Now this is music!

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

I can't explain how this makes me feel. Kinda like a bonfire with all your best freinds, a hot lady (or man if you're femal), some good whiskey and family on the best of nights!

This banjo makes me wanna get down. lol

[ame]

[/ame]

I have tried to learn this for 2 years, and can play a few verses at a very slow tempo. LOL

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The banjo is my favorite instrument! I've had a couple and tried to learn how to play.....my right hand "rolls" were awesome, but my left hand is fairly retarded.....and arthritis doesn't help either. Nothing like being able to watch and hear a good banjo picker though!

For some reason I clicked on this thinking it would be some oldschool Metallica or Megadeth or SOMETHING.

Disappointed.

Ditto.

Something... not this. :)

Guest jps37033
For some reason I clicked on this thinking it would be some oldschool Metallica or Megadeth or SOMETHING.

Disappointed.

Sorry, I will post some "Tool" next time :lol:

Martin either has out or is about to release an album of banjo music with Scruggs and others. Read about it on a music RSS feed I subscribe to.

Martin also played on Tony Trischka's album last year. That may have something to do with this video.

http://rounder.com/index.php?id=album.php&catalog_id=6924

Tony Trischka:

Double Banjo Bluegrass Spectacular, Released 01/23/2007

Double Banjo Bluegrass Spectacular marks acclaimed banjo innovator Tony Trischka's return to acoustic bluegrass terrain - with a unique twist. Joined by a luminous roster of fellow five-stringers, Trischka travels down the rarely-explored avenue of full-band two-banjo bluegrass. Trischka's innate gifts as a musician and arranger, coupled with his unrivaled knowledge of banjo history and technique, ensure that the performances on Double Banjo are both provocative and tasteful, ranging from tightly-reigned and harmonious to spacious and exploratory. Classically styled and dynamic, yet still finding new ways to expand timeless traditions, Double Banjo is bluegrass as only Tony Trischka can envision it.

Featured banjo players include Earl Scruggs, Steve Martin, Béla Fleck, Alison Brown, Tom Adams, Bill Emerson, Kenny Ingram, Scott Vestal, and Noam Pikelny, performing alongside Chris Thile, Dudley Connell, Tony Rice, Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Ron Stewart, Michael Daves, and more.

"A great CD! Fine picking!" -Earl Scruggs

"Tony's jovial wit and deep love of the banjo and acoustic music has infected and lifted me many times. Always a trailblazer, Tony plays the banjo like Tony Trischka. And many other people around the world would love to do the same." -Jerry Douglas

"Wow what a CD. For banjo lovers everywhere a Tony Trischka recording is high on the list of acquisitions. When you check out the list of players who join Tony on this project you realize that it is a must have. Get it right now so you can start enjoying it immediately." -Jorma Kaukonen

"I've known Tony Trischka for a long time, and I've always admired his inventiveness. Wherever he goes musically, he always keeps it interesting - and when it comes to bluegrass, he's got a right hand that just won't quit!" -Del McCoury

"I don't give out blurbs anymore!" -Steve Martin

Disappointed.

Ditto.

Something... not this. :D

When I was a youngster, about 20 I think, I saw Metallica (I'm an old metalhead ;)) in concert outside Chicago.....it was their "And Justice for All" tour. It was incredible to say the least. They played for almost four hours!!! The encores seemed to go on forever! At that time Metallica and Guns n Roses were pretty good friends and they both loved Chicago. Guns n Roses were at the concert (they were in Chicago at the time taping a video) .....Izzy and Slash were in the front row and Axle was out in the back of the audience right behind where me and my friend were......with his two HUGE black bodygaurds on each side of him. When the concert ended and everyone started to leave, more people noticed Axle was out in the crowd and word traveled fast.....there was basically a stampede and my friend and I (of which by then were very much inebriated!) got caught right in the middle of it. Axles bodygaurds were on each side of him and had him actually lifted up and were running with him and knocking people out of the way.....one of them slammed into my buddy. When the crowd cleared I looked around and my friend was lying on the ground about 15 feet away from me...one of his shoes were off and he was a little dazed but he was ok. Ahhhh, those were the days! :lol:

Guest GT_Rat
Metallica's new album "Death Magnetic" is due out in just a few days and reportedly kicks much ass. We'll see. All their albums since "And Justice For All" ranked pretty high on the Suckmeter as far as I'm concerned.

FTFY

LOL, I was going to post some comment about how the dude on the left looked like Steve Martin, and then at the end, holy #$%^! It is Steve Martin! (I missed Letterman's intro while fiddling with the volume). I don't care for country music in general, but banjos and bluegrass are a different story--makes me want to take a friendly canoe trip down the Cahulawassee River.

Edited by deerslayer