17year old with record killed in botched robbery

Obviously another case of vigilante racism. Rednecks roaming the streets killing law abiding, innocent, black honor student boy scout altar boys. When will we stop these atrocities by outlawing automatic assault bullets? We all know he didn't deserve to die, why didn't they just call him a bad name instead of defending themselves?

Okay, sarcastic atempt at humor over for now.

Let's see nancy grace scream bombshell over this one ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Poor old Nancy is toast. Maybe she will before she get's in her last show.

Obviously another case of vigilante racism. Rednecks roaming the streets killing law abiding, innocent, black honor student boy scout altar boys. When will we stop these atrocities by outlawing automatic assault bullets? We all know he didn't deserve to die, why didn't they just call him a bad name instead of defending themselves?

Okay, sarcastic atempt at humor over for now.

Obviously, Mr. Archer should have NEVER gotten out of his vehicle...since he did we have no choice but to assume that he was looking for trouble and is a racist (probably a "White-redneck" too)!

Do we know if either of the "victims" was on his cell phone talking with his girlfriend?

Is Haslam going shopping for a DA that will prosecute since the investigating officers/DA have already said that they won't press charges against Mr. Archer?

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/dec/10/teen-killed-0010in-shooting-faced-charges/?print
Friends mourned Ward on Twitter over the weekend. He was a student at Ridgeland High School.

"Imma miss him so much," writes @shermanyb_ on Twitter.

Ward was charged in another robbery case in October 2012. He was expected to go to trial in March on charges of aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery and theft of property, court records show.
Ward and another homicide victim from this year, 16-year-old Lamunta Williams, allegedly committed a home invasion-style robbery at a home on East 18th Street wearing bandannas. They repeatedly beat the victims before stealing two guns, a TV, an Xbox and $150 in cash, according to police.

Williams was picked out of the lineup by one of the victims. Five months after the October robbery, he was shot and killed in an abandoned house a couple of blocks from the Howard School during the school day where he was supposed to be in class.

When police searched Ward's phone, they found pictures of him posing with one of the stolen guns and another picture documenting the serial number. Both pictures were taken the day of the robbery.

Ward's death marks the 18th homicide of the year. In all of 2012, there were 24. Edited by Duck

Obviously, Mr. Archer should have NEVER gotten out of his vehicle...since he did we have no choice but to assume that he was looking for trouble and is a racist (probably a "White-redneck" too)!

Do we know if either of the "victims" was on his cell phone talking with his girlfriend?

Is Haslam going shopping for a DA that will prosecute since the investigating officers/DA have already said that they won't press charges against Mr. Archer?

Yeah, because this has SOOOO much in common with that other case to which you are obviously referring.  That is if by "SOOOO much" you mean nothing at all beyond both of them involving a firearm and the deceased being 17 years old and black in both.

Also, just for the record, going by his statement from the article it looks like Mr. Archer didn't get out of his vehicle, at least not initially and not by choice.  Instead, one of the robbers seems to have pulled him out - or at least was attempting to do so.

He said the man he had arranged to meet pulled a gun on him. He said a fight broke out and the robber tried to pull him out of the vehicle. He said he was eventually knocked down while trying to fight for his life.

As for this case, one thug down, another shot and hopefully going away for a long time and an intended victim who apparently suffered no serious injury and won't be facing any charges.  Sounds like a good outcome, to me.

I do have to say that if someone wanted to meet in a parking lot and sell me four Microsoft tablets for $250 a piece I'm not sure I would do it.  Even if the supposed sellers didn't pull some crap like this, I'd have to suspect that I was receiving stolen property.  Someone with one tablet to sell for that price (need the money for Christmas, etc.) might not see odd but someone with four of them to sell at that price would sound suspicious, to me.  Still, regardless of what he might have suspected or what he did or did not have reason to suspect, the would-be victim broke no laws, defended himself and removed two thugs from the societal equation.  Good for him.

I also have to commend the Chattanoogan for the way the article was written.  They refer to the man who was forced to defend his life as 'the victim', just as they should.  They also never, once refer to the dead thug or his partner as 'gunshot victims' or any, other type of 'victim'.  They refer to the dead thug as 'the dead robber', 'the other robber' and so on.  This is as it should be.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
Guest Lowbuster

Obviously another case of vigilante racism. Rednecks roaming the streets killing law abiding, innocent, black honor student boy scout altar boys. When will we stop these atrocities by outlawing automatic assault bullets? We all know he didn't deserve to die, why didn't they just call him a bad name instead of defending themselves?

Okay, sarcastic atempt at humor over for now.

Bwahaahaa

Yeah, because this has SOOOO much in common with that other case to which you are obviously referring.  That is if by "SOOOO much" you mean nothing at all beyond both of them involving a firearm and the deceased being 17 years old and black in both.

Also, just for the record, going by his statement from the article it looks like Mr. Archer didn't get out of his vehicle, at least not initially and not by choice.  Instead, one of the robbers seems to have pulled him out - or at least was attempting to do so.

Jeze-Oh-Pete...it's just a joke, intended to continue on the same line as Papab...lighten up a bit. I guess I should have included a bunch of :) faces so it would be more obvious.  :shrug:

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Lol I guess I AM racist.   I saw meeting in a parking lot and tablets and assumed drugs.

Ya aint a racist brother; your are a realist.... 98% of the time ya would be right... Nobody bats 980 in the big leagues...

Keep up the good work,

leroy

Edited by leroy