I finally found one

Patton

Good things come to those who ask their wife nicely.

I found and bought my dream gun today. A s&w 65-3 3" .357 mag, quite possibly the most utilitarian , practical handgun ever made. They were common on the used market about 10 years ago but then they dried up to where they do not hardly exist. The best part was I bought it at 10 years ago pricing. It was a Puerto Rican Police Trade in. I have all these 4" and 2" revolvers now that I do not have a use for because I have a 3" k frame. 936176F3-913B-48BB-B6FE-1EE8090B72C8-401

Edited by Patton
  • Like 4
I have a 4" model 65. It is a great all-purpose piece. IMO, the 4" is more suited to the .357, but that's just me. :)

Bought it for a pittance (in today's terms) back in the early '90s. Has a pinned barrel and recessed chambers. Carried that thing everywhere. It still has hidden home defense duty.

Gt Distributors for $390 OTD, if I could change one thing about it I would have it as pinned and recessed but truthfully it doesn't do anything but add appeal.

At $390 I'm that much more jealous!!! Saw a 3-inch on Knoxville Armslist for nearly twice that much a few weeks ago. 

I have a 4" model 65. It is a great all-purpose piece. IMO, the 4" is more suited to the .357, but that's just me. :)

While I enjoy shooting my 4" k frames, the versatility of a 3" can't be beat. A 2.5" 19 or 66 has never interested me much because of the adjustable sights, plus the 3" gives you a full length ejector rod. Ever seen a 2.5"(not a 2") Model 10? They are rare and very desirable.

I loaded it up today even though I have not shot it and carried in a pocket, i always heard it could be done and wanted to prove so or not. It's possible, reminded me of carrying a Sig239 I had for awhile. If one considers the 3"sp101 pocketable I guess the 3" 65 could be as well. It's a true waistband gun. Edited by Patton
  • Like 1