Black Friday Deals?

jgradyc

I've finally decided to upgrade our old TV. Some leaked Black Friday deals can be found here.

http://tgiblackfriday.com/

I'm looking for a 60" LED 1080p 120Hz (or higher) HDTV. I'd also consider a 55". It looks like the Black Friday deals will be about 20-25% off, but here's the problem...

I am NOT going to stand in line to get in, fight a bunch of crazy, rude people to place my order, get the TV, and then wait in line to pay for it.

What I'd like to do is buy it now (or anytime before the store runs out) and pick it up after the craziness settles down in a day or so.  Any ideas on how to do this?  I'm in no rush... anytime between now and oh, say, Christmas would be okay.

Maybe I could find the model that will be on sale, put it on layaway, and then pick it up at the lower price?  Or, buy it and then get a refund for the difference later... I know some businesses do this.  Has anyone done this? Would it work?  What about buying it online when the deal starts and picking it up later?

Surely, some smart people have figured out a way to avoid the craziness and still get a good deal. So, how can I/we do this?

Edited by jgradyc
Electronic Express usually starts their sale at least the day before. That is how I got my last TV.
For the most part, most retailers sale prices are valid online so you could buy and then go pick up later. I do almost all of my shopping online the past few years and skip the crowds.

Walmart has a Vizio smart (internet apps) 60" 1080p with 60 fps for $688 and is guaranteed in stock for 1 hour or you get a rain check with guaranteed delivery by Christmas. Gotta be there 6pm on the 28th (Thanksgiving)

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/wal/walmart-black-friday-ad1.shtml

They also have a 720p 32 inch for $98 that I am pick up for an extra TV.

That's a great deal.  No real reason for most to go above 60hz refresh.  If you are using it as a computer monitor for gaming then the 120 can be nice at times with certain games but most do fine with 60.  Most people's eyes can't handle more than 30-40 anyways.

ETA - looked at the ad and it says that model is a 120hz refresh so I guess you are heading to wally world for sure eh?

Edited by viscero
Guest Keal G Seo

ETA - looked at the ad and it says that model is a 120hz refresh so I guess you are heading to wally world for sure eh?

I read the wrong hz on the 60 inch, yeah that is a 120. But no I just got a 3D this year so I am just getting the 32 inch for my mother...she still has a 1980's 26 inch RCA console SD TV and has been waiting long enough. She also wants to turn the console TV into a indoor dog house, so the timing is nice.

I played this game a few years ago and found my best deal on a 55" Panasonic the week before the Superbowl at Target. The lowest it had been before was $1199 at Best Buy. We bought it at $999 minus 5% redcard savings, minus ANOTHER 10% when we bought a $17 HDMI cable.

I already had half a dozen HDMI cables, but I netted about $75 by buying another. ;-)

I now work at Tullahoma's Electronic Express and we won't know the black friday deals until the day before I'm afraid. Right now there are a couple sales going on at every EE, But it seems a lot of people are waiting til the BF sales and the crowds. Before when I was not working retail, I would avoid BF like the plague, but since i work retail now, I can't avoid it.

I'll be avoiding shopping in stores like the plague. A few years ago i got my hands on a discounted GPS. I was all happy about it until i saw the line.... then i realized i'd rather pay $30 just to avoid standing in that line for 4 hours.

Online shopping for me only!

• Like 3

I'll be avoiding shopping in stores like the plague. A few years ago i got my hands on a discounted GPS. I was all happy about it until i saw the line.... then i realized i'd rather pay $30 just to avoid standing in that line for 4 hours.

Online shopping for me only!

Same for us...I don't think we've bought Christmas in a store for 2 years now...we might even buy the dang batteries online this year...

Easy answer... Buy it online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1

Check and see if Amazon is going to have any deals on TVs. We bought our S60 off Amazon. It was $20 cheaper than Best Buy, paid no sales tax, and it was shipped free and the guys set it up and made sure it worked before they left. Perfect transaction.

Guest TankerHC
The 55 is an ok lens but the 200 isn't all that great if they are the same lenses that they always come with. I'll be replacing my 3100 with a used D90. Im keeping the 55 because it's a VR but the extra 200 isn't. It's a basic 200mm kit lens. If I had known the difference at the time I would have saved some money bought the 5200 body and the 55 VR then added 90 bucks and got the 200 VR off of Amazon. I didn't know though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2