Joined the two wheeled crowd

Spots

Traded off my M14 for something a little different. I needed a cheap on gas commuter and found this on a facebook gun trader site. Its a 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 750. I replaced the battery and redid the turnsignals where the rubber stalks had rotted off and I'm off and riding. I had about $1300 in the rifle, and I kept my vortex scope. I've rode the bike around here some, and I'm going tomorrow to get tags and my M endorsment. I've been on dirt bikes my whole life, and rode a few street bikes, but this is my first street bike that I own completely, and will be riding the wheels off this thing. I'm gonna change a few things to suit my taste, but here it is. IMG_40769399450074_zpsa015258b.jpg Tapatalk ate my spelling

• Like 4

Traded off my M14 for something a little different. I needed a cheap on gas commuter and found this on a facebook gun trader site. Its a 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 750. I replaced the battery and redid the turnsignals where the rubber stalks had rotted off and I'm off and riding. I had about $1300 in the rifle, and I kept my vortex scope. I've rode the bike around here some, and I'm going tomorrow to get tags and my M endorsment. I've been on dirt bikes my whole life, and rode a few street bikes, but this is my first street bike that I own completely, and will be riding the wheels off this thing. I'm gonna change a few things to suit my taste, but here it is. IMG_40769399450074_zpsa015258b.jpg Tapatalk ate my spelling

Spots  were you going to carry the hammer? 

Spots  were you going to carry the hammer? 

Bikers dangle those from the end of the handlebar.  It's amazing how quickly a rap on a door window will get a car driver's attention (for not looking when switching lanes)

If you are really good, you can scrape the paint off of doors with your crashbars. Want to know how I know this?

[quote name="smokin45" post="1115861" timestamp="1393256201"]Spots were you going to carry the hammer? [/quote] I'm gonna strap that 24 lb attitude adjuster to the back seat.

Bikers dangle those from the end of the handlebar. It's amazing how quickly a rap on a door window will get a car driver's attention (for not looking when switching lanes) If you are really good, you can scrape the paint off of doors with your crashbars. Want to know how I know this?
Yeah I've seen the get back whips and had friends who have kicked doors to get someones attention.

Cool, welcome to the club! Just remember that you're invisible and everyone is trying to kill you and you'll be fine.
Yeah, I made my license today and some woman pulled out in front of me in the parking lot.

My old man has a 883 custom that he never lets me touch. Been looking at a boulevard for a while now.
I've wanted a bike for years, and I'm ecstatic to finally get one. Tapatalk ate my spelling
[quote name="RC3" post="1116116" timestamp="1393284966"]I want one, only issue is that my dad and all his buddies have harleys. I am the odd ball that likes a suzuki. [url="http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/Boulevard%20C50/2014/C50B.aspx"]http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/Boulevard%20C50/2014/C50B.aspx[/url] May just pick this up in the spring.[/quote] I want a Harley Super Glide, I love the Dyna frame bikes. But what I love and what I can afford are two different things, so I'm customize this one and enjoy riding on a bike thats comfy, easy to handle and reliable. Thanks for the warm words everyone Tapatalk ate my spelling

I want a Harley Super Glide, I love the Dyna frame bikes. But what I love and what I can afford are two different things, so I'm customize this one and enjoy riding on a bike thats comfy, easy to handle and reliable. Thanks for the warm words everyone Tapatalk ate my spelling

I have a couple of customers that have the super glides. Hell, one of them tried to get me to ride his. I always like the sporters looks and I find the fatboy to be a bit too big for me. And this C50 is a heck of a lot cheaper than a new or most used harleys.

[quote name="RC3" post="1116131" timestamp="1393285779"]I have a couple of customers that have the super glides. Hell, one of them tried to get me to ride his. I always like the sporters looks and I find the fatboy to be a bit too big for me. And this C50 is a heck of a lot cheaper than a new or most used harleys.[/quote] The sporters just don't do it for me for some reason. I like the long and low look. That new 2014 Super Glide Custom would be perfect if I had $14k laying around. But then again, I'm 6'1" and 250 lbs. I look odd on small bikes, and I look like a primate copulating with a brown ball on most sport bikes. Tapatalk ate my spelling

Spots,

My last tour in the Navy I was stationed at HMT-303, yes a Sailor at the 3rd MAW as a mech. The Navy had a small det there since they de-commed their UH1 training command. Well I would ride with several Marines. One of them was a cool SSgt. He was around '6"4 and rode a wide glide. He looked like a giraffe riding a kids bicycle. He extended the foot controls out as far as he could and it worked out well for him with some huge ape hangers (to me). To him they were well below his shoulders. LOL

Spots,

My last tour in the Navy I was stationed at HMT-303, yes a Sailor at the 3rd MAW as a mech. The Navy had a small det there since they de-commed their UH1 training command. Well I would ride with several Marines. One of them was a cool SSgt. He was around '6"4 and rode a wide glide. He looked like a giraffe riding a kids bicycle. He extended the foot controls out as far as he could and it worked out well for him with some huge ape hangers (to me). To him they were well below his shoulders. LOL

We had a guy like that at MALS-16 when I was there. He was a Sgt. and was riding a custom FXR with massive apes and extended controls. He looked like he was riding a normal bike when he put his feet on the highway pegs and was hanging on those huge apes (12" or more). The rest of us could barely reach his controls lol. He was at 6'4" or taller and that man could ride a motorcycle like he was born to it

There were a few daily riders there at 303. I am struggling trying to remember all their names at the moment. But one Sgt. had a Triumph and several Vaspas. I had my FX Springer and an 883 Sporty. We would regularly trade bikes for the day. I loved his Turnip and when I got a Vespa I would just chuckle all the way home. Had a Marine Warrant buddy that lived in Fallbrook. He had a Panhead, two Shovels, an Evo and Twinkie Electra Glides. We rode a lot together. I would show up on a Vespa to hang and ride with them. :)

There were a few daily riders there at 303. I am struggling trying to remember all their names at the moment. But one Sgt. had a Triumph and several Vaspas. I had my FX Springer and an 883 Sporty. We would regularly trade bikes for the day. I loved his Turnip and when I got a Vespa I would just chuckle all the way home. Had a Marine Warrant buddy that lived in Fallbrook. He had a Panhead, two Shovels, an Evo and Twinkie Electra Glides. We rode a lot together. I would show up on a Vespa to hang and ride with them. :)

Its so crazy to hear that towns name. I lived in Fallbrook after my last deployment from Oct. 2011-Jan. 2012. I live over on De Luz Road and would go down to the 76 (I think that was it) and run that curvy rd all the way to Fallbrook, cruise through town to De Luz, then run it all the way to Temecula in my WRX. Small world.

riding get into your blood. hard to get it out. i started many mango season ago on a sears mini bike.

My first bike was an xr 100 when I was 8, its one of the most enjoyable things on earth for me.

Tapatalk ate my spelling