever and get one in the private sector. Then they can proudly say they support all the bloat

in the government like we do.

That's probably true, and they would have to remove the pictures from milk cartons. :D

It's the trend that matters. There are much more than 800,000 non-essential employees in the federal government. That's

only the number they picked out of thin air.

I heard a good comparison about the shutdown today from Andrew Wilcow(sp?) on Sirius today. He had a bunch of callers

claiming to be non-essential, and maybe a couple essential employees claiming that they were suffering over this pay thing.

He fired back after being polite to all of them saying he wondered how these employees felt punishing all the civilian sector

employees by the regulations imposed on that group. He wondered, and I wonder, also, how they care about all the jobs

lost permanently by government regulation. I question every one of his callers that I heard. They didn't sound very credible

to me.

I say they can lose their jobs forever and get one in the private sector. Then they can proudly say they support all the bloat

in the government like we do.

Theres only one issue in your post that won't work 6.8.  There are no private sector jobs so they won't dare quit that plus one they have on the Taxpayer dollar since they voted to give them all their back pay when they return to work............. :rant: :rant: :rant: