Got egged tonight in truck

I'm sure he means California leftest hippy types hates Hummers, they have burned them at lots before, they blame them on gloable warming.

I blame all vehicles, lol. Strange that today we are still using an ancient, inefficient gasoline engine, which wastes a lot of it's energy as heat. 

I wouldn't burn a hummer, but I can think of plenty of better and cheaper vehicles out there. Maybe I'm biased, the only people I've ever met that drove them were rich, materialistic douchebags with a compensation problem. 

That is exactly what happened. Like I said was loud enough it sounded like their car hit me, or even a gunshot. Make no mistake it was pretty damn violent impact. And Spots yea, I wanted to block them in and yank that driver out and kick his ass, but there were probably at least two more in the back seat and no way to know if they may have had a weapon. Just not worth it.

Wow, an egg hit your vehicle at 80 mph and it didn't do any damage at all, and only left a few minor shell flakes such that you didn't know what it was until the cop told you? I would have expected the egg to do a ton of damage at that speed, especially since it hit your mirror. Muzzle energy of egg:

1 Jumbo Egg (70 grams = 1081 grains) at 80 mph (117 fps) = 33 foot lbs. of energy. So that is enough energy to move a 33 lb. weight a distance of 1 foot.

Edited by wileecoyote

Growing up, I wasn't exactly the best behaved young lad.  I'm living proof that kids do stupid things.

During the summer, when people would drive with the window down, I would hide behind a mailbox at the end of our street ready to ambush people with a super-soaker as they hit the stop sign.  One person, got pissed off enough at me to put his car in park at the stop sign, and get out.  I ran and he give chase.  I cut through peoples backyards and up the small hill in the middle of our block to hide in the wood line, climbing fences as fast as only a preteen can to get away.  I was done with my super-soaker ambushes after that.

What do you think he would have done if he caught you?

True story: My best friend and roommate back in the early 90's,it was Halloween night, we put our trucks(nice trucks!)behind our gate and had our work trucks out front, our neighbor called over and said he witness some teenagers looking over our gate, we checked out our trucks, my buddy's truck was hit with a baseball size rock, if your going to do something stupid don't get caught, we found them 2 blocks over, needless to say my friend was wearing ski mask and had a aluminum bat, he hit this guy with everything he had in both legs and once in the upper body. We lived in a big city, never heard a word..LOL..wouldn't try it nowadays...

What do you think he would have done if he caught you?

True story: My best friend and roommate back in the early 90's,it was Halloween night, we put our trucks(nice trucks!)behind our gate and had our work trucks out front, our neighbor called over and said he witness some teenagers looking over our gate, we checked out our trucks, my buddy's truck was hit with a baseball size rock, if your going to do something stupid don't get caught, we found them 2 blocks over, needless to say my friend was wearing ski mask and had a aluminum bat, he hit this guy with everything he had in both legs and once in the upper body. We lived in a big city, never heard a word..LOL..wouldn't try it nowadays...

The guy was an idiot for damaging your friend's truck, but the baseball bat thing was overkill. Hurting someone over something like that is a good way to get prison time. With that said, hopefully he learned his lesson. Not sure if it was wise, though, since they knew where you both lived, probably could have made him pay the hospital bills at least. Seems like the kid's dad would have asked him why he was wearing multiple casts. You guys might have ended up having to sell both your trucks to pay his hospital bills, something to consider.

That is another reason I don't have nice vehicles, I don't worry about dents or scratches, and I am not a target for thieves. 

I didn't do many teenage pranks, but I always had a knife on me in case the owner tried to attack me, so I could defend myself, as outlined in the constitution :usa:

I've done my fair share of stupid crap, but stuff can certainly go sideways. When I was in college, a couple drunk guys were messing with a potato gun near campus. They shot one into the air. When it came down, it hit a guy walking back from class. He lost an eye. They went to jail and their fraternity was disbanded.

