Introducing the new Glock 42

Erik88

Guest 270win

The new Remington 9mm interests me more than this new Glock 380, as long as the Remington is reliable.  I'm sure this new Glock will be a good gun if you like the 380 cartridge.

If I'm going to get a .380 Glock , I would rather have the 25 or 28 because I know they have been out for quite a while and have no "growing pains" to get through and bugs to work out. Plus Glock's blow back system is kinda neat to look at .  :cool:

Edited by tercel89

I'm sorry, but a .380ACP bigger than the P3AT/LCP is a waste of a 9mm barrel blank. 

Don't be sorry , I think Glock will be for not releasing this in 9mm . I bet this will increase the S&W Shield 9mm  buyers . I have a Shield right now and love it even though I am a die-hard Glock fan . What the heck was going through Glock's mind besides that young nurse of his ? 

• Like 2

Don't be sorry , I think Glock will be for not releasing this in 9mm . I bet this will increase the S&W Shield 9mm  buyers . I have a Shield right now and love it even though I am a die-hard Glock fan . What the heck was going through Glock's mind besides that young nurse of his ? 

Love it! :rofl:  :rofl:

I was pretty sure I'd go for one but with the few guns I've bought in the last month or so, and the R-51 coming soon, I'm no longer as sure about it. But...you know things do change.

• Like 1

A 380 , that is not considerably SMALLER that a 9 mm size pistol  , is a waste to me , in this country . Some countries do not allow civilians to have guns in calibers that are the same as thier military . Ammo is higher and less powerful than the same ammo in a 9 mm . Ther is better 380 than 20 years ago but there is better 9 mm as well. I am guessing that this is in the size range of a Sigma S&W 380 / Kel Tec PF9 , I will have to check but to me the popularity  rise of the 380 has been due to the super small pistols they are making and Not because of the actual cartridge.

A plus is that it can probably have a 9 mm version soon. Thier other 380's can be sold here  "IF THEY WOULD JUST BUILD THEM HERE " . But again why buy a 380 that is the same physical size as a 9mm ? Again , no one asked me and what do I know.

As for the larger 45 , That does not interest me for now either . I already have a 21 , 30 , and a 36 . It has to have a very limited market as would the 10 mm model in the same size . I have a 20 and like the 10 mm but it has a limited following and it is still not uncommon to say you have a 10 mm , just to hear someone reply with " don't you mean a 9 mm ? " .

Concealed carry I would think is where they have let thier competition make a bunch of sales. Just think of all the LCP / Kel Tec P3at / S&W bodyguard / PF9 Kel Tec / LC9 and so on that have been sold . Glock fans who have already bought one of the smaller competiters pistols are not likely to buy a Glock just so they have another Glock. A few might , but for the most part , I would think those sales are gone forever . TOO LITTLE , TOO LATE in my opinion

Edited by Keyless

A 380 , that is not considerably SMALLER that a 9 mm size pistol  , is a waste to me , in this country . Some countries do not allow civilians to have guns in calibers that are the same as thier military . Ammo is higher and less powerful than the same ammo in a 9 mm . Ther is better 380 than 20 years ago but there is better 9 mm as well. I am guessing that this is in the size range of a Sigma S&W 380 / Kel Tec PF9 , I will have to check but to me the popularity  rise of the 380 has been due to the super small pistols they are making and Not because of the actual cartridge.

A plus is that it can probably have a 9 mm version soon. Thier other 380's can be sold here  "IF THEY WOULD JUST BUILD THEM HERE " . But again why buy a 380 that is the same physical size as a 9mm ? Again , no one asked me and what do I know.

As for the larger 45 , That does not interest me for now either . I already have a 21 , 30 , and a 36 . It has to have a very limited market as would the 10 mm model in the same size . I have a 20 and like the 10 mm but it has a limited following and it is still not uncommon to say you have a 10 mm , just to hear someone reply with " don't you mean a 9 mm ? " .

