Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

Well, that's true Mike, but a plane going from the thirty thousand foot altitude range to treetop level takes time and wakes up

anyone paying attention to radar, if available, and think of what the passengers, if still alive, would be thinking. That would be

something any passenger would get alarmed about. It just doesn't seem plausible.

RAdio Direction And Range. It don't know nothin' about no altitude.

The system is built into the airplane and the engine management software.  It's a normal thing for any modern jet engine, particularly the really big expensive ones on a jumbo jet.  The engine management computer sends data on it's operating parameters back to the manufacturer/operator via satellite transmissions so they can anticipate any problems and schedule maintenance so the airplane doesn't suffer a failure and get stranded somewhere it can't be readily fixed. 

The OnStar app where your car talks to your phone does the same thing. 

According to what I just read, the engine data from that jet was transmitted to local ground stations, and then relayed to Rolls Royce via terrestrial signal. No sats

Guest TankerHC

The system is built into the airplane and the engine management software.  It's a normal thing for any modern jet engine, particularly the really big expensive ones on a jumbo jet.  The engine management computer sends data on it's operating parameters back to the manufacturer/operator via satellite transmissions so they can anticipate any problems and schedule maintenance so the airplane doesn't suffer a failure and get stranded somewhere it can't be readily fixed. 

The OnStar app where your car talks to your phone does the same thing. 

Except according to what I just watched they can only read the data from the stream. NSA can track that stream after the stream stops. If that is the case it shouldn't take long to locate that aircraft. Someone knows where it is. I'm sure now there is plenty going on behind the scenes we don't know about.

RAdio Direction And Range. It don't know nothin' about no altitude.

Very true. Some transponders (I think those on commercial jets definitely would) encode the altitude so transponder off, ground loses altitude data.

Very true. Some transponders (I think those on commercial jets definitely would) encode the altitude so transponder off, ground loses altitude data.

Any time a transponder goes off line, there should be red lights and sirens in any control tower that is watching the plane. I'm betting that isn't the case.

Guest TankerHC

Just learned something. They piggyback on DATA streams and identity unique identifiers. Even if the data stream stops they can still track the individual target, including humans. If you are being tracked its impossible to stop it.The only way is if the tracker stops tracking. Common technical knowledge and easy to do with the right software.

Same thing on modern day locomotives. I got a radio call while going down the tracks, from the dispatcher, that one of my locomotives

had a problem. GE installed real time satellite transmission for diagnosis on their CW40 and later engines. Pretty cool technology.

It's easy to keep a train (or car) inside a satellite footprint. An over water jet can fly out of one. I'm going on what I read in this case, so it could be total BS. The media does stuff like that :)

[quote name="TankerHC" post="1124093" timestamp="1394726276"]Except according to what I just watched they can only read the data from the stream. NSA can track that stream after the stream stops. If that is the case it shouldn't take long to locate that aircraft. Someone knows where it is. I'm sure now there is plenty going on behind the scenes we don't know about.[/quote] You ain't tracking jack squat over the horizon without using satellites. If they ain't using satellites and they ain't near a ground station for that signal to receive, no one is tracking nothing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest TankerHC

It's not impossible to stop anything. It may be difficult, but once the tracking device is destroyed, no one can track it. It's extrapolation

at that point, and that can be very subjective. Yeh, the data has to keep coming.

That would be wrong unless you move into a cave. These identifiers the tech guys are talking about have nothing to do with UP addresses, Mac addresses, cell phones or anything else. Everyone stays in contact with someone, unless you do away with everything once they have those unique identifiers the only way they cannot track you is if you vanish, contact no one and use nothing.

Pentagon officials have told ABC News that they believe missing flight MH370 ditched in the Indian Ocean.

Officials in the U.S. are so confident that they are repositioning USS Kidd to the area to start a search following reports that the plane may have continued for another four or five hours after disappearing from radar.

The official said: "We have an indication the plane went down in the Indian Ocean."

Hmmmm Edited by mcordell

Any time a transponder goes off line, there should be red lights and sirens in any control tower that is watching the plane. I'm betting that isn't the case.

It likely happens all the time since radar requires line-of-sight and there can be all sorts of reflections and obstructions and interference.

And just in case anyone didn't know, I'll just point out that a transponder ident is just a four digit code set by the pilot. There is a "default" number (1200 I think) or you can be assigned a number by air traffic control or there are a couple for emergency situations.

CessnaARC-RT-359ATransponder04.jpg

Edited by tnguy
Let me again say, there are over the horizon devices that are used by backpackers which not only transmit coordinates with a date time group stamp, but also have emergency mode capability, which would indicate some emergency as soon as a button is pressed. These operate on a frequency which does not interfere with the aircraft and costs less than a single smartphone with data plan. But hey, I'm no airline risk mitigator. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest TankerHC

What kind of unique identifiers? If you vanish, you vanish. Some say the phones are still ringing. I'll bet that can be explained away,
easily.

From what I understand, they have about thirty days to find what the two data recorders are transmitting, so I will bet on that, for now.
The rest of this is just too far to take much faith in. And that is dependent on whether or not they survived whatever happened.

The phones were never ringing. That was already explained.

Those unique identifiers are not spelled out. Only that compared to businesses using persistent cookies are on an amateur level when compared to what they do. Has nothing to do with anything that we see done today by public entities. They do not need a steady data stream and once they get the unique identifiers it's only a matter of time before someone finds themselves face to face with a navy SEAL. You can throw your phones away every 20 seconds, drive without tech or move into a cave and they will still find you. Over the horizon, blocking cookies, temporary ip's, data streams that have stopped does not matter.

Which unless this aircraft has crashed, and I don't know because i can't see the news, makes me think, from what I have been reading, that someone way above our pay grade knows where that plane is.

Why are reports coming out of the US and CHINA and Malaysia denying any of it is true?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Has anyone here ever read the book by W.E.B. Griffin "By Order Of The President." It is a fictional story about an African airliner stolen by terrorists for use later. Good read. Check it out. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

at this time we all know what is going on. it was stolen by terrorists for use later.  look at the facts, it is adding up.  but they don't want us to know the truth.  nothing to see here, move along low information voter.

Guest TankerHC

I don't know, but why did it take how many years to find bin Laden?

You may be right about the someone above our pay grades. We don't get told very much that has anything to do with the truth,
except on the occasion it usually doesn't matter.

He used no tech. Data was transferred to him through thumb drives. He didn't leave his compound except to occasionally walk outside and play with kids. His couriers used their phones for seconds and threw them away. He consistently changed corriers. He had nothing but face to face contact with anyone.

He still ended up with a bullet in the forehead.

Doesn't matter what you do, once your found, your not getting away. People like us who are not even hiding would never get away. Once your identified, your identified. When Bush said "You can run, but you can't hide" He wasn't joking.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

The plane itself is worth enough to a terrorist to snuff everyone on board. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

Wasn't even meaning "terrorist" as much as just profit motive. Pretty hard to sell a stolen airliner, but perhaps artwork, precious metals, gems, plutonium, who knows?

Of course, to a desperate enough person, just the passengers' cash/travelers checks, and possessions constitute quite a fortune, too. More than what D.B. Cooper got, probably. :)

- OS

Agreed,I'm on the horse side as well, typically past behavior is relative to future behavior and performance. Someone definitely conspired to do something based on what were being fed about the transponders. I wouldn't put faith in anything super elaborate but err on a simple reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.