Consider this about Cruz before you go and believe the media spin

Guest 6.8 AR

Media spin against Ted Cruz, and the RINO spin against him is part of what will upset the apple cart

from within the Republican Party if they continue to bash one of their own. Ted Cruz, by using the

senate floor for 21 hours, exposed Obama for what he is, and is doing more positive things for the

midterm election.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/11/how_ted_cruz_won_the_shutdown_drama.html

Now, you can believe what you want and go watch the boob tube all you want. NBC, well, all of them

including FOX are spinning against Cruz because a power base from within the Republican Party is

being challenged by his actions. The thing about Cruz is that he took a lesson from Reagan and is

getting his message around the media to the public. I only use Reagan as an example because that's

how he won both terms. To understand how Cruz is successful, we need to watch how Cruz picks his

fights and quit trying to pontificate how he is hurting the Republican Party. If he remains successful,

and I think he will, he will bring about the destruction of the Republican Party by exposing the wimps

of this party and the Tea Party, or something with its beliefs will emerge.

When the media starts calling someone like Cruz an extremist, they and their string pullers are scared

to death of him. Rand Paul did the same, and Sarah Palin, also. These are the firebrands of a new

party being borne. From within states, look at the primary challenges against the RINOs.

It may be too late to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again, but there is a good start going on.

It could also be the last chance before the current regime takes this country down the hole.

I wish more would get the message, well said 6.8.

The RNC are scared to death of Cruz and they should be.

He is the new face of hope. Rand Paul, Mike Lee and a few others are there as well.

They way I see it is a new party just might come of all this.

• Like 1

Democrats and Republicans(RINOs) are both scared of him because he threatens their power base. He is a good reason

for Libertarians to work within a new party, also. He, Rand Paul and Mike Lee are very good reasons.

We need for the powers that be to be scared to death, but we need to also regard their political responses, especially

during election cycles, as false. Look at Texas. One of the most powerful Republicans, John Cornyn is the other senator

from Texas. One of the most effective, and articulate, Cruz, against his own partner, is already undermining Cornyn. I'll

bet Cornyn gets primaried just like Kay Bailey Hutchison was, except that the entire senate election fund will be for Cornyn

when that happens. Cruz won his election the old fashioned way, though. Watch McConnell's primary race, and South

Carolina. Things are happening. Cuccinelli for governor is picking up steam in Virginia. He is much more conservative

than the media is allowing out, but the message is getting out.

Things are happening. I just hope it is in time to accomplish some important things.

Erik, that depends on who you believe. I really don't know, but this isn't about him running for Prez, but more of him being the

sparkplug of change within the Republican Party, or the changer for a new party.

As far as him being eligible or not, that's best left up to the courts and the Constitution, rather than speculation on my part.

All I can say is I would love to see a bunch of Cruz types gain control of the Congress and make hay out of liberal politics.

That's where people like that can shine.

the party is dead.  the party has not changed with the times and has lost it way.  the rnc and the rest of the good old boys are on the way out, that is if we get our heads out of our butt.  when both sides start talking bad about someone you know that is the person that you want to vote for.  everybody these day got something that can be used against them.  

I personally think that Ted Cruz is brilliant. The media and the left is going nuts because he appears to have no skeletons in the closet and he certainly is getting his message out in spite of them.

Not only that, he is hispanic, was the valedictorian at high school and had an ivy league education and graduated cum laude; and he's not hiding any of those documents or school records.  Outside of the "natural-born" citizen debate, this guy is bullet-proof... as long as the power doesn't get to him.

Edited by Sam1

It could also be the last chance before the current regime takes this country down the hole.

To expand on that, we had the opportunity to shut this all down but people decided that they would just stay at home last November because they didn't like Romney... Like they expected to teach us a lesson or something by not voting.

I'd like to find out how many of those people are now running around bitching and getting screwed... my guess is that they make up a huge portion of these people losing their businesses, jobs and insurance plans.

• Like 2

To expand on that, we had the opportunity to shut this all down but people decided that they would just stay at home last November because they didn't like Romney... Like they expected to teach us a lesson or something by not voting.

I'd like to find out how many of those people are now running around bitching and getting screwed... my guess is that they make up a huge portion of these people losing their businesses, jobs and insurance plans.

One of biggest reasons we are in the mess we are in right now.

I say if Obama can be President of the United States with one American parent and one Foreign parent then Ted Cruz should have that same right to be President.  Ted Cruz accomplished a lot more than people realized with his filibuster and that was he exposed how bad the ACA would be and he was correct and as time goes by on the train wreck of it more and more people are going to realize that he was right about it. Sticker shock waves are moving at the speed of sound through out the country and as people begin realizing just how right Cruz was in exposing the plan for what it is and not what people were told it would be by Obama many of the Democrats that right up to it's release on 10/1 are not scrambling and running away and trying to figure out how to distance themselves from it. I think it's to little to late for many of them up in 2014. The American people are waking up by the 1000's to the fact that they were blatantly flat out lied to by Obama and his administration not only of the ACA but now more news medias are questioning the Fast and Furious cover up, The Benghazi  Cover up, The NSA coverup, The FBI Cover Up, and as those begin to come back on the scene in the different news medias more and more people will be waking up to just what has really been going on behind the scenes in this Washington DC administration and Obama's ratings will be even deeper in the cellar. Some Democrats up for election in 2014 have even asked the President not to come to their states and politic for them. They said they don't need his help.  I think and hope the writing is on the wall for many of them and they know it...............jmho 

The problem is that Obama was listed as born in America and Cruz was without question born in Canada.  There have been some lengthy debates on this site already discussing what the courts may say concerning what the term "natural-born" means.