Concealed carry I would think is where they have let thier competition make a bunch of sales. Just think of all the LCP / Kel Tec P3at / S&W bodyguard / PF9 Kel Tec / LC9 and so on that have been sold . Glock fans who have already bought one of the smaller competiters pistols are not likely to buy a Glock just so they have another Glock. A few might , but for the most part , I would think those sales are gone forever . TOO LITTLE , TOO LATE im my opinion

Sometimes a fat-framed gun that is fucntional is well worth the the width to me like the G25 and G28 

tercel89

I can see what you are saying . But my point is most people that have a Glock , have one the same physical size as the 25 or 28 . The 26/27and 33 are the exact same physical size as the 28 and the 25 is the same size as the 19/23 and 32.  The 25 and  28 , I think , were to meet the need in countries that can not have guns in the same caliber as military and police . They do not meet enogh ATF "points" to be imported , but they could be built here and get around that . Other than collecting I just don't see the need for a 25 or 28 in this country. I just thick they would be a hard sell in this country. Again just my opinion. 

I did get my Smith SW 380 " Sigma "  out and it is almost the exact same size of the Glock 380 in the video. To me it is still a little to big for my pocket on most pants , so I get to save my money a little longer .

Good Lord, have you guys read the reviews on this gun? This is just frustrating to me.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/glock-42-single-stack-380-micro-pistol-new-gun-review-shot-show-2014-preview/

"Most important, it is a Glock, and that carries a lot of weight with gun buyers in the market."

Here is my take on the review.

1. It's big. The reviewers can say it is small, but it's a mid-sized gun.

2. It jams. Not with everything, but it jams with some ammo. It shoots WWB. Who wants Winchester White Box in their EDC... especially in .380?

3. Trigger pull is 10 pounds... that's right... TEN pounds.  You'd think Glock would get reviewers a decent gun to test, but hopefully this is a one-off problem of some kind.

I think if another manufacturer (Kel Tec, Diamondback, Taurus) had made this exact gun, the reviewers would have given it two thumbs down... but hey, it's a Glock...

Edited by jgradyc

I'd have the shotgun in a heartbeat and then the carbine.

If Gaston Glock or anybody else can figure out a mechanical method to prevent short-shucking a pump shotgun under stress, the gun world will beat a path to their door.  Otherwise I don't see the attraction for a Glock-branded shotgun. 

For the record I carry FMJ in my LCP. WWB works just fine. I'll reserve judgement for when I see one in person. I can see it filling a niche but not a huge seller like a 9mm. I could see my mother or my wife shooting this better than an LCP because it's bound to have light recoil plus a full grip. Pumping it up to 9mm would be great for me but probably not for them as the recoil would increase. This is all theoretical of course. Time will tell if it's useful Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic

For the record I carry FMJ in my LCP. WWB works just fine. I'll reserve judgement for when I see one in person. I can see it filling a niche but not a huge seller like a 9mm. I could see my mother or my wife shooting this better than an LCP because it's bound to have light recoil plus a full grip. Pumping it up to 9mm would be great for me but probably not for them as the recoil would increase. This is all theoretical of course. Time will tell if it's useful Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic

I've been wanting to load the p238 and Bersa with Buffalo Bore hard cast FMJ+P. I see no use for JHP in .380 though I did see a test recently that showed very good performance from a few brands. The buffalo bore is hard to find and very expensive though. 

When it comes to .380 I follow the golden rule- we want expansion but we need penetration...

Just test Buffalo Bore if you find some, the 9mm+p+ was some of the worst grouping ammo I have ever shot, and no it wasn't because of excessive recoil.

Just like any ammo, the max powder charge the case can handle is usually not the most accurate.  If its "minute-of-bad guy" Id say thats all they were going for, that and as much velocity as possible 

I often wonder why glock or other polymer manufacturers don't go with a metal trigger guard so it can be thinner, thus allowing just a little more room for your fingers to get a little higher and more secure grip. Sometimes just getting a little higher and tighter can make a big difference.

Disappointing to hear about some of the early reliability issues, especially given the delay in introducing the pistol, I hope they get that worked out.

Just got through a complete takedown of both the .380 and the Practical/Tactical 45.

The 380 is very nice actually.  I would seriously reserve judgement until you play with one.  It looks like there are a couple of minor differences on the inside.  It has a coil spring to push the slide release instead of the long/curled wire on the other glocks. and it looks like the slide has some minor differences.  I kind of like it, but it would not make me sell my LCP.

The .45 still has a really big grip like the other big guns, but the slide appears to be the same width of the 9mm guns.  it felt really nice and had a 13+1 capacity.

I wouldn't be embarrassed to carry either one.