12v compressor & tire plugs
jumper cables
rope
Eno hammock*
towel
flashlight
3 cigarette lighters
short handled shovel

* Not carried on purpose, just never taken out & it seemed like a good idea to leave 'em!

Most of these things have been used to get me out of a self-inflicted 'scrape' at some point or other.

I'm the same way with my ENO.  I keep it in my car at all times it takes up very little space and I don't have a good place to use it at home.  I use it a lot in the woods, IMO it's better than the best ground mat sleeping bag combo.  Just curious, is the machete used to break your 5 gallons of ice into more manageable pieces for thawing :rofl:

HAHAHAHA, one of the kids uses a scissors in his dorm to slice pizza w his buds,at sometime i bought him a 4 dollar pizza cutter, friggin nimrods will go out and piss away money on beer and gas, ruin papers w an oily red wheel, and have to spend another hour re printing...god forbid they spend 4 bucks on a wheel.......someone blasted this to me from larry TCG, funny ..

By the way for all the guys w serious kits, all of you missed the most important things to have especially if there's going to be women around ( no joke):

Midol

Kotex pads (wound dressing water filters)

Tampons ( great for gunshot wounds and more)

Aspirin

Tylenol 500 mg

Toilet paper

filter masks ( cheapie 3M masks

nitrile gloves your size and hers

condoms ( without super lube and rivets etc)

de fib kit

satellite phone pay as u go

space blankets

550 cord in dark and bright colors

a wind up alarm clock

Dexter series on DVD to deter aggravation ( only kidding)

Edited by Dustbuster

Oh, the usual.

candy wrappers

receipts from everything I've ever bought

a few jackets I forgot to take inside

old soda cans/disposable cups

a jack

some tools

probably $500 in loose change rattling around everywhere

I'm sure there's some early 90's CD's and cassette tapes in the glove box

• Like 5

I'm the same way with my ENO.  I keep it in my car at all times it takes up very little space and I don't have a good place to use it at home.  I use it a lot in the woods, IMO it's better than the best ground mat sleeping bag combo.  Just curious, is the machete used to break your 5 gallons of ice into more manageable pieces for thawing :rofl:

That's an interesting point. It might be worth keeping some water in a container that you don't mind destroying to get the ice out or a metal one that can be heated.

[quote name="peejman" post="1091277" timestamp="1389144423"]I see lots of good suggestions here but one significant thing missing.... a fire extinguisher.[/quote] I agree, but reality is harsh. I have seen more than my share of car fires. I have never seen a reasonable size fire extinguisher (or 3) do anything to stop a car fire. It might, might buy you a pathway to an injured person,... And that is worth having it.
  • Like 1

According to Nancy Grace, I keep a rape kit in my truck. Duct tape, zip ties and a box knife.

ROFLMAO   BOMBSHELL BOMBSHELL BOMBSHELL BOMBSHELL  "Dexter Spiffy" makes a stand on TGO !!! bring in the talking heads and jenny hutt!!!!

side note fire extinguishers are great for spraying  someone that needs to be stopped and ID'd ( white or black the little rascals look always stands out) or whacking someone in the face in a fight with it... :yuck:

Edited by Dustbuster
Guest RebelCowboySnB

I agree, but reality is harsh. I have seen more than my share of car fires. I have never seen a reasonable size fire extinguisher (or 3) do anything to stop a car fire. It might, might buy you a pathway to an injured person,... And that is worth having it.

If you show up after the fact to a raging car fire they are pretty useless but it does not take much to put out a fire when it first starts. I have saved cars with a can of coke so a fire extinguisher at hand when a fire starts can be enough.

That's a lot of stuff to carry. I used to carry a lot of the same stuff when I was living way out in the county. Since moving, i do carry some stuff, just reduced the unnecessary items i probably won't need on aregular basis...

Yeah and since I posted I remembered I also have:
fire extinguisher
12V compressor
Bottle jack
12v Electric fillet knife
turkey decoy
Milwaukee M12 cordless grease gun
Coffee can full of nails and screws
2 or 3 rolls of flagging
a can of Seafoam

I have a tool box. None of my stuff is really for surviving. Most I just put in there to do something one time and it never made it out. But now it's there and I leave it in case I need it again.

I keep a bottle jack in mine because i found out the hard way the factory jack wasnt tall enough for my suburban when sitting on a flat concrete driveway

I read that as "a bottle of Jack" at first glance. Certainly that would be a good idea.

• Like 1