No Shave November

jcoosi

No shave November conveniently coincides with cool weather deer hunting.

And hockey season. I'll stick with my 40 year old 'stache.

P.S. - yes, I was born with it! Edited by enfield
  • Like 1

I started a little early in October but I'm gonna try to make it through the winter without shaving anything other than the neck. I have no issues with growth but I just can't seem to make it longer than a month or two without the wife talking me into shaving. I'm determined this time though (just like all the other times haha).

I have had a beard since 1974 and got back home from service. Sometimes I take it down short in summer but have never removed it completely. I have watched it go from jet black to silver gray over the years and now it is almost white so I have been letting it grow now with winter coming on....

I am jealous of all you beard growers. I went straight from military to LE, so during vacations is the only opportunity I've ever had for one. I'm sprouting the 'stache, though. All I can do for now... Edited by CCPT
Guest Keal G Seo

No shave November? How about just "No shave"...get on my level lol. I can't shave, irritates the hell out of my skin. Electrics leave a red rash for about 2 days, wet and dry. Tried razors of all different types...except straight, they scare the heck outta me. But they leave the rash plus ingrown hairs. Shaving creams, gels, powders and none all mess me up. Shaving with the grain, against it and even across it. My skin is just a b**** lol.

I keep her trimmed up nice in the summer with just scissors and clippers but come winter I just let it go.

+1 to keeping warm while deer hunting

So whats the deal with LE only being allowed to grow a mustache? Anyone know when or how that came about? I guess they do look neat and all but a beard can be groomed to look just as neat.

I have always assumed it came from the original paramilitary style grooming standards.

So whats the deal with LE only being allowed to grow a mustache? Anyone know when or how that came about? I guess they do look neat and all but a beard can be groomed to look just as neat.

I assume it's the same reason as the military....so your gas mask can seal to your face if you have to use it. Other than that, I have no clue.
Guest Broomhead

42646791.jpg

Bwahaha. Love it. I keep a beard 365. I usually keep it trimmed really short though. My wife calls me a jihadist if I let it grow out. I may try to let it go this month though.
Guest Broomhead

I keep a beard 365. In the winter it tends to get a little gnarly and when friends and family start reffering to it as a terrorist beard I know its time to trim!

That's how my wife describes it too. She likes it trimmed really short.