Time to fess up, which one of you is this...

A few years ago, we had a guy here in Clarksville who harvested a deer, and he and his buddy threw it in the back of his truck. He was setting at the traffic light at Riverside and 41A, when his buck decided to jump out of his truck and run through down town Clarksville. CPD wound up shooting the wounded deer.

DaveS

• Like 1
  • Moderators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-eAxVs7LCU#t=37

A few years ago, we had a guy here in Clarksville who harvested a deer, and he and his buddy threw it in the back of his truck. He was setting at the traffic light at Riverside and 41A, when his buck decided to jump out of his truck and run through down town Clarksville. CPD wound up shooting the wounded deer.

DaveS

Guest Bonedaddy

A friend and his wife were comin' home down Hwy 412, one night, when this huge 10 pointer ran across the hwy. and they hit it. Messed up their car a little. Kenny got out and grabbed the supposedly "dead" deer by the rack sayin', "Tammy! Check out the rack on this sucker!" Just then, it came back to life and it was on. State trooper Suggs arrived then the local game warden and they had to shut the hwy. down for an hour and a half while Kenny 'rassled that buck from one side of a divided 4 lane to the other and back, skeered to let it go and really wantin' to keep it. Eventually, it got tired enough for the warden to try to head shoot it, while Kenny was still holdin' on but cuz he was skeered of hittin' Kenny, he missed. More than once, IIRC. Finally, Suggs told'm to give him his gun cuz his involved too much paper work and capped it in the head. Kenny got some nice meat (probably tough, though) and a nice rack outta that deal.

A friend and his wife were comin' home down Hwy 412, one night, when this huge 10 pointer ran across the hwy. and they hit it. Messed up their car a little. Kenny got out and grabbed the supposedly "dead" deer by the rack sayin', "Tammy! Check out the rack on this sucker!" Just then, it came back to life and it was on. State trooper Suggs arrived then the local game warden and they had to shut the hwy. down for an hour and a half while Kenny 'rassled that buck from one side of a divided 4 lane to the other and back, skeered to let it go and really wantin' to keep it. Eventually, it got tired enough for the warden to try to head shoot it, while Kenny was still holdin' on but cuz he was skeered of hittin' Kenny, he missed. More than once, IIRC. Finally, Suggs told'm to give him his gun cuz his involved too much paper work and capped it in the head. Kenny got some nice meat (probably tough, though) and a nice rack outta that deal.

I bet that was a sight to see.  Hime being drug back and forth across the road because he would not let go.  Sounds like something I would do. lol

• Like 1
Guest Bonedaddy

I bet that was a sight to see.  Hime being drug back and forth across the road because he would not let go.  Sounds like something I would do. lol

Me too. I stalked a doe in the woods by a slough, one day, for 4 hours. Had to walk all the way around the slough to get to her side and she let me get within' touchin' distance twice. I was gonna try to take'r with my foldin' knife but she tricked me. She was 'bout 10 yds from me and she slowly stepped behind a cypress just before I took off for her but when I got there, she was already half way across the narrow slough. I seriously thought of tryin' it but decided against it. When she hit the bank on the other side, she jumped 3 times a good 6-8' in the air like she was tryin' to throw somethin' off her back. She knew I was comin' and beat me. She woulda probably kicked my butt if I had succeeded in the attack.

More importantly, who was the "Greg" on Doomsday Preppers tonight? Said he is from south of Nashville. He built a reflective tree house as a bug out location. He covered it with mirror like relflective material. Really cool as it reflected the surrounding greens and trees that hid it pretty well. I think it would have been better if it were closer to the ground but it was really cool none the less.