HCP reminder from Knox Sheriff

Does anyone know where Waggoner stands on any issues other than "cronyism"? I can't find anything of substance on his website. I specifically want to know where he stands on 2nd Amendment issues. When it comes to issues that will get my vote, cronyism isn't even a blip on my radar. I want a Sheriff that isn't going to be agitating to ban guns in county parks, and isn't going to be going around asking businesses to put up gun buster signs. I want a Sheriff's department that defends my civil rights, including my right to keep and bear arms.

So far I've been pleased with the Knox county Sheriff's department so I'm very hesitant to vote for some other guy when I don't know where he stands on these issues.

Also, I didn't get one of these letters (so far), but I also didn't take the class through the Sheriff's department.

• Like 1

Yeah. Given that you get a renewal notice, seems like there's an ulterior motive behind this. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

It's not.  If I was the standing Sheriff I would probably do the same thing.  Advertise why I'm a freedom loving gun toter to other freedom loving gun toters.  I bet most of the folks who got that letter are going to be voting to keep him in office.

• Like 1

Does anyone know where Waggoner stands on any issues other than "cronyism"? I can't find anything of substance on his website. I specifically want to know where he stands on 2nd Amendment issues. When it comes to issues that will get my vote, cronyism isn't even a blip on my radar. I want a Sheriff that isn't going to be agitating to ban guns in county parks, and isn't going to be going around asking businesses to put up gun buster signs. I want a Sheriff's department that defends my civil rights, including my right to keep and bear arms.

So far I've been pleased with the Knox county Sheriff's department so I'm very hesitant to vote for some other guy when I don't know where he stands on these issues.

Also, I didn't get one of these letters (so far), but I also didn't take the class through the Sheriff's department.

He's very pro-2A from what I know about him.

1. it doesn't list address

2. folks since April 2013 won't be on there.

- OS

Addresses wouldn't be hard to find and there's still plenty of names on there. I thought since it was already online from a liberal news rag, some politician should use it against dems(Steve Cohen etc.), and send letters to every permit holder to get out and vote against politicians who believe you are not smart and responsible enough to carry a handgun. I know I would enjoy a good laugh if the CA's database caused one of their favorite politicians to loose an election.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the Knox County Sheriff's Dept. Had a camper stolen, had the guy on video taking it, he knew where cameras were and the way to avoid most (so he had connections to the storage lot) and vwe had to practically beg them to come get the video, which they likely just threw away. When I asked why they weren't interested, their response was basically "you have a police report to give your insurance company, so what's the big deal". I understand they have lots of things to do, but at least you should ACT like you care. If I ever decide to take up a life of crime, it'd be in Knox county.
  • Like 1

I live in Anderson but work a lot in knox, bad thing about term limits is that the good gets thrown out as well as the bad, Some positions take time to acquire the skills to do a great job ,term limits might do better to put in a 1 cycle break then let them run again & stand on the performance of past terms, let folks see who has done the better job 

Yep, my first thought was how is this kosher with the current sheriff using the HCP database, and especially for campaign purposes, what with the primary less than 60 days away. And I too wonder about the legality of this what with the fairly new law about that.

Incidentally, I didn't get one, but just got a flyer from his competitor today, Bobby Waggoner, who claims massive cronyism and overspending with regards to Jones' executive staff

County primary is is May 6th.

- OS

The smart ones purchased the database just prior to it becoming illegal to do so.  It follows presidence from our Lt. Gov. (though fat lot of good it did him) in his run for Governor.  I had tried hard to get that closed and his entourage wanted to hold off till after the election...