A True example of polar opposites by Alan West.

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Alan West for President. Steadfast and Loyal

If this Republic can once again remember what American leadership looks like, our greatest days are indeed ahead. Let us never again become enraptured by a cult of personality promoting empty rhetoric that is anathema to our fundamental principles and beliefs. As de Tocqueville stated, "America is great because America is good, when America ceases to be good it will no longer be great". Leaders inspire people to dream great dreams and bring them to fruition, not sell us products. Watch this video - less than a minute.

http://youtu.be/ni1qUQqOENY

You are 100% right Tank.  I can promise you if Alan West Runs he will surely get my vote. I have the utmost respect for the man and when he speaks you can take to the bank what he says. I would like to see a West/Carson ticket or a West/Paul ticket or  West/Cruz ticket and then add a Senate Sweep and  keep a Republican House and then maybe we can put this country back on solid ground. At the Same time put all these criminals that have been in office in prison for Treason.........jmho

• Like 2

I like West a lot, but he can't be elected to state wide office in FL let alone President.  The reason for him leaving the military will prevent him from being elected.  It's sad but true fact.

Best we could hope for is a Paul or Lee win, and West being nominated as Secretary of Defense.

I like West a lot, but he can't be elected to state wide office in FL let alone President.  The reason for him leaving the military will prevent him from being elected.  It's sad but true fact.

Best we could hope for is a Paul or Lee win, and West being nominated as Secretary of Defense.

That would be acceptable to me also. They both are very dedicated men to the Constitution and the country over all.

Leave the Republican Party to the McCains, Boehners, Haslams and their ilk.

Political conservatives, like Alan West and certain people already holding State and Federal office, need to get together and create another party, or join an appropriate exsisting one. I'd love to see real conservatives band together and make a political party the Founding Fathers would be proud of.

I'm not talking about a handful or even dozens of people. I'm talking about hundreds in local, State and Federal races from city counsel to U.S.Senate. Get together, form alliances, create a bond and announce a mass exodus from RINO land before the 2016 election season. Then, for 2016, run as a large, formidable 3rd party. It'll take a few election cycles to gain enough power but it will be worth it.

Guest TankerHC

I like West a lot, but he can't be elected to state wide office in FL let alone President. The reason for him leaving the military will prevent him from being elected. It's sad but true fact.

Said it before and will say it again. West was fast tracking towards a star. Let the left bring up the reason for his retirement. Nothing but a positive. When Hillary brings it up that he was forced to retire for pulling a trigger next to an insurgents ear to get information to protect his troops vs Hillary leaving 4 Americans to die in Benghazi, it will be the last you hear of it. If they are even stupid enough to bring it up. I don't know. Protecting you're sons and daughters or leaving 4 Americans to die in Libya. How do you think that will play out? West isn't Romney or McCain who were too timid to stand their ground.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I like West a lot, but he can't be elected to state wide office in FL let alone President.  ..

To be fair, he never held or ran for a state wide office, only in congressional district. He lost his seat when the Dems out gerrymandered the GOP in redistricting his previous area for the 2012 elections.

- OS

I'm not happy about that fact, I respect the man a lot, and he did the wrong thing for the right reason, knowing that his career was less important than the lives of the men and women who served under him.  But, in the current anti-war mood in the country, he is unelectable as President.

Said it before and will say it again. West was fast tracking towards a star. Let the left bring up the reason for his retirement. Nothing but a positive. When Hillary brings it up that he was forced to retire for pulling a trigger next to an insurgents ear to get information to protect his troops vs Hillary leaving 4 Americans to die in Benghazi, it will be the last you hear of it. If they are even stupid enough to bring it up. I don't know. Protecting you're sons and daughters or leaving 4 Americans to die in Libya. How do you think that will play out? West isn't Romney or McCain who were too timid to stand their ground.

I'm not happy about that fact, I respect the man a lot, and he did the wrong thing for the right reason, knowing that his career was less important than the lives of the men and women who served under him. But, in the current anti-war mood in the country, he is unelectable as President.

Meh, I don't believe he did anything wrong. While I don't condone the execution of surrendered combatants as I think it is cowardly in its purpose, I don't think it is morally or ethically wrong to push the limits when there is a clear and present threat. Things aren't so black and white in that environment.
Guest TankerHC

The only thing he did wrong was not taking the insurgent somewhere else to get his information. When even our CIA guys are being vilified for interrogation techniques (Crimeny, their CIA, their job is to get information..and other things), West had to know when he pulled that trigger that there would be repercussions,

If Obama can get Elected, then Reelected, West can also.

