Ok, I just thought it was cool

Rightwinger

Cool. Wonder if it was filmed with the trucks going forward and then played back backwards?

I saw on TV that it was filmed with the trucks going forward and he Van Dumb was wearing a safety harness that they CGI'ed it out..

It still looks cool. 

• Like 1

I saw on TV that it was filmed with the trucks going forward and he Van Dumb was wearing a safety harness that they CGI'ed it out..

It still looks cool. 

OK, I don't care as much about the safety harness.  We all expect that.  However this being a commercial demonstrating the truck ability it is a form of fraud to film it going forward, then reverse it to make it appear they did it backwards. 

Guest TankerHC

According to an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the trucks were driving backwards. Van Damme actually did the split but his legs were resting on two platforms behind each mirror. And he was wearing a harness, since it wouldnt look good to have a news article about killing Jean Claude Van Damme instead of a cool commercial.

Either way, I think its is really cool, and I am not into guys doing splits, but if I were, Vann Damme is the best at it, probably because he is the only person (Male) I have ever seen do one. In Blood Sport. 

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/11/15/how-volvo-created-the-jean-claude-van-damme-video/

Edited by TankerHC

I also saw him do them in Blood Sport and I thought that was cool back then but it amazes me that he has put on quite a few years and he can still perform that same split is totally awesome. I think all in all it was a cool commercial and I can give credit where credit is also due. It took some really very good truck drivers to pull that off for sure...............jmho

Neat video. Any of you guys know what song that is? It's quite nice.

Enya. Only Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI

Rather makes me disrespect her for licensing that for a commercial, actually.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

OK, now laughing my butt off.  Another EPIC split

(yes I have forgotten how to embed the dang videos)

[media] http://youtu.be/EMlpiey20b8 [/media]

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlpiey20b8&feature=youtu.be [/media]

Edited by mikegideon