New Pup

Our Boxer, Lucky, is almost 8 years old. Boxers tend to live 10-12 years so, with this in mind, my wife and I decided it was time to add to the family. We felt it was the right time for a couple of reasons and Lucky being able to help with training the new pup while he is still young and active was the biggest. Plus, she's just so darn cute. 

Anyway, the newest Boxer addition to our family, Daisy Mae.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Edited by Good_Steward
  • Like 8

Good looking pup, pups are a blast, then they grow up to be useful.

Pet inequality, we now have 9 dogs and 7 cats, I think yall have some catching up to do.

If yall dont feel that way, then send money to help with our food bill. :rofl:

All joking aside, we would not change a thing about picking up a stray,

or taking in an animal dumped that comes up to the house.

Guest Lester Weevils
A real cutie.

How is Lucky responding to Daisy Mae? Is he jealous, or has her arrival re-awakened his inner puppy? Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest Lowbuster

Good looking pup, pups are a blast, then they grow up to be useful.
Pet inequality, we now have 9 dogs and 7 cats, I think yall have some catching up to do.
If yall dont feel that way, then send money to help with our food bill. :rofl:
All joking aside, we would not change a thing about picking up a stray,
or taking in an animal dumped that comes up to the house.

Me and my wife thought like this about strays once. We told people that we couldn't turn them away. Never again, we ended up with 18 cats and 13 dogs being dropped at our house. It was hard finding homes for them. I guess what I'm saying is if people know you won't turn them away they spread it around where to drop them.

[quote name="frankmako" post="1101246" timestamp="1390709620"]i am on my third boxer. first went to 11 years, second went 13 years, and the third is five years old. get then ears cut when the time is right. they do not look good with long ears. [/quote] I disagree. They look good both ways. apa2ymed.jpg Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boxers have a long history of ear, tail and dew claws cutting.  they are not a boxer without the ears cut.  they are just a dog with long ears.  i don't know when the "do not cut" started. on my current boxer it took some time to find a vet that knew how to do a good ear cutting. had one vet tell me he had to stop because he was getting calls from peoples giving him trouble for cutting ears.  it must has something to do with the "tree hugging" lets don't hurt anything bunch that has started this trend.  next thing it will be don't "cut the tails" and "dew claws" because it hurts the dog.  why do people have to mess with things. 

boxers have a long history of ear, tail and dew claws cutting. they are not a boxer without the ears cut. they are just a dog with long ears. i don't know when the "do not cut" started. on my current boxer it took some time to find a vet that knew how to do a good ear cutting. had one vet tell me he had to stop because he was getting calls from peoples giving him trouble for cutting ears. it must has something to do with the "tree hugging" lets don't hurt anything bunch that has started this trend. next thing it will be don't "cut the tails" and "dew claws" because it hurts the dog. why do people have to mess with things.

We dock tails, etc, but I find the statement of "why do people have to mess with things" ironic, because that is exactly what we are doing when we cut ears, dock tails, dew claws, etc. Hell, even breeding "purebred" animals is "messing with things"

Just my .02. I like the ears uncut, and that's how they'll stay. Edited by Good_Steward
Guest Lester Weevils

A little of both, but so far so good. He has been treated like an only child for so long that there was an expected acclimation period.

I have scant experience (only a few multi dog families) but in the scant experience seemed that two dogs work better than three, as far as them getting along, and that male-female pairs get along best and female-female pairs get along worst. But that may only be luck of the draw and meaningless findings.

If that has any validity, then if/when yer boy notices that daisy mae is a girl, maybe it will work real good. Maybe dogs know that even with puppies? Dunno.

Seems the girl dogs tend to be the head of household. :) Or want to be anyway. Our current girl dog is a real domineering bitch, but the boy dog mostly doesn't pay attention, and they get along real well, good pals, even with the girl wanting to be the bossy queen of the realm. The boy dog would fight a male acting that bossy. It was a problem before our other bossy boy hound passed on from old age. Edited by Lester Weevils