Five Dead in Las Vegas Shooting

Amazing how these shootings always seem to end with self inflicted death when facing an armed opponent.

Yea, except for the ones that are such cowards like  Jared Lee Loughner  that opened fire in the Mall that killed several including a few children and injured Gabby Gifford and the movie theater shooterJames Eagan Holmes, that killed so many and wounded many more. They were such cowards they could not even kill themselves. Instead our tax dollars will upkeep them for the rest of their lives. Unless that is someone kills them in prison like they did that mass murderer Jeffery Dahmer in Michigan Prison. Prison Justice, Swift and Permanent!!! I guess I should not say this but we can only hope.....................jmho

well, this is escalating now. 

Among the clues: a "Don't Tread on Me" flag and a Nazi swastika

"this is the beginning of the revolution,"

"There is no doubt that the suspects have some apparent ideology that's along the lines of militia and white supremacists,"

I am sure the anti gun people will have another field day.

Also these shooting situations are getting stranger and stranger, no injuries, just dead.

I didn't and don't endorse everything Cantwell wrote in this piece. I only offer it up as a view worth considering. There are portions of the article that are valid. Others, not so much. Take what is of value, leave the rest. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'd have to disagree. It was tasteless and somewhat below you.

well, this is escalating now. 

Among the clues: a "Don't Tread on Me" flag and a Nazi swastika

"this is the beginning of the revolution,"

"There is no doubt that the suspects have some apparent ideology that's along the lines of militia and white supremacists,"

I am sure the anti gun people will have another field day.

Also these shooting situations are getting stranger and stranger, no injuries, just dead.

To me it's the same ol psycho nut cases no matter who they blame for their screwed up lives. I don't believe there is a big increase in scumbags killing innocent people because they hate the world, just more media coverage of it and the big way they do it to get the fame they want. If these two psychos didn't kill two cops for the fame, they would have eventually killed their neighbor or killed themselves in a fight but because they knew they would be famous they did it this way.

• Like 1
[quote name="pitt2magic" post="1157235" timestamp="1402408227"]Agreed. While I admire this mans courage and willingness to try to protect others, everyone should learn from what mistakes cost him his life. We should always assume that there are multiple threats.[/quote] Hindsight is 20/20. We don't know how he was interpreting the situation or what may have happened if he hadn't intervened. Who knows, maybe they were about to open fire on a crowd. Maybe if he hadn't given his life several women and children would have been killed. Certainly there are lessons to be learned, but I have a hard time classifying anything this guy did in the heat of the moment as a "mistake". I know I'd rather die then sit idly by and watch innocents be slaughtered. Perhaps he was the same. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6
Im not knocking the guys actions and I am sure that he saved many lives with his actions. My point is we should learn from it. Letting someone walk up behind you and shoot you is a mistake, one that cost him his life. Im not saying that I wouldn't have done the exact same thing with the same result. Not blaming the guy but calling it what it is.

I think the majority of LEO's are in the field to help people and make a difference. Sure some make up the difference of short man syndrome with the badge but I think it's a small minority.
After what I see in public I commend the LE community for dealing with the scumbags and those that are willing to steal/hurt/murder others for their little bit of gain. Plus the system lets too many offenders off too easy inmo. That would drive me nuts if I were out there trying to make a difference.
Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% against speed traps, checkpoints and cameras to generate revenue. It is like the 3rd Reich out there at times and that is beyond un-American!

I also don't believe in the cameras at stop lights that can write you a ticket and as far as speed traps go where  live they don't have them a lot but they will have them when people complain about people driving to fast through neighborhoods where many children are playing. Also as far as check points, about the only time they have those around here is on holiday weekends when the drunks are out in numbers behind the wheel which is dangerous as far to many drunk drivers have killed people in the past. I have not seen any of the old drivers license and registration check point in years but then I don't drive as much as I use to either. I know some folks have a low feeling about LEO's but I wonder what it would be like if we didn't have them. I don't think it would a good idea to just not have them. It would be like the riots of the 60's and 70's every day......................jmho

Im not knocking the guys actions and I am sure that he saved many lives with his actions. My point is we should learn from it. Letting someone walk up behind you and shoot you is a mistake, one that cost him his life. Im not saying that I wouldn't have done the exact same thing with the same result. Not blaming the guy but calling it what it is.

That is what I'm thinking. I'm also wondering if he was attempting to get this guy to disarm at gunpoint rather than just taking him out (Not that that would have helped this guy much). Not enough information.

