I smell a Rat

Guest semiautots

It's the game boys, disagree and you're racist, homophobe, right wing, narrow-minded, religiously fanatical, red neck, or simply insert the adjective of your choice.

With pride, sir.

It's the game boys, disagree and you're racist, homophobe, right wing, narrow-minded, religiously fanatical, red neck, or simply insert the adjective of your choice.

Mouthbreather. You forgot mouthbreather.  :rofl:

I just sick of it all. Picture if you will, a group of Gay scout leaders and a group a Gay scouts going of into the wilderness for a weekend of camping. You have just entered the TWILIGHT ZONE! Would you want to go? Would you want your son to go? It's insanity I can't believe my country has become such a Sodom and Gomorra.

Being gay doesn't immediately equate to rape and molestation.

It is not my way of life, but I prefer not to stick my nose into another's way of life if it doesn't affect my day to day life.

Like was mentioned earlier, I love the hypocrisy that is rampant whenever liberals trying to change things comes up.

Guys, we have to face the fact that we can't change the world view of everyone in our world, but what we do need to do is learn to coexist, or the rights that we enjoy will be lost to our children. Going forward with hate and trepidation is not what will keep us free. 

• Like 2
Guest TresOsos

so much different than the right

Oh yeah, like everyday I hear right wing militant groups demanding the resignation of CEO that support Queer marriage.

Yep the Lame Stream Media is in full support too.

The right is much more tolerant of left wing speech, hate and otherwise.

And that is part of their problem they need to learn from the left, be more vocal and militant and less tolerant.

Guest semiautots

If you want to accept homosexuals or homosexuality into your life, that's fine for you.  I would prefer for it to not be around me.  I would prefer not to be told I have to accept it.  The same goes for thieves, adulterers, and liars.  I would prefer not to associate with any of it. 

Being gay doesn't immediately equate to rape and molestation.

It is not my way of life, but I prefer not to stick my nose into another's way of life if it doesn't affect my day to day life.

Like was mentioned earlier, I love the hypocrisy that is rampant whenever liberals trying to change things comes up.

Guys, we have to face the fact that we can't change the world view of everyone in our world, but what we do need to do is learn to coexist, or the rights that we enjoy will be lost to our children. Going forward with hate and trepidation is not what will keep us free. 

Talk about hypocrisy...  They want to not have their own beliefs changed while forcing others to change their beliefs. 

No one here is saying a person can't bugger a person of the same sex.

At the end of the day,  Disney can do what it wants and I don't care anymore than I care who is buggering who.  That is their decision to make. 

Edited by sigmtnman
  • Like 1

Talk about hypocrisy...  They want to not have their own beliefs changed while forcing others to change their beliefs. 

No one here is saying a person can't bugger a person of the same sex.

At the end of the day,  Disney can do what it wants and I don't care anymore than I care who is buggering who.  That is their decision to make. 

While it is normal for a person told something they don't want to hear to take offense, I think we are going straight hardline 'NO!' whenever something that makes us queasy comes along.

I agree that I don't like being told that I must accept something, but I don't think it is as much 'accept it or leave' as it is 'accept it because it is real and always has been.' I don't think it is any more prevalent than it has been in past generations, it is just that it is more acceptable now. If acceptable is the proper word.

I am a registered Rebublican. However, while I am a fiscal conservative, I am socially liberal. If people want to run through the streets loving one another, that is awesome. I am pretty sure that folks preaching love and acceptance aren't going to stick me up at the ATM or steal my car I worked rather hard to purchase. The folks living on the government dole who have no marketable skill and are indoctrinated in hate from birth, those are the ones that scare me. And they exist on both sides, of all colors.

I like my freedom. It means a lot to me. Freedom of speech, the freedom to own guns, the freedom to watch what I want, read what I want, love who I want. Now, how could I claim to love freedom, if I were to go around telling ANYONE else that they can't say what they want, read what they want, love who they want? 

It is like I have said before, just because someone doesn't believe exactly how you do, doesn't mean they don't love America. That is what is great about America, there are so many different aspects and beliefs here. Guns and God are a part of it, as is freedom. All kinds of freedom. 

The scary part is the extremists on both sides, the lack of compromise is what will tear us asunder. We want them to love gods and guns, and they want us to love gays and handouts. What both sides need to understand is, no matter how much we/they hate it, it will still exist. 

While it is normal for a person told something they don't want to hear to take offense, I think we are going straight hardline 'NO!' whenever something that makes us queasy comes along.

I agree that I don't like being told that I must accept something, but I don't think it is as much 'accept it or leave' as it is 'accept it because it is real and always has been.' I don't think it is any more prevalent than it has been in past generations, it is just that it is more acceptable now. If acceptable is the proper word.

I am a registered Rebublican. However, while I am a fiscal conservative, I am socially liberal. If people want to run through the streets loving one another, that is awesome. I am pretty sure that folks preaching love and acceptance aren't going to stick me up at the ATM or steal my car I worked rather hard to purchase. The folks living on the government dole who have no marketable skill and are indoctrinated in hate from birth, those are the ones that scare me. And they exist on both sides, of all colors.

I like my freedom. It means a lot to me. Freedom of speech, the freedom to own guns, the freedom to watch what I want, read what I want, love who I want. Now, how could I claim to love freedom, if I were to go around telling ANYONE else that they can't say what they want, read what they want, love who they want? 

