Remembering Shannon (Marswolf) Elder

TGO David

Shall we observe a moment of silence for Mars on Tuesday, September 23rd?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we observe a moment of silence for Mars on Tuesday, September 23rd?

• Yes
    • No

Guest shortfri

I've been haveing posting problems, so this is late in coming. But it's a sad day for both the country and this board. He did introduce me to the mountain berry pie. And few people have ever impressed me as to the point he did on forum boards.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad news and came as quite a shock. As a lurker up until today, I always found his posts educational and entertaining. My thoughts are with the friends and family.

I've been travelling and without net access for over a week, just now returning home. Wow. Rest in peace sir.

At one of the earlier links to his photos page I see there were several pictures of dogs. Does anyone know if they were his pets and whether or not arrangements have been made for anyone to take them in?

Guest CulminatingJoe

Shannon and I were Moderators together over at www.hk94.com. Although we bumped heads often in the early days, we eventually came to a genuine respect for each other and I certainly felt like he was someone who was honest, forthright and deeply thoughtful.

He'd been helping me with a writing project I've been undertaking and up until a week before his death we had been emailing each other every day about it. I had no idea the man was - to use a clumsy police phrase, forgive me - 'on the five yard line'. I knew of some, but not all, of his family troubles and it's so very sad to learn of his passing.

We had a newbie asking about Glocks today and I got nostalgic/upset thinking about how fast Shannon would have sharked in to rant about Glocks and how fast the whole thread would go to ****. :) I do miss that.

Shannon, you were a good man who had the respect of a good many people. I cannot think of much else more I'd want people to say about me....

• Administrator
Shannon and I were Moderators together over at www.hk94.com. Although we bumped heads often in the early days, we eventually came to a genuine respect for each other and I certainly felt like he was someone who was honest, forthright and deeply thoughtful.

He'd been helping me with a writing project I've been undertaking and up until a week before his death we had been emailing each other every day about it. I had no idea the man was - to use a clumsy police phrase, forgive me - 'on the five yard line'. I knew of some, but not all, of his family troubles and it's so very sad to learn of his passing.

We had a newbie asking about Glocks today and I got nostalgic/upset thinking about how fast Shannon would have sharked in to rant about Glocks and how fast the whole thread would go to ****. :cool: I do miss that.

Shannon, you were a good man who had the respect of a good many people. I cannot think of much else more I'd want people to say about me....

Indeed he would have been right there to put forth his take on Glocks. :)

Welcome to the site, CJ. I hope that you'll visit with us periodically... if for nothing else than just to reminisce about Shannon. Undoubtedly you will always find a few of us here willing to do so.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Today, James shannon Elder was laid to rest on the hillside above the Kingsport range, on Mark@sea's property. In attendance were a good many folks, including MolonLabe and myself. I know many of you contacted me and let me know that there were many pressing commitments that kept you all from coming. Thats ok though..life goes on and I know Shannon would understand. If you should come to Kingsport to shoot, you're welcome to say a prayer for him...he's now the permanant rangemaster here.

Welcome home Shannon. You always had a place here..and always will.

Eventually, I will build a stone Cairne and have brass plaque made for it so that all who come will know that Shannon DID have family..perhaps not kin..but he did have family.

aww Dan, I know that Shannon would have understood. Things were moving so fast for me last week that I barely had time to post anything up about it.

You did a great thing though, by going down to the "nazi range" that's what Julie called it..with us. I appreciated the company and wanted to thank you for a great time!! I know you didn't get very much long gun range time...sorry for that..next time though, we'll go to owl hollow! :)

I'll twist Tungstens' arm and make him sponsor us out there :D

aww Dan, I know that Shannon would have understood. Things were moving so fast for me last week that I barely had time to post anything up about it.

You did a great thing though, by going down to the "nazi range" that's what Julie called it..with us. I appreciated the company and wanted to thank you for a great time!! I know you didn't get very much long gun range time...sorry for that..next time though, we'll go to owl hollow! :)

I'll twist Tungstens' arm and make him sponsor us out there :D

Im a member ^^
Guest Boomhower

Well crap. I've not been able to keep up with the board much here lately. I didn't realize you guys were doing all of this. I just sat at home most of the day, and would've enjoyed the ride to Kingsport.

I'm sure he is resting easy now.............. :usa:

Tower, that sounds really nice. Is there any way at some point you could take a picture of the view up there and post it for those of us who weren't able to make it? Thanks!

we wanted to take some pics but I didn't have my camera with me. Next time I'm home, I'll take pics and post them. both Eddie and I were going "man, we need a camera!"

So, his family continued to be complete a$$e$ about the whole situation? Last I heard, they didn't know what was going to happen without the family signing some papers.

I didn't realize you could bury a person just anywhere. I was under the impression it had to be in a cemetery. Sounds like a great place was chosen.