In the end, it will have to go to court for a decision. 

I say if Obama can be President of the United States with one American parent and one Foreign parent then Ted Cruz should have that same right to be President.  Ted Cruz accomplished a lot more than people realized with his filibuster and that was he exposed how bad the ACA would be and he was correct and as time goes by on the train wreck of it more and more people are going to realize that he was right about it. Sticker shock waves are moving at the speed of sound through out the country and as people begin realizing just how right Cruz was in exposing the plan for what it is and not what people were told it would be by Obama many of the Democrats that right up to it's release on 10/1 are not scrambling and running away and trying to figure out how to distance themselves from it. I think it's to little to late for many of them up in 2014. The American people are waking up by the 1000's to the fact that they were blatantly flat out lied to by Obama and his administration not only of the ACA but now more news medias are questioning the Fast and Furious cover up, The Benghazi  Cover up, The NSA coverup, The FBI Cover Up, and as those begin to come back on the scene in the different news medias more and more people will be waking up to just what has really been going on behind the scenes in this Washington DC administration and Obama's ratings will be even deeper in the cellar. Some Democrats up for election in 2014 have even asked the President not to come to their states and politic for them. They said they don't need his help.  I think and hope the writing is on the wall for many of them and they know it...............jmho 

To some extent, we've all been guilty of applying the wrong ethics or philosophy when saying things like this. It's the "two wrongs

don't make a right" situation. As much as I'd like to agree with you, it is only if he could do it on his own standing, not because

of what we may think of Obama's eligibility, and that doesn't matter much now. Whatever one may think, the man is that spark

plug and he's shown how he can stir things up in a positive light. Obama and his long string of lies can only help people like

Cruz, Paul and others to demonstrate this administration's dangers.

the party is dead.  the party has not changed with the times and has lost it way.  the rnc and the rest of the good old boys are on the way out, that is if we get our heads out of our butt.  when both sides start talking bad about someone you know that is the person that you want to vote for.  everybody these day got something that can be used against them.  

The party is alive and kicking, but it is the platform and message that is too far to the left that is killing it.

Something else to consider is that Obama will wreck our country so bad, hopefully not all the way, Hillary will never get elected.

She is running away from Obama and his policies real fast. But her polling isn't getting any better because of it.

Obama won by a landslide. The people you speak of would not have made a difference. And even if Romney was in office I guarantee we would be in the same position.

Oh, and before you ask. Yes, I did hold my nose and vote for Romney. No, I won't do it again. If the Republicans don't come up with a respectable candidate I'll vote 3rd party or stay at home.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2

Obama won by a landslide. The people you speak of would not have made a difference. And even if Romney was in office I guarantee we would be in the same position.

Oh, and before you ask. Yes, I did hold my nose and vote for Romney. No, I won't do it again. If the Republicans don't come up with a respectable candidate I'll vote 3rd party or stay at home.

Disagree with that wholeheartedly, 15,000,000 registered voters did not go the polls in 2012.

I’m no psychic, but I will predict the new President will have an R or D after his/her name. With a strong 3rd party candidate showing it will be a democrat. Clinton, Biden, Cuomo or even another Obama; any of those sound good to you?

Cruz has a chance, but he would need a solid following. Cruz/Paul?

Disagree with that wholeheartedly, 15,000,000 registered voters did not go the polls in 2012.

I guess that's accurate counting all registered voters? But regardless,  consider the larger stat -- something like 110 million who were eligible didn't vote.

The question though,  is whether it would have made any difference in the outcome if all of them were registered and also voted, seems likely to me that BHO would simply have won by a much larger margin.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

I’m no psychic, but I will predict the new President will have an R or D after his/her name. With a strong 3rd party candidate showing it will be a democrat. Clinton, Biden, Cuomo or even another Obama; any of those sound good to you?

Cruz has a chance, but he would need a solid following. Cruz/Paul?

And you assume that just because someone has an R next to their name we are better off?

I'm THRILLED McCain is not the president right now and I wish I had never voted for him.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

I guess that's accurate counting all registered voters? But regardless, consider the larger stat -- something like 110 million who were eligible didn't vote.

The question though, is whether it would have made any difference in the outcome if all of them were registered and also voted, seems likely to me that BHO would simply have won by a much larger margin.

- OS

Correct the 15mil is total. But take into consideration the entire situation; bho lost 4,000,000 votes. Romney only scored 1,000,000 more than McStain. Roughly 1,000,000 more voted for others in the '12 polls.

The election could have easily gone to Romney if people just went out and voted. There's a lot of working parts to this but it boils down to there being more conservatives in the country and them just not voting

Correct the 15mil is total. But take into consideration the entire situation; bho lost 4,000,000 votes. Romney only scored 1,000,000 more than McStain. Roughly 1,000,000 more voted for others in the '12 polls.

The election could have easily gone to Romney if people just went out and voted. There's a lot of working parts to this but it boils down to there being more conservatives in the country and them just not voting

Maybe, maybe not. Remember it's not the total votes (ask Al Gore). You'd have to break it down somehow state by state to determine if those uncast votes spread around the 50 states would have actually made a difference in electoral votes from any, and which ones, of those 50 states.

For example, they couldn't have made any difference at all in the states that Mitt won, so you'd have to throw all those out from your projected total from the gitgo.

Anyway, your premise has been offered quite a bit, but I've never seen any real breakdown of data to really support that it would have changed the overall electoral totals. I guess, because it's not possible to really plug in real numbers in all the various states.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot