Bersa .380

RC3

After deciding that a ppk is far too much to pay for a pistol, I came to the conclusion that the bersa's are almost the same thing. My question is, do they make an all black one? I have seen some black and silver and black and green, but no all black. And how hard is it to find mags for them?

Yes they make an all matte black BT380 in either single stack or the double stack BT380 Plus it is no bigger in length or height and only a touch thicker and only the extra ammo adds to its empty weight of 20 oz. Mags for the single stack can generally be found while the Plus mags can be tough to find. Stick with the Bersa branded mags as the Pro Mags are sh!t in these guns. You can buy mags from Bersa/Eagle Imports, as well as Condor Flight and places like Midway USA or Brownell's.

I've owned the .380 and enjoyed it and still own the .22 Thunder in satin nickel for my wife...    

Buds has the Black Matte finish in both the single and double stack in their Bersa section in stock right now. Just went and looked. I have two Black Matte 380 Bersa Thunder single stacks and love them. I also have several back up magazines that i carry when I go out. Hope this helps and you get your black gun your looking for...................... :up:

• Like 1

I like my Bersa 380. The only ammo it won't eat is TulAmmo steel case. I ordered a spare magazine on ebay for a good deal. The factory magazines are overpriced. The one I purchased is made by MecGar and it's been reliable.

• Like 1

I have had a BT .380 for years. Over 700 reliable rounds through it.

I recently picked up the CC version in a bulk gun buy, haven't shot it yet.

image_zpseeaba9ef.jpg

image_zpsbbf5ff0c.jpg

PC070040.jpg

P1290024-1.jpg
Mags, standard and extended.

P1290032.jpg
With extended magazine. 9+1.

P1080020.jpg
First trip to the range first target. Virtually no recoil.
It was my first semiauto and still travels with me 9 years later.

Edited by DAdams

The Bersa Thunder series are fine carry pieces, ultra-reliable, and in my opinion, one of the finest .380's on the market. When price is considered, it may be the best .380 out there. It's actually shootable due to size. As a former PPKS owner, I'd rather shoot the Bersa. Modern .380 defensive ammo is no joke. Bersa makes a good product and are highly underrated.

If you are considering a larger .380 auto that's not a pocket rocket, you may want to look into the CZ 83 (or maybe the 82) as well. There are many used offerings out there right at the price point of the Bersa.  

• Like 1

This was my first Bersa range trip with fresh out of the box gun and  target at 15 yards and 50 rounds. Can't find other target after adjusting sights but moved more center mass on second range outing.

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Expendable%20projectiles%20machines/PictureorVideo100_zps50828ed9.jpg.html]PictureorVideo100_zps50828ed9.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

I'll add another endorsement to the Bersa Thunder 380 as well.  Have owned two, the single stack as well as the current one (labeled the wife's) the Thunder Plus double stack.  Good reliable shooter, feels good in the hand.  Go ahead and get ya one.

• Like 1

This was my first Bersa range trip with fresh out of the box gun and  target at 15 yards and 50 rounds. Can't find other target after adjusting sights but moved more center mass on second range outing.

PictureorVideo100_zps50828ed9.jpg

I was going to give you a hard time for such horrible grouping but then I realized you were at 15 yards.

Seriously though, why are you practicing with a pistol at 45 feet?

I had a Thunder Plus, 15 round double stack - really liked it; awesome grip ergos for my hands.

Traded it off because extra mags were impossible to find and it was my only .380 in a stable of 9mm.

I'd buy another one if that helps you make a good decision.

I was going to give you a hard time for such horrible grouping but then I realized you were at 15 yards.

Seriously though, why are you practicing with a pistol at 45 feet?

LOL, well most of what you see in the red was at 5 yards and I was moving the target back every 10 rounds  2 yards at a time to see how well the new out of the box gun was working. It showed me that the farther out it got the more the sight was shooting left. I did some adjusting on the rear sight and put up a new target and was able to shoot better center mass more consistently as I moved the target out to the 15 yard area but I can't find it but when I do I will put it up. I don't really plan on needed to shoot anything at 15 yards but just nice to know if I needed to I could. I was so impressed at the accuracy of the Bersa 380 at 15 yards that I bought a second one a week later and it is as good as the first one...... :up: I would have appreciated the help with my grouping if I was having issues. I never turn down good advice from a  friend........ :up:   

• Like 1

I have a 380 Llama I enjoy shooting more than the Bersa's and I am far more accurate with it but I already know why. After caping off about 3 or 4 magazines from the Bersa I catch myself easing off on my grip just slightly enough to throw my accuracy off a tad. Can't do that with the 380 Llama because it has a lemon squeezer grip and if you ease off the grip it won't fire so I have to hold it more firmly which helps my accuracy with it.

[quote name="bersaguy" post="1137433" timestamp="1397260627"]I have a 380 Llama I enjoy shooting more than the Bersa's and I am far more accurate with it but I already know why. After caping off about 3 or 4 magazines from the Bersa I catch myself easing off on my grip just slightly enough to throw my accuracy off a tad. Can't do that with the 380 Llama because it has a lemon squeezer grip and if you ease off the grip it won't fire so I have to hold it more firmly which helps my accuracy with it.[/quote] So your a limp wrister eh? Don't worry we've all been guilty of that, I blamed my keltec till someone told me to stop holding it in my hand like a girl and grip it lol.

So your a limp wrister eh? Don't worry we've all been guilty of that, I blamed my keltec till someone told me to stop holding it in my hand like a girl and grip it lol.

This is prolly one of the biggest issues in the 380 is that most everyone has a simple blow back slide (IE non locking) and even slight limp wristing can cause issues. You must shoot these guns namely the Bersa with a locked wrist or the recoil is lost in your wrist movement and they don't cycle properly.

I've had a BT380 for a decade and I've had zero issues with it other than a front sight that blew off after 17 rounds (easily fixed). If you can find one in the configuration you want, that's great. If you can't, don't hesitate to get any of the finish combinations. Mine had been 100% reliable with well over 2000 rounds fired. I paid $179 new and will never get rid of this gun.

• Like 1

This is prolly one of the biggest issues in the 380 is that most everyone has a simple blow back slide (IE non locking) and even slight limp wristing can cause issues. You must shoot these guns namely the Bersa with a locked wrist or the recoil is lost in your wrist movement and they don't cycle properly.

I was not having gun functioning issues. Gun operated properly. I was allowing just enough soft grip to cause the gun to pull to the left slightly. Now that I have developed a double handed comfortable firing position the Bersa's are no longer shooting left for me but I am also not shooting at 15 yards that often any longer either. Now it is mostly 7 yards max at range.

I have a Thunder .380 that I bought brand new in 2004 for $157, those days seem to be past.  Functions great, eats all ammo I've ever fed it, is accurate as all get out, tough as heck, and a pleasure to shoot.  Downside?  For it's size and weight I have several other guns that have 3 or more of the following qualities over the Bersa; lighter, higher capacity, smaller size, bigger caliber.  Obviously it's not one of my favorite carry guns but it is reliable and is one of my favorite shooters.