ATF sticks it to the felon acused of selling a pistol to a killer...

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2014/02/020314-grand-rapids-man-who-sold-gun-used-mass-murder-sentenced.html

Looks like he ten years to think about what he did...

"Michael James Allen, of Grand Rapids, Michigan, has been sentenced today to ten years (120 months) in prison – the statutory maximum – for his role in transferring a Glock 9mm semiautomatic pistol to multi-convicted felon Roderic Dantzler, who used it to kill seven people. Allen previously pled guilty to being a felon in possession of that pistol, as he was also a convicted felon and prohibited from possessing any firearm. During his plea hearing, Allen admitted to selling the Glock pistol to Dantzler. In sentencing Allen, Chief U.S. District Judge Paul Maloney commented that “the wreckage of Mr. Allen’s actions is unspeakable,” noting that Allen knew Dantzler was dangerous and unstable."

From what I got out of it is the guy that originally had the gun before selling it was also not suppose to have a firearm either so I guess it was one bad guy selling another bad guy a gun. My question to that would be where did he get the gun he sold?  Gonna go back and read it again.

How much time did the felon that sold the gun to the chick that killed McNair get?

BTW...So much for the idea that guns can’t be traced without paperwork. 3 convicted felons were arrested off that one gun. Edited by DaveTN
[quote name="DaveTN" post="1105704" timestamp="1391471133"]How much time did the felon that sold the gun to the chick that killed McNair get? BTW...So much for the idea that guns can’t be traced without paperwork. 3 convicted felons were arrested off that one gun.[/quote] Each threw the other under the bus. Not exactly tracing a firearm, more likely plea bargaining. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Guest Lowbuster
Don't they understand there are laws against felons possessing guns. I think our lawmakers are failing in getting the word out. I think if these people had read the laws, and knew they were not supposed to have them, things would be different.
Yes this is sarcasm.

Hmm, maybe the same ole argument, criminals don't care about all the fuss with the laws, but the law abiding armed Individuals all pay for that moment of stupidity.

I'm not sure I understand your post. I can't see any evidence that either of these guys were "law abiding", and the seller at least, was punished to the fullest extent of the law.

maybe I didn't articulate it very well, meaning that it has been said all along, that criminals don't care about laws, and the law abiding are affected by the actions of the criminals when politicians try to pass gun legislation if that make any sense.

How much time did the felon that sold the gun to the chick that killed McNair get?

BTW...So much for the idea that guns can’t be traced without paperwork. 3 convicted felons were arrested off that one gun.

2 1/2 years. That scumbag was convicted in Florida for armed robbery and 2nd degree murder and I think was released after 8 years, you will probably get that much time in a NY prison for possessing a gun with no previous crimminal record. The big question is why a murderer and armed robber was released after 8 years. The system can be a load of BS sometimes.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15536044/man-who-sold-gun-that-killed-mcnair-out-of-jail

Edited by K191145
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for the government to help me sell my firearms.

It won't be long before it is AGAINST the law to sell YOUR firearms with out going through an FFL.

That $10 background check will be cheaper than the felony you get hit with when you fail to obey the law.

I honestly think this is coming, Sooner than later.