DOJ Arguing International Treaties Trump Our Constitution.....?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-criticizes-doj-for-arguing-international-treaty-can-trump-the-constitution/article/2538205

Justice Department attorneys are advancing an argument at the Supreme Court that could allow the government to invoke international treaties as a legal basis for policies such as gun control that conflict with the U.S. Constitution, according to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.

If this is true....do we even live in America anymore?

It's a "Dry Hole"... Already been decided many years ago....  This is "red meat" for the children and another slap at "real citizens"....

Unratified treaties cant be enforced nor can they trump established law....

leroy

Most citizens value their votes...just depends on whether they are voting with liberty or laziness in mind...I for one am frustrated with both political parties and a lack of a "VIABLE" 3rd party to keep things honest....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Except in this case they're talking about a ratified treaty...  and whether it does or doesn't trump the constitution...  I'm not sure that is settled case law.

It's a "Dry Hole"... Already been decided many years ago....  This is "red meat" for the children and another slap at "real citizens"....

Unratified treaties cant be enforced nor can they trump established law....

leroy

This is exactly why I posted a while back that we all need to begin getting focused on 2014 mid-term election and make sure we keep the House and get the Senate so they will not ratify that damn UN treaty Kerry was stupid enough to sign. If the Democrats gain the house and keep the Senate that will be at the top of the list of things for a complete Democratic controlled Congress to do is ratify it. Folks, this is just my opinion but the mid term elections of 2014 is going to be the most important election this country has ever faced in recent history. Even more important than the 2012 election. WE THE PEOPLE need to make very sure Obama is a totally Lame Duck President his last two years and the Congress has to power to remove him from office if he ever farts and anyone can smell it. Right now the Democrats are running away from Obama like he is some kind of contagious disease. They all know that he is making their re-election bids damn near impossible to win and his ACA lies are just that LIES and the American people are vastly becoming aware that he has lied to them over and over and over and so have his cronies. His pet news media's are even beginning to turn on him. Talk to your friend and have then talk to their friends and lets take back Washington DC for the people but more for the Sake of the Country. Have meetings with friends and cook outs with friends and neighbors and talk about this.............jmho

• Like 1
Sounds like a good plan...seems like the only way this country will be saved is from a grassroots level...the Rs and Ds have both effectively shown that if the voters are complacent they will grab for power at every chance....if they fear reprisal from THE PEOPLE they will tuck their tails and run everytime as evident with the backlash toward the ACA....

Sounds like a good plan...seems like the only way this country will be saved is from a grassroots level...the Rs and Ds have both effectively shown that if the voters are complacent they will grab for power at every chance....if they fear reprisal from THE PEOPLE they will tuck their tails and run everytime as evident with the backlash toward the ACA....

Good point Jacob. I think if we show them in 2014 that We The People decide who stays and who goes and not the other way around we can regain control of our country. We need to talk to ever uneducated or under educated people in our neighborhoods and work places we can I believe take our country back but we need to begin now and not let up till the day of the elections. You need to decide on who your going to throw your support behind and then start working on swinging the under educated voters in that direction. I really think that many voters are disgusted with what is going on in our country and are becoming more aware off all the lies they have been told.and even now with some of the pet news medias beginning to move more to the middle and talking about the lies they have been told it is going to be easier to swing many voters if they are shown how and who they should support..........jmho 

I'm not a big fan of Lamar Alexander but he has gone on record and signed along with 50 other Senators a letter to the President stating opposition to the Arms Trade Treaty that this Administration supports. Here is a link to the story with a very good short review of the treaty that is well worth reading. I can't vouch for the website, as I know nothing about it, but this article is really good:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/16805-lamar-alexander-un-arms-trade-treaty-violates-second-amendment

I just wish there had been 100 Senators to sign the thing, as there should have been. Edited by waynesan
Guest semiautots

How many treaties did this gubment make with the Indian nations?  Were any of them ever kept?

I still firmly believe there needs to be private militias.  Indirectly, there are, but organization is very important.

Believe me when I say that our politicians are very aware of the fact that well over 200 millions Americans own guns with most owning several. They also know that WE THE PEOPLE will not just roll over and allow them to enslave us. They also know they cannot trust the military to turn on the American people because it would mean turning on their our families which we all know for the most part will not happen. So along with the 200 + million guns in the civilian force when the military makes it's decision to defend the country against a domestic enemy( the Washington politicians) I would guess that Homeland Security will probably pee their pants and run and hide. I have heard far to many conversations from people I know that are serving right now in our military that have no intentions of turning on their own families. But will in turn stand beside them in battle. Our elected officials know this and will make sure that the UN Treaty is not ratified. Plus the Supreme Court has already ruled that the 2nd Amendment shall stand as a law of the land and upheld it in our Constitution..............jmho

Most citizens value their votes...just depends on whether they are voting with liberty or laziness in mind...I for one am frustrated with both political parties and a lack of a "VIABLE" 3rd party to keep things honest....

The only reason there is no "viable third party" is because everyone has bought into the idea perpetuated by the two major parties that third parties aren't viable.  Stop being a sheep and vote your conscience.  As long as people keep voting for the Republicans, the party will never change.  It's really that simple.

• Like 1