Which AR 308?

lshel

I have a FNAR 308 20" heavy fluted barrel but want to try a more compact AR in 308 w/16" or 18" barrel. Those AR's that are in my price range are DPMS 308T or B, Armalite AR -104A, RRA LR-8, and SW M&P 10. I am looking to invest $1350 or less. I like the SIG 716 but it is $1700+. Which manufacturer is best AR for the money for accuracy and quality? Thanks

Edited by lshel
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phizzle99GST

for the last year I was on the fence between the M&P10 MIL/LE(comes with higher cap mag) version or the RRA LAR-8 Standard operator. Roughly $500 difference and I was leaning toward the LAR-8 a tad more but could never find it in stock anywhere. (heard great things about the LAR-8 from buddy but don't know anyone with the M&P10, I shot a couple M&P15s and an M&P15-22 and love them all)

Then a week before black Friday '13 I had an email that the Mega MATEN upper/lower combo was in stock and I never looked back! A bit more expensive but every part is exactly what I want in a AR-308.

Edited by Phizzle99GST

I found a SW M&P 10 in stock on-line, but hate to spend money until I move the FNAR308. I may hold out until I find a RRA LAR-8. My local GS has the RRA 308 Varmint they just received, place order in Mar. 2013. They want $1700.

Okay ya'll, you convinced me to get a SW M&P 10 in 308. I checked and it takes SW, DPMS or MagPul mags. The mags for RRA 308 were very expensive. I ordered from Bud's Discount Guns with free shipping. Now I have to sale the FNAR 308 or I'll have two 308 semi-autos along with my Ruger Model 77 Mark II SS/Syn bolt action 308. Thanks for the input!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay ya'll, you convinced me to get a SW M&P 10 in 308. I checked and it takes SW, DPMS or MagPul mags. The mags for RRA 308 were very expensive. I ordered from Bud's Discount Guns with free shipping. Now I have to sale the FNAR 308 or I'll have two 308 semi-autos along with my Ruger Model 77 Mark II SS/Syn bolt action 308. Thanks for the input!!!!!!!!!!!

It hard to screw up buying S&W.