Best Glock night sights for the money

Guest stinkfoot

Guest stinkfoot
Just as the title says I am looking some of the best night sights for my g26. So please suggest to me the most versatile, affordable, and bright night sights available that you have experience with. Then anyone in the Bristol area interested in helping me install them?

Best sights I've ever had on any gun were on a Glock I used to have. They were TruGlo TFO sights, which have very bright tritium for night and fiber optic rods for day all in one package. They also sit very low on the gun, which means less snagging when you draw. They usually run about $70 to $75 on Amazon.

The ones on sale... They are all good... Sights are like a lot of other things; they are highly dependent on marketing hype, customer loyalty, and other things that have nothing to do with their use... We've got 'em all.... I prefer the VS big dot sights, they aint better than the trijiconsmeprolights, or anything else; i just prefer them...

leroy

• Like 1

The ones on sale... They are all good... Sights are like a lot of other things; they are highly dependent on marketing hype, customer loyalty, and other things that have nothing to do with their use... We've got 'em all.... I prefer the VS big dot sights, they aint better than the trijicons, meprolights, or anything else; i just prefer them...

leroy

Good points, Leroy. What works for you is what's best...if at the right price.

I run XS Big Dots on my 17 and just received a pair from Brownell's yesterday for my 26.

I put a set of these on my 1st Glock to help me out in IDPA. The guys in my squad teased me, calling them "training wheels", but my first plate rack run was the fastest I'd ran that stage. They're great for speed, but I wasn't very accurate with them on smaller targets.

Edited by BigK
Guest stinkfoot
I am seriously considering just the bright & tough green/green. Then the bright glow in the daytime of the tfo have piqued my interest since I had wilsone firesights on another pistol for so long, and they are fiberoptic. Being used to those has me considering the tfo, but the bulk and my gut reaction on the bright and tough still has me leaning on that side of the fence.

Anyone in the tri cities have both I could see first hand by chance?

I put a set of these on my 1st Glock to help me out in IDPA. The guys in my squad teased me, calling them "training wheels", but my first plate rack run was the fastest I'd ran that stage. They're great for speed, but I wasn't very accurate with them on smaller targets.

LOL..."Training wheels"...I like that.

Yes, there is a learning curve for sure. I've focused on these for the past year and I'm glad I did. I finally figured the POA / POI for the 3 yard "Dot Drill Target" and 100 yd targets...but it took some time and effort.

• Like 2

Well, if Highpower was a little late to the party, I didn't even attend :snore:  Anywho...

Saturday I just received and installed a set of Trijicon HD'S (yellow front dot) on my Glock 19. The TruGlo TFO'S I had on the G19 I transfered to my G26. The HD's from Opticsplanet were pricey at about $135.00 delivered but, you get what you pay for. The TFO's were about a hundred bucks at the local FFL and installed for free. The following is just my 2 cents worth.

With my aging eyes you can't beat the TFO'S for visibility period! Day, dusk or night the three dots just pop out at you. I've seen many articles and several Youtube videos where the fiber optic tubes pop out of the housing but, it hasn't happened to me yet. In each case I've heard about, TruGlo customer service was outstanding getting them a replacement.

Sixty-seven seconds after I installed the Trijicon HD'S me and my buddy headed to the club range. I set up some simulated IDPA targets and blew through 100 rounds of 9mm in no time. I'm here to tell y'all, I really like those HD sights, the rear sight "U" notch helps me acquire my target faster and the yellow front sight really is easier to pick up with no bright rear sight dots. Of all the different sights I own including XS Big Dots, etc. they became my favorite sights, however, and there's always a however...

One of the reasons I wanted the HD'S in addition to the creative idea of the rear sight U notch was the capability of one handed slide cycling for training classes or actual need. You can't do that with the factory and many of the other low profile sights, but here's the kicker.

I have a few top of the line leather carry holsters, Alessi and Milt Sparks I really like and always use. The bottom of the holster naturally is open, the HD'S sit much higher on the slide. The Glock will holster almost like normal but you can not draw it out of the holster no matter how much you try. I literally have to remove the gun and holster, pry the leather away from the front sight and remove the gun. Now I can only use my Kydex holster or kydex leather hybrid holster with sight channels. BUMMER!

Well my 2 cents turned into a buck and a half hard bound novel, sorry about that :popcorn:

• Like 2