...... Then, for 2016, run as a large, formidable 3rd party. It'll take a few election cycles to gain enough power but it will be worth it.

Can this Country survive a few more election cycles?  A real change is needed NOW!

Maybe the information from my ethics class 20 years later is outdated, but I was taught a mock execution of a prisoner was a war crime, and against the UCMJ under all circumstances.  Has that been changed?

As for your clear and present threat...  lets be clear it's not like some of his soldiers were being held prisoner and he was trying to find them before they were executed...  He had intel that an attack was being planned on his unit, brought an Iraqi officer in for questioning...  When beatings from the interpreter and several army personnel didn't work...  LtCol West dragged the police officer outside, showed him 6 US Army soldier with weapons and said they would kill him if he didn't talk, and finally when all of that hadn't worked...  he stuck the prisoner's head in a barrel and fired a round in the barrel next to his head...  Then the prisoner 'confessed'....

Now, the supposed ambush never happened, there was never any evidence proving an attack was going to happen, and we ended up letting the Iraqi police officer go because we couldn't come up with a single charge to hold him on....

So yeah, "wrong thing for the right reasons", is a kind way to describe what LtCol West did that day...  he was trying to protect his men, but he went way overboard...  Which when you're trying to rescue a POW, you might excuse doing whatever it takes to get your men back...  trying to get a confession of an attack which isn't even scheduled to happen until tomorrow...  maybe not so much...

He can't be elected, anybody who says otherwise is kidding themselves...  doesn't mean Allen West isn't a good man, or somebody to admire...  but he had a mistake and took protecting his men too far, and did so knowing that it would likely end his career...  That takes real courage...  but in this case it also precludes you from being elected President of the US.

Meh, I don't believe he did anything wrong. While I don't condone the execution of surrendered combatants as I think it is cowardly in its purpose, I don't think it is morally or ethically wrong to push the limits when there is a clear and present threat. Things aren't so black and white in that environment.

• Like 1
We'll said JayC, but the fact that he acted how he did and took the consequence in a dignified way gets him a vote from me. I would feel better knowing the person I vote for will tow a line instead of having an excuse and double talking.
Guest TankerHC

Maybe the information from my ethics class 20 years later is outdated, but I was taught a mock execution of a prisoner was a war crime, and against the UCMJ under all circumstances.  Has that been changed?

As for your clear and present threat...  lets be clear it's not like some of his soldiers were being held prisoner and he was trying to find them before they were executed...  He had intel that an attack was being planned on his unit, brought an Iraqi officer in for questioning...  When beatings from the interpreter and several army personnel didn't work...  LtCol West dragged the police officer outside, showed him 6 US Army soldier with weapons and said they would kill him if he didn't talk, and finally when all of that hadn't worked...  he stuck the prisoner's head in a barrel and fired a round in the barrel next to his head...  Then the prisoner 'confessed'....

Now, the supposed ambush never happened, there was never any evidence proving an attack was going to happen, and we ended up letting the Iraqi police officer go because we couldn't come up with a single charge to hold him on....

So yeah, "wrong thing for the right reasons", is a kind way to describe what LtCol West did that day...  he was trying to protect his men, but he went way overboard...  Which when you're trying to rescue a POW, you might excuse doing whatever it takes to get your men back...  trying to get a confession of an attack which isn't even scheduled to happen until tomorrow...  maybe not so much...

He can't be elected, anybody who says otherwise is kidding themselves...  doesn't mean Allen West isn't a good man, or somebody to admire...  but he had a mistake and took protecting his men too far, and did so knowing that it would likely end his career...  That takes real courage...  but in this case it also precludes you from being elected President of the US.

I went through the same classes 1000 times and can about quote you the Laws of Land Warfare. Regardless, its also a crime to intentionally leave your Embassy unguarded and I see eithics coming into play when you don't send support when it is available and allow four Americans to die in said Embassy or Consulate. He only went overboard that day if you consider it ignoring your responsibility to protect your troops. (Hard right over easy wrong, he sacrificed his career for his men). So which is it, do we live with what we have? Cruz, if he runs, will not beat Clinton, who WILL be the nominee and everyone knows it. Clinton cannot beat West no matter how hard she tries.

