Budsgunshop

Andyshowfan

Kind o like win a free day at the range and a gun from buds! Just take a 7 hour tour of a time share and attend a 12 hour seminar where we water board you into buying a timeshare on a 10th of an acre in booger hollow and a 5000 dollar Taurus 380 from buds hahahah
Or : help settle the hatfield mc coy fued, buy a Taurus from buds and get a free sandwich,and Iba rig to attend the dinner show with.
End of day silliness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
Guest TankerHC

Kind o like win a free day at the range and a gun from buds! Just take a 7 hour tour of a time share and attend a 12 hour seminar where we water board you into buying a timeshare on a 10th of an acre in booger hollow and a 5000 dollar Taurus 380 from buds hahahah
Or : help settle the hatfield mc coy fued, buy a Taurus from buds and get a free sandwich,and Iba rig to attend the dinner show with.
End of day silliness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I have declined all of those time share offers the last 15 or so years, Ill buy my own tickets thanks, offer me a free gun and some range time and Ill spend the weekend with you (But still wont buy your time share). lol

Hah I never fell for the torture to buy scheme either.Although even though buds has happy and angry former customers I think its funny they'd build next to a knife store. I guess everyone can get ready for battle,see a time share, the hatfields n mc coys, ride a coaster at dolly wood and get married in one day! They almost got me one day w the free cruise scam for a time share tour but my gf at the time had no sea legs and couldn't do boats period saving me from self drowning.
I wonder if the county commission saw any of the I hate buds videos before issuing any permits or licenses. The look on their faces would truly be priceless!
Boo yah lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

The "thousand trails" pitch is a pretty good deal. 2 nights at their grounds and the pitch itself is fairly short. Don't bite though, people are selling their packages online for a fraction of the "have you in the sales office" price. I did feel kind-of bad for the lady who showed us around/tried to sell but not too much.

Haven't tried any of the Pigeon Forge timeshare pitches. That sounds way too long. We stayed at a hotel there where people were doing the timeshare thing in the dining room. They looked pretty miserable.

• 3 months later...
Guest TankerHC

Just spoke with the architect and have seen the preliminary drawings. it will have a retail area as well as 25 lanes of indoor range. They look to start demo work within a few weeks.

This is great news. But were SURE its Buds?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Guest TankerHC

I moved to Firearms heaven.

Two Academies within 30 minutes.

Cabela's coming, within 45 minutes.

Sportsmans Warehouse, 30 minutes,

Bass Pro Shop, Sevierville Indoor Range, soon Buds, another Academy, 80 miles away. 

Gander Mountain, ANOTHER Academy, 65 miles away.

And to many LGS's to count.

I should have no reason to ever purchase another gun online again. 

This is terrible news. The ONLY reason I (and most other TN residents) shopped with Buds was their low prices with cash discount, no tax, and free shipping. Of course we still had to pay FFL transfer fees which average about $25 per gun after TICS depending on your transfer dealer, but the transfer cost was usually offset by not having to pay tax so Buds was still a little cheaper in the end. Now everything will cost TN residents about 10% more for tax, and even local Sevierville customers will still have to pay TICS so we are losing all the way around. Sure it's cool to have another store to browse in or a range to shoot at, but if they stayed out of TN you could still buy all their stuff for 10% less, so what is there to celebrate? If you are willing to pay at least 10% more (plus 3% additional if you use credit card), then you will likely find the same pricing available at many of our existing TN dealers. And it's safe to say that most TN residents will not benefit from the local store since they are locating on the extreme end of the state, so this is generally a bad thing for most of us in TN. I hope it falls through or I will quit buying from Buds altogether. Even if they were still a few percent cheaper than other local dealers, most TN folks would be better off buying from their local shops given the high cost of gas and the long drive to get across the state.
  • Like 1

This is terrible news. The ONLY reason I (and most other TN residents) shopped with Buds was their low prices with cash discount, no tax, and free shipping. Of course we still had to pay FFL transfer fees which average about $25 per gun after TICS depending on your transfer dealer, but the transfer cost was usually offset by not having to pay tax so Buds was still a little cheaper in the end. Now everything will cost TN residents about 10% more for tax, and even local Sevierville customers will still have to pay TICS so we are losing all the way around. Sure it's cool to have another store to browse in or a range to shoot at, but if they stayed out of TN you could still buy all their stuff for 10% less, so what is there to celebrate? If you are willing to pay at least 10% more (plus 3% additional if you use credit card), then you will likely find the same pricing available at many of our existing TN dealers. And it's safe to say that most TN residents will not benefit from the local store since they are locating on the extreme end of the state, so this is generally a bad thing for most of us in TN. I hope it falls through or I will quit buying from Buds altogether. Even if they were still a few percent cheaper than other local dealers, most TN folks would be better off buying from their local shops given the high cost of gas and the long drive to get across the state.