Unfortunately they probably won't ever reveal enough information. Unfortunate because we as armed citizens could probably use what occurred as things to consider in situations. Its a damn shame but the media will make sure it's swept under the rug or more likely used as a con to carrying a firearm.

I don't know exactly how I would have reacted to the situation but I do know i would not have ran and hid if I was locked and loaded. His only mistake was not knowing how many shooters he had to confront and how many would have guessed a woman was this shooters partner? Everyone that has said there is something to learn from this is totally correct. Lesson one is never assume anyone is friendly at that point and check out every person you encounter for weapons before moving on to the next. I am assuming she waited till he passed her and then shot him in the back as most cowards would do. What this man did do is make them change their plans because at that point they were unaware of just how many more people in the store may be armed so they in turn went to the rear of the store and waited for the police to arrive before committing murder suicide on  themselves thus ending their short lived revolution....................jmho

Anyone getting the vibe that the more the media plays the mass killings, the more frequent they get?

Are we seeing copycats now?

Doesn't seem to be a copycat. Their beliefs seem to be different than the other nut jobs.

Doesn't seem to be a copycat. Their beliefs seem to be different than the other nut jobs.

They all had different crap in their heads, but the end goal is the same. Kill as many innocent citizens as you can before your either caught or kill yourself.

They're copycatting the style of killing. In mass.
  • Like 1

I agree JWC that they did have a different agenda. Just not sure what it was and will never know because they are dead. But this is the first time I have heard the title "The Revolution has began." used Normally a revolt has more than two people in it. Now does this mean there are others out there planning the same type of action striking out in small numbers like this. It is a possibility and only time will tell that. I would say for now most everyone might want to raise there alertness to maybe Def-con 3 for a short time. Yea. it happened in Vegas but doesn't mean it will remain in Vegas..................jmho

I agree JWC that they did have a different agenda. Just not sure what it was and will never know because they are dead. But this is the first time I have heard the title "The Revolution has began." used Normally a revolt has more than two people in it. Now does this mean there are others out there planning the same type of action striking out in small numbers like this. It is a possibility and only time will tell that. I would say for now most everyone might want to raise there alertness to maybe Def-con 3 for a short time. Yea. it happened in Vegas but doesn't mean it will remain in Vegas..................jmho

I pray it's an isolated incident. There is some buzz suggesting that they were both anti-government and such related terms, which one could spin as Anarchism...but I don't buy that. With the exception of Anarcho-Communists/Marxists and the Punk Factions of Anarchism, there are really only a few other extreme crazies out there that support and promote violent revolution/insurrection.

To me, this reads like they are just more wannabe revolutionary types that couldn't see past their noses to the real insignifigance of their ideal; more crazies looking to substitute the Government with another Government that they prefer....just like most violent revolutionaries.

I agree with you though that we should all be eyes and ears for a few days if not weeks..

• Like 1

Lessons to be pondered upon...

If I am ever in that kind of situation I don't plan on confronting them directly because if this very reason. It's also a reason why I would never open carry. On the other hand I would not think twice about shooting someone from behind if it meant stoping them from shooting others.

Was about 15 min down the road from our old house when we lived there. We rarely used that Walmart as we view it as the "other side of the tracks" for us and never ate at that CiCi's. I had a quite a few of LVMPD Motor officer buddies but did not know the officers killed and was relieved that it was not one that I knew personally, but it does not make the pain for the families any less and I feel for there families as if I knew them. Also my prayers go to the family of the CCW carrier that gave his life to try to save others.

But it does bring one thing to light for us. Along with the latest OR school shooting that no matter where you live and how safe you think you are.  There will always be sick people that intend to bring harm to innocent people and to just be prepared as best as you can. Lesson learned for me is to take a step back if possible and take a look at the big picture and understand that any age, gender can still pull a trigger and remember that I am responsible for my actions and reactions. 

I certainly do not want to come off as being paranoid. But, I believe that people need to take off there blinders and start with the sad realization that we are in the same boat as other countries with Terrorist both foreign and domestic amongst us. Schools need to start taking a proactive approach with "shooter on campus" drills just like they do fire drills, earthquake and tornado drills. 

We do not need to live in fear but we need to live with the ability to be adapt to any situation be able to protect our selves and loved ones and others we do not even know and over come these types of situations!

Edited by BLACKVANDRIVER
  • Like 1