We complaining about West making a loud noise near an insurgents ear vs what is happening to the Constitution for me is not an option when it comes to who I support. If Cruz was the nominee, I would vote for him, against my own principles but for the good of the Nation. Knowing full well, he doesn't stand a chance.

Cruz is damaged goods, and the Republican Party caused it.

If you wonder why I keep referring to Cruz rather than the other 5 Candidates the left has chosen for us, its because I see the real showdown is going to be between Cruz and West (If he decides to run) , everyone else is insignificant, unless a Conservative hero steps up to the plate, which I don't see happening.

Edited by TankerHC

Maybe the information from my ethics class 20 years later is outdated, but I was taught a mock execution of a prisoner was a war crime, and against the UCMJ under all circumstances. Has that been changed?

No, but what I'm saying is things aren't so black and white. Things like this happen in war and they aren't as big a deal as we make them out to be. I care less about the rules and more about the context. Perhaps most folks disagree with that, but the reality is that this stuff goes on in war. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has seen or done things for the mission that may be interpreted by some Jagoff as out of bounds, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't lose sleep over it.

I didn't know Ted Cruz was damaged goods. News to me. I'd vote for either West or Cruz, and I don't consider Hillary

some kind of shoe-in.

She is very damaged goods, but has the media to whitewash it for her.

Guest ThePunisher
No need for a third party; just kick all the R rhinos out the Republican Party with more Tea Party Constitutional and Reaganesque minded people like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Alan West, Dr. Ben Carson, and Sarah Palin. Edited by ThePunisher
Guest TankerHC
This morning some rep who's name I didn't catch, leesman or something, was on the news from yesterday talking about Cruz. He called Cruz a Mexican and claimed Cruz himself uses the same type of health care that he "Cruz" claims Americans don't want. This "person" apologized but that makes no difference. Makes no difference that the health care issue with Cruz and the fact that he is Cuban not Mexican is false. Going through the channels I notice that a lot of them are reporting the interview but not the apology. And that is how it's played. Perception not reality. Cruz walked all over the Republicrat leadership. Even after the so called leadership said "basically" that the Tea Party Republicans were full of piss and vinegar but once they got to Washington and see how it works they will conform. He stepped out of the status quo. Now he will pay for it. It will advance, he will continue to receive blame for everything from all sides and when he hits the podium for the first time and the other candidates tear hm apart like a group of rabid dogs for him it will be over. He's damaged beyond repair in more ways than one.

Guest ThePunisher

Now he will pay for it. It will advance, he will continue to receive blame for everything from all sides and when he hits the podium for the first time and the other candidates tear hm apart like a group of rabid dogs for him it will be over. He's damaged beyond repair in more ways than one. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

He's not damaged by people who can think for themselves. He's shown leadership for bucking the corrupt system, and people have taken notice just like we have taken notice of Lamar being a Rhino. I thought its people that want to take on the corrupt establishment that is the kind of leadership we've all wanted and needed. The MSM, Dumacrats and the Rhinos will still malign Cruz and other Tea Partiers, but I believe these are true patriots and the kind of people our country needs. I hope Joe Carr can show the moxie of Cruz and Lee, and Paul.
Guest TankerHC

He's not damaged by people who can think for themselves. He's shown leadership for bucking the corrupt system, and people have taken notice just like we have taken notice of Lamar being a Rhino. I thought its people that want to take on the corrupt establishment that is the kind of leadership we've all wanted and needed. The MSM, Dumacrats and the Rhinos will still malign Cruz and other Tea Partiers, but I believe these are true patriots and the kind of people our country needs. I hope Joe Carr can show the moxie of Cruz and Lee, and Paul.

I agree with you 100%. But it's not the reality of the Washington elite. We will see in 12 months whether or not the people have a voice or whether we are ruled rather than represented. Currently we are ruled from Washington.

I think before the next election is upon us we need to make sure that the votes of the voters are not counted by a company owned by George Soros like the last election was in 2012. As long as Obama people are counting the votes it won't really matter who folks vote for they will be counted towards who ever Obama and his cronies want in office...........jmho

Guest ThePunisher

I think before the next election is upon us we need to make sure that the votes of the voters are not counted by a company owned by George Soros like the last election was in 2012. As long as Obama people are counting the votes it won't really matter who folks vote for they will be counted towards who ever Obama and his cronies want in office...........jmho

If this is ever proven true you can bet the true patriots won't take this s### any longer, and the near certainty of a revolt against these commies occurring. Heck these commies might even provoke a revolt even before 2016.