Illinois school workbook changes the 2nd Amendment.

Guest PapaB

Guest PapaB

According to a Springfield, IL middle school workbook, the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean what we thought.

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/03/22/illinois-middle-school-workbook-second-amendment-is-for-certain-weapons-that-are-registered/

Amendment 2 (1791): Right to Bear Arms

"This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and have not been in prison. The founding fathers included the amendment to prevent the United States from acting like the British who had tried to take weapons away from the colonists.”

Here's a different link with video of Judge Napolitano's opinion.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/25/people-have-right-certain-weapons-illinois-school-workbook-rewrites-2nd-amendment

"The school's superintendent, Bob Hill, defended the wording, arguing that it reflects the reality of the Second Amendment "in the context of 2014.""

With clowns like this in charge, it's a wonder today's kids can learn anything. In the not too distant future the graduation requirements might include the ability to only say yes and learn which gov't agencies provide which of your needs. The education system is starting to remind me of too many b-grade sci-fi movies.

Home school Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I hear this a lot, but in reality it just isn't that easy to do for a lot of people.  Yes, you can argue it is a choice.  I won't disagree, but that is not the issue.

The issue that needs to be fixed is the school systems interpreting things how they see fit.  Taking every kid out won't fix the root cause.  It just moves it to another area.  Parents need to demand that the constitution be taught as written.  Parents do have the power to change things, unfortunately most don't want to be bothered to do so.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

Well considering it is taking place in Illinois I would not be the least bit surprised. yes the people do have the power to change what goes on in their school systems and other areas of Government but whether they are willing to do what is right and use their power to do so in that state is questionable at best. The entire state is a train wreck..............jmho 

I think the root cause is that parents are disconnected today from their children.  I am guilty of it myself sometimes, and when I realize it I have to put myself in check.  Society has shifted from days past, in some ways both good and bad....more bad it would seem in some cases today...

• Like 1
[quote name="Hozzie" post="1129690" timestamp="1395765184"]I hear this a lot, but in reality it just isn't that easy to do for a lot of people. Yes, you can argue it is a choice. I won't disagree, but that is not the issue. The issue that needs to be fixed is the school systems interpreting things how they see fit. Taking every kid out won't fix the root cause. It just moves it to another area. Parents need to demand that the constitution be taught as written. Parents do have the power to change things, unfortunately most don't want to be bothered to do so.[/quote] Never going to happen - the government and unions have such overpowering influence . Best thing people can do is demand vouchers and vote with their feet. Starve the beast
  • Like 1

I think the root cause is that parents are disconnected today from their children.  I am guilty of it myself sometimes, and when I realize it I have to put myself in check.  Society has shifted from days past, in some ways both good and bad....more bad it would seem in some cases today...

It's a shame to have to tell your kids that their teacher or book is "WRONG" but it seems necessary these days. It might come down to someone reading textbooks, printing out a textbook error correction pamplet for parents to give to their kids. Of course it's the parents decision to tell their children the truth.

• Like 2

It's a shame to have to tell your kids that their teacher or book is "WRONG" but it seems necessary these days. It might come down to someone reading textbooks, printing out a textbook error correction pamplet for parents to give to their kids. Of course it's the parents decision to tell their children the truth.

Well unfortunately the above "modern-translation" of the 2nd Amend in the OP is the truth.

Think real hard about that, because they fully intend to keep "translating" every single aspect of the Constitution until it fits their ideology, resistance is futile ..... seriously adapt, overcome, comply or die is what our nation's future holds.

I'm to old to overcome & I'm to stubbern to comply, dying isn't an option since I have kids so I choose to adapt.

Essentually I'll Heil Whomever but I won't really mean it ... :)

From time to time i talk about the idea of various states as "devolving into loose confederations"; one that believes in the plain reading of the constitution and the bill of rights; and the other a deep blue oligarchy run by machine politicos that make serfs of their citizens.... I think this issue is one of the symptoms of this devolution... If the citizens of the state of Illinois don't get rid of this trash (...i predict they wont...), they will continue to be serfs...

Remember the words of a great unknown Indian (...a real "Indian" Indian...) pundit and wise man that opined: "...At the end of the day, there are only two kinds of people.... Those who want to be free and those who want to be told what to do..."... He is exactly right... He evidently saw the "white man's burden" first hand and had enough sense to recognize what is it--- makin people bow down and serve as serfs; being told what to do....

watchin leroy

Edited by leroy
Guest PapaB

I don't know how it is in Springfield Illinois but not all areas have elected school boards so getting rid of someone like this may be difficult.

Amendment 2 (1791): Right to Bear Arms
"This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and have not been in prison. The founding fathers included the amendment to prevent the United States from acting like the British who had tried to take weapons away from the colonists.”

This doesnt really make sense, unless they want kids to believe that registering guns prevents them from being taken away. And that is probably want they are trying to do so the kids will go home and tell their dads that registering guns is good because that will keep the government from taking them. Indoctrinate them young.