Is this a good price?

mhl6493

I have a friend who is trying to sell his Springfield XDs 45.  It's been shot some, but not excessively.  He bought it after the recall was issued, so it shouldn't be subject to that.  He has about $500 in it, and is asking $475.  Nothing wrong with the gun, he just wants to go all-Glock because he prefers that platform. 

So what do y'all think -- is that a fair price?  It seems maybe a little high to me, but when you consider the FFL fee or sales tax I'd save, it's doesn't seem all that bad.  Just wanted some educated opinions...

Yes, a fair price. You're not "stealing it" at that price. But as Lowpower says, check the serial number and the recall dates. I forget what it is, but I think you can tell if it is a recall gun by anextra pin in the frame around the trigger.
  • Like 1
I had one post recall with 5 mags that took forever to sale for $500. I would say it is the going rate or a little on the high side but not too bad. See if he will let you shoot it first. They have A LOT of recoil and I normally am not too sensitive to recoil.
  • Like 1

If you like the gun, $475 is a decent price.  I'd offer $450, just because... but you aren't going to get one much less than that, and by the time you've scoured the internet looking, it's probably worth the $20-40 bucks you might save to just buy from your buddy. 

Edited by dcloudy777
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the input.  I'm going to double check whether the gun is subject to the recall, then try it out to see if I can deal with the recoil.  If it passes both the recall and the recoil tests, I think I'll probably buy it.  I believe he'll even let me make payments.  He wants a Glock pretty bad...  :D

Thanks for all the input.  I'm going to double check whether the gun is subject to the recall, then try it out to see if I can deal with the recoil.  If it passes both the recall and the recoil tests, I think I'll probably buy it.  I believe he'll even let me make payments.  He wants a Glock pretty bad...  :D

LOL. I wonder if it's the first Glock? Probably won't be his last if it is.

I started with a  22, then a 19 and then...oh well. It get s out of hand.

• Like 1
Wow prices must have really dropped on those in the past few months. For a whole there those were impossible to find and super expensive.

I sold mine at the end of last year for $575. As many offers as I got, it seemed to be a good deal at the time.
  • Like 1

Wow prices must have really dropped on those in the past few months. For a whole there those were impossible to find and super expensive.

I sold mine at the end of last year for $575. As many offers as I got, it seemed to be a good deal at the time.

I guess they have.  My lgs has a new XDs .45 for $499 plus tax.  

Yes, a fair price. You're not "stealing it" at that price. But as Lowpower says, check the serial number and the recall dates. I forget what it is, but I think you can tell if it is a recall gun by anextra pin in the frame around the trigger.

There is an extra (2) roll pin at the top of the trigger. If there are 2, the recall issue has been resolved. 

Nice pistol, good price.

buy it.  I sold one for a little more than that and regret it. Several years ago but needed the cake to buy the oldest grandson things.  So it was a fair deal.

Wish I had another way though.  If it was today there is no way.

Someday I will have another.

• Like 1

I finally had a chance to take my buddy's XDs out to the range today and put 50 rounds of Federal 230 gr. ammo through it.  I'd be lying if I said my hand didn't sting a little bit afterwards.  But honestly, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.  In some ways, I think my Smith and Wesson 442 stings me worse than the Springfield.  And I was able to shoot it, for me, very accurately.  Overall, just extremely nice for a semi-pocketable .45.  I will probably have to bite on this one... Thanks again for the input on the price!