10/22 Package

Fourtyfive

[quote name="Threeeighty" post="1106683" timestamp="1391650386"]Why is the bolt release such a pain to use on these rifles , did I get a bad one ? You really have to fight it to get it to close. Have not shot it yet , ain't had it long enough.[/quote] I have said this a million times, terrible design. We just got my wife's new one in last week and it's a pain in the rear as well. I have one, but I'm not a real big fan of the overall design

Sweet package. Not really personally a fan of the camo, but that's just me. Love the threaded barrel setup. I have an older 10/22 with a stainless bull barrel that I really would like a can for. But I understand from conversations that I'd be better off just getting a new TB and not trying to adapt this one.

Maybe this summer.

The bolt release is a major pain but i have great news! this right here http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=10%2F22%20bolt%20release will remedy your ailment. Ruger should sell them with this as a standard part because I almost tossed mine in the garbage because of being so frustrated with it. Nice looking build btw!

OMG , thats why I love this forum. THANKS !

How hard is it to install ?

I know , Google is your friend .....

Edited by Threeeighty

Huntertown Arms Kestrel 5.56?

Yes sir.

How do you like the Kestrel?  I have their Guardian 9 and a Guardian 22 SS that should be here in a couple of months.  I am debating getting one of their Kestrel 308's and possible use it as well on 5.56.

How do you like the Kestrel? I have their Guardian 9 and a Guardian 22 SS that should be here in a couple of months. I am debating getting one of their Kestrel 308's and possible use it as well on 5.56.

Kinda wish I had gone .308 , now I need another. I think for the sound you can suppress do it by caliber ( there was a thread started here recently about that ) , maybe not : others will chime in on that I'm sure. The 5.56 is good for all my AR's but the .300 Black Out and my FAL. It is just as good for my .22's rifles and pistols and .17's pistols and rifles , not to mention easy as hell to clean. A bad strike leaves the serial numbered part intact ( part of the rear blast chamber that threads to the host , least likely to be damaged ) ; you can get free replacement parts unless your story to Huntertown is unbelievable ( Like I swear I shaved down the .30 projectile to clear the 5.56 can, WELL IT WONT ! and you would need a thread adapter anyways BARREL LENGTHS AND SUBSONIC OVERWEIGHT TUMBLER'S HAVE ALOT TO DO WITH IT AS WELL ; especially if Subsonic. Buy it for it's purpose , go down in caliber , never try to make bigger bores work with mods and never use rifle loads like 5.56 to work in a mini pistol .22 Silencer. Edited by Threeeighty

Great looking set up!

Do you have any data about point of impact shift with disassembling/reassembling the rifle, and/or with/without the suppressor.

I am considering a similar set up and don't have any experience with the take down 10/22's.

I am very familiar with suppressors. It is between an SWR Specwar 7.62 or Kestrel 308. If the SWR came apart, it wouldn't be a question, but I will probably shoot some lead through either one. Not a lot, but some. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by Hozzie
I agree, but the Specwar has excellent numbers. I have the guardian 9 I can use with 300 blk, so I don't have to have a take apart, but it would be nice. Maybe I can ask silencer shop to do a comparison. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guns and Leather had the Specwar 762 in stock so I went ahead and ordered it.  I will just powdercoat my lead bullets if I want to shoot some through it.  This one will be e-Filed so I will be interested to see how long it takes.  

Why is the bolt release such a pain to use on these rifles , did I get a bad one ? You really have to fight it to get it to close. Have not shot it yet , ain't had it long enough.

Auto bolt release is obvious improvement, but most folks don't operate the factory one correctly, so they think it's broken.

You don't operate it same way to lock back and release.

to lock: pull back bolt, hold down lever, release bolt

to release: pull back bolt, press and release lever, release bolt

It's works perfectly as designed.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Auto bolt release is obvious improvement, but most folks don't operate the factory one correctly, so they think it's broken.

You don't operate it same way to lock back and release.

to lock: pull back bolt, hold down lever, release bolt
to release: pull back bolt, press and release lever, release bolt

It's works perfectly as designed.

- OS

You are %100 spot on , works flawlessly ! You are hereby awarded 1 TGO GENIUS POINT !

I guess I need to read gun manuals after all.

THANKS ! Edited by Threeeighty