Well , I'm just glad you were not hurt Monk and sorry they got away. I remember my son telling me once about an egg incident that took place on him while he and his two sons were on their home from an afternoon outing. Some kids in a car hit his SUV several times with some eggs. All I can say was wrong truck wrong day. My son and his two boys were on their way home from a paint Ball competition that they competed in and they still had plenty of ammo still in the guns. Son turned around and had little trouble catching them and my two Grandsons marked the car up really well and the guys inside also because they could not get the windows up fast enough. The were orange and Lime Green Florescent and glowing when cops got them in Kingston Springs. They thanked my son because they had been getting complaints on these kids for a week and no one could give a good description of the car. My two grandsons made it easy to locate. Bet it would have been fun if you would have had a paint ball gun huh Monkey/...............jmho 

• Like 2

There was a case in Georgia a several years ago where a homeowner took chase after a car full of girls who rolled his house.  They crashed, some died, and he was charged with vehicular homicide.  Different prank, but similar scenario.

I would be livid also, and I would be hard pressed not to pursue them; I would probably justify it as trying to get the license number.  The case above is one of those things that might give me pause.  I also pray that when my son is old enough, he won't act like an idiot and do something that causes irreparable harm to himself or others.  Right now he is only 8, so when I see a yard that is rolled or a stop sign that is vandalized, I try to instill him why it is wrong.  Maybe something will stick.

• Like 1

Wow, an egg hit your vehicle at 80 mph and it didn't do any damage at all, and only left a few minor shell flakes such that you didn't know what it was until the cop told you? I would have expected the egg to do a ton of damage at that speed, especially since it hit your mirror. Muzzle energy of egg:

1 Jumbo Egg (70 grams = 1081 grains) at 80 mph (117 fps) = 33 foot lbs. of energy. So that is enough energy to move a 33 lb. weight a distance of 1 foot.

Well I suck at math, but I was doing 35 they were probably going a bit faster. Put a nice welt in my mirror. They are tow mirrors made of a pretty heavy plastic so they probably held up better than most. I'm sure of one thing, no way in heck do I ever want to find out what that egg would feel like going that fast!

Wow, an egg hit your vehicle at 80 mph and it didn't do any damage at all, and only left a few minor shell flakes such that you didn't know what it was until the cop told you? I would have expected the egg to do a ton of damage at that speed, especially since it hit your mirror. Muzzle energy of egg:

You didn't say if that was a hollow point +P egg, they will definatly do alot of damage.

• Like 2
[quote name="K191145" post="1176473" timestamp="1407382412"]You didn't say if that was a hollow point +P egg, they will definitely do a lot of damage.[/quote]Good point! If we assume it was a double yolk and was spiraling for the best BC, we could add another 100-200 grains and maybe an extra 50-100 fps.
  • Like 1

Good point! If we assume it was a double yolk and was spiraling for the best BC, we could add another 100-200 grains and maybe an extra 50-100 fps.

While a carbine arm is prefered for closer throwing, it's well known that a longer arm will add 50 to 100 FPS also. 

Edited by K191145

No worries. It was mainly just a reminder to everyone that you never know what nut jobs out there will do.

Which is exactly what these pranksters should worry about these days. They could happen to not run into the average TGO member that would love to just cuss them out and explain what bad could have happened. They could run into Janquale or Julio Montego Rivera Rodriguez who have a $10,000 paint job and $4,000 rims and "pop a cap in dat azz" over an egg! I mean seriously, look how many people get ran off the road or shot over "who was in the fast lane first" issues. I hope those kids never run into anyone with that aggression and disregard for human life. Also glad it didn't hit you through the window and put your eye out.

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 2

Which is exactly what these pranksters should worry about these days. They could happen to not run into the average TGO member that would love to just cuss them out and explain what bad could have happened. They could run into Janquale or Julio Montego Rivera Rodriguez who have a $10,000 paint job and $4,000 rims and "pop a cap in dat azz" over an egg! I mean seriously, look how many people get ran off the road or shot over "who was in the fast lane first" issues. I hope those kids never run into anyone with that aggression and disregard for human life. Also glad it didn't hit you through the window and put your eye out.

Thanks man, me too!

This happened to my wife about a week ago at Old Hickory and Hillsboro heading from Brentwood to Green Hills at night..... with my two boys in the car. They hit the window where my 6mo baby boy was in his carrier. Luckily the window was up, but it shook her up pretty good and scared my kids.

Those little bastards are just lucky I wasn't with her.

I've had idiots yell stuff at me as they were driving by, since I walk everywhere. Thankfully none of them turned around and tried to do something stupid. I have long hair and look like a hippie, but I'm a combat vet with extensive handgun training. Just wish people would think before they do something stupid. It's easy to make a mistake you can't walk away from, and things happen terribly fast.