It is like I have said before, just because someone doesn't believe exactly how you do, doesn't mean they don't love America. That is what is great about America, there are so many different aspects and beliefs here. Guns and God are a part of it, as is freedom. All kinds of freedom. 

The scary part is the extremists on both sides, the lack of compromise is what will tear us asunder. We want them to love gods and guns, and they want us to love gays and handouts. What both sides need to understand is, no matter how much we/they hate it, it will still exist. 

Just because something exists doesn't mean I have to accept it if it is contrary to what I believe to be morally acceptable. To suggest otherwise smacks of totalitarianism, which is most decidedly anti-American.

Edited by daddyo

If they are going to use coercion to get people not to speak their mind, then that is back door oppression (no pun intended) and smacks of trying to control the freedom of speech.  They want their cake and to eat it too.

It's also interesting that Disney must have gone on record. Surprising that the chief of Mozilla made his donation as an individual

and didn't drag his company into it, isn't it? They will stop at nothing as long as there is something stirring them up. I think it is called

Karl Marx.

Does it surprise you that Disney has this policy?  I mean look at the stuff they produce.

Guest TresOsos

If they are going to use coercion to get people not to speak their mind, then that is back door oppression (no pun intended) and smacks of trying to control the freedom of speech.  They want their cake and to eat it too.

And they will take you to State &Federal Court if you don't bake them one.

Guest semiautots

You think you have the freedom of speech?

Stand on the corner with a "Homosexuals should not be able to marry" sign and see what happens to you.

The gay lobby is exactly like the gun control lobby - they want to limit or remove freedom for those who don't believe the way they do. That's totalitarianism, folks. Not sure how anyone can give either one his seal of approval and still say he believes in freedom for all. That's hypocrisy, plain and simple.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

Well, He did say he wasn't going to drown all of us ever again.

Yes he did say he would not destroy the earth with water ever again. I believe he said next time it would be with fire but not sure......... :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Like 1

I will have to admit this has been an enlightening discussion and a lot of peoples views have been expressed. Let me tell this to everyone because I realize that many have said many different things about homosexuals and or gays and I respect each ones feelings.

About 5 years ago I had a grandson come to me with a problem that he didn't feel he could talk to his mother and father about. He was having difficulty with his sexuality feelings. He had dated while in High School some but never quite felt comfortable around girls. So when old enough he secretly be began going to a gay bar and said he felt more comfortable there than in a regular bar. He ended up dating a few males and was even more confused because after that he was more uncomfortable. So he came to me for help. I was caught totally off guard. That is just not something you ever expect to be faced with discussing especially when he knew how strong willed I am about those type issues. He began to weep as he knew it was something he was not proud of yet so confused about. I finally asked him to stop weeping and handed him a box of tissues. I said son, your 22 years old and still have a long life ahead of you. Maybe your pushing yourself to hard in to many different directions all at once. If your not comfortable with either sex right now then put that on hold and begin to set other goals for yourself in life. I asked him if he liked his job and he said no. I asked him if there was a job he did like in his past and he said yes. I asked him what it was and he said busing tables and being a waiter. I told him to find a job doing one of those and put every bit of effort into that and see what happens. I also handed him his Grandmothers bible and I told him to read a little bit when he found time. He found a job as a waiter at an Ol'Charlie's about two weeks later. He also began reading his grandmothers bible when time permitted. Today he is a totally different young man today. Knows exactly where his life is going. He has been asst Manager of that Ol'Charlies now for almost a  year after his manager put him through their management program. He brought his Fiance' over to visit about two months ago and will marry her in June. He asked me to be best man at the wedding. Now with that said. Was I upset after he left? Yes and No. Did I still love him knowing what he had just told me? Yes because he is my grandson. Did I lay awake that night wondering if he would make it to where he wanted and needed to be? Of course I did but I knew I had done all I could do and I put it in GODS hands and said a special prayer before I went to sleep that night. Now did I ask myself could I still love him if he came to me and just told me that he was gay? In all honesty I gave that a lot of thought because in the back of my mind I knew that someday he may come and tell me he is because of how he felt about his life. I made up my mind after a lot of thought and Yes I would still love him and yes I would respect his decision. Would I have liked it. Probably not but he would have never known it. Now with that said. I don't know if anyone here has ever been faced with a similar situation and it is none of my business but I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings about the issue.

As far as Disney and what they choose to do. They are a business just like any other and if I don't agree with their views I don't have to spend my money purchasing anything they are selling or spending money at one of their parks. It is just like businesses post GUN FREE. I don't give them my money either...................jmho. 

• Like 4

About 5 years ago I had a grandson come to me with a problem

wonderful story.  Grace wins.

I have a friend, who is a church pastor in another state, in a very strict denomination.  His son came to him.  It was a defining moment in both or their lives.

Of course I had no answers for him beyond what we already understood, but listened to him for many hours.  In his case also, grace won....but his son made a different choice. But, the story is not over yet for the young man. 

At least, regardless of whether they agree with his choices, he absolutely knows without doubt that his family loves and supports him.

Needless to say his parents still have never been told because I figured if he felt they needed to be told it was his choice to tell them and not mine. He came for advice from me in confidence and I will never break that with anyone. And R_Bert her name is Diane and not Grace but I know what you meant...... :biglol:     He still reads the Bible and he and his girlfriend attend church often.  He did come to me one time and just walked up and put his arms around me and said thanks in my ear. I said your welcome and it was never mentioned again. :up: :up: :up:

• Like 2