You do realize that legally you are supposed to be submitting the sales tax to the state? Sooner or later the states are going to mandate that we pay our sales tax on internet purchases....

• Like 2
[quote name="teecro" post="1123258" timestamp="1394573221"]You do realize that legally you are supposed to be submitting the sales tax to the state? Sooner or later the states are going to mandate that we pay our sales tax on internet purchases....[/quote] I am aware of sales and use tax laws. I am also aware that the vast majority of US citizens never report or pay tax on their out of state internet sales. This is not a debate about tax law or compliance. It is about Buds opening a new outlet in TN which will result in mandatory 10% price increase for the vast majority of TN residents who would have otherwise purchased from them and not paid tax (regardless of the law or their reasons for doing so).

You folks that keep on slow-time must be miserable, tons of great life in Knoxville and Chattanooga.

I'll give ya a big amen on that one Patton.  Top notch sporting outlets and a top 5 bass lake in the country with lots of striper and crappie fishing too!

You do realize that legally you are supposed to be submitting the sales tax to the state? Sooner or later the states are going to mandate that we pay our sales tax on internet purchases....

Not going to happen. We're already taxed to death anyway. At least 75% of everything I buy comes from the internet & I do mean everything. Groceries & ammo are about the only thing I buy locally. Some sites charge tax & some don't. Everything is either too expensive locally or not available. I'm over an hour drive from any big town & if I want something I have to order it.

I've been to the shooting range at Bud's more than once & it's really nice. The Seviereville area would do great with a large indoor gun range & training facility, but I'm still not convinced it's really Bud's. I was at Smoky Mountain Knife Works yesterday & no one there has heard about it. I even spoke to the owner of The Gun Warehouse (Bud's) a few weeks ago while in Lexington & he said they have no plans of opening a second location anywhere. He might be keeping it secret for personal reasons, but it wouldn't make sense for him to be so secretive about it. I do know they have a contract with Smoky Mountain Knife Works to display & sell knives.

Guest TankerHC

From Buds Facebook Page.

It is true. We are opening a shop in Sieverville. 

Concerning the rumors.

BudsGunShop They are true  We are opening a store in Sevierville, TN. It will be opening May/June of this year. 45k sq.ft and 25 shooting lanes

Edited by TankerHC

From Buds Facebook Page.

It is true. We are opening a shop in Sieverville. 

Concerning the rumors.

BudsGunShop They are true  We are opening a store in Sevierville, TN. It will be opening May/June of this year. 45k sq.ft and 25 shooting lanes

Not doubting you, but I do not see it.  I am on their FB page now.  What date did they post it.

Guest TankerHC

Not doubting you, but I do not see it.  I am on their FB page now.  What date did they post it.

March 3rd, in response to someones question about the rumors.

EDIT: Go back to February 21st. 

Edited by TankerHC

Echoes my thoughts exactly! I have spent a fortune with Bud's. Not likely to spend any more after they open in TN. Good for the state, but bad for my wallet. Why couldn't they have made this a separate business so us online shoppers could keep purchasing from Kentucky?

I just saw this thread when it got revived today. I had heard if a big gun store coming to the mountains but it being Bud's couldn't have been worse news for me.
I'm pretty sure they are connected to SMKW. I remember a joint advertisement once. On a separate, but related note, I heard Cabela's might be coming to NE TN somewhere between Blountville and Bristol....so we'll probably have tax from them too.
[quote name="tbenedict" post="1123358" timestamp="1394586653"]On a separate, but related note, I heard Cabela's might be coming to NE TN somewhere between Blountville and Bristol....so we'll probably have tax from them too.[/quote] Many years ago Cabelas was great. I loved their catalogs and ordered from them several times a year. But they changed a lot after their major growth and the majority of their prices are quite high. They do have nice stores and a massive selection, but I almost never find anything there that I couldn't buy elsewhere for significantly less. Even when they do run a good sale once in a while, their high shipping or quantity limits usually kill it. I haven't purchased from them in years, and the last time I tried to buy 22 lr when they had it for $30 per brick in stock, and they canceled the order 1 week later because they didn't have it, even though other friends that ordered after me got theirs. So it's not exciting to see these big box high profit high traffic stores coming in. At least with Walmart you can usually save some money.