Trail cams, almost food plots and a BIG buck

Well yet again I procrastinated on get my food plots put in but have decided that I'm still going to do it. A couple other TGO friends are coming out to help put in food plots and build shoot houses/blinds, tomorrow and Sunday after church. We've got about 130ac here at my parents place and it is home to the 3 longest most active rub,scrape lines that I have ever seen but I've just not had the time to devote to clearing stuff out so that I could ever get to it to hunt. On to the point of the post, This year I decided to really do the damn thing so as part of that I went and bought 3 trail cams, wanted more but, hey they ain't cheap. I put one of them out on monday and have been swapping the card out every morning and seeing doe on it every am and pm... until this morning. Last night I had 2 shooter 8 points come in, one is big and the other is really big so I decided I'd share pic of the bigger of the two just to make sure the fever has set in on everyone!

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/286EB549-1282-4C1B-B206-2F9BD0B9538B.jpg.html]286EB549-1282-4C1B-B206-2F9BD0B9538B.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/646AB99C-87BD-48ED-8E37-125F1F1F9F9D.jpg.html]646AB99C-87BD-48ED-8E37-125F1F1F9F9D.jpg[/URL]

• Like 2

I've always been afraid of those trail cams. If I ever got a shot of ole' sasquatch I may never do another evening hunt again. :pleased:

What happens if you saw him on camera in daylight morning hours????  You would just have to quit hunting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

O there is a big foot out there, I got him in a trial cam pic.

Here he is getting a drink from my pool.

You see him in the woods, well all I can say if you give him a few dollars he will leave you alone.

[URL=http://s896.photobucket.com/user/redintn/media/me_zpsccd65c92.jpg.html]me_zpsccd65c92.jpg[/URL]

Nice looking deer, good luck on the hunt.

O there is a big foot out there, I got him in a trial cam pic.
Here he is getting a drink from my pool.
You see him in the woods, well all I can say if you give him a few dollars he will leave you alone.
me_zpsccd65c92.jpg

Nice looking deer, good luck on the hunt.

Red, is that why you shot your pool full of holes, so he'd quit taking his evening drink so close to the house?
  • Like 1
We'll see if he ever shows his rack again. I'd say he'll be hard to catch out during day light hours this year but I'd say after this season hell about be smart enough to not get shot. If he one of the 2 I got a glimpse of earlier on in velvet then there is another that should be about like him. The first few years after momma and daddy moved out here they would see deer like this fighting/sparring in the driveway (or as momma says "you should have seen that 8 and 10 pointer playing all over the yard this morning"). I told her that I didn't figure them to be " playing".

Red, is that why you shot your pool full of holes, so he'd quit taking his evening drink so close to the house?

Well we did put up another pool, he has been back.

So just where is this deer at, GPS position will be OK for now?

Well we did put up another pool, he has been back.

So just where is this deer at, GPS position will be OK for now?

LOL well first you go past farmer Johnson's black tobacco barn and when you get to the bed Red Oak tree head 20 degrees West until you come up on a small waterfall. Go through the water and into the cave and at the other end of the cave you'll pop out in "the" spot. ;)

• Like 1

Good luck in the morning bro.

I won't be hunting tomorrow. My bow and archery related stuff was in the house when it got broken into so I am bowless now-a-days. If he starts making appearances during daylight hours then I guess i'll find someone with an extra bow I can borrow for a week or two. We're putting in food plots and shoot houses tomorrow and Sunday after church so hopefully we won't spook him so bad that he leaves us. Where he was at was only about 30yds off the driveway so he's not to skittish. That property has had very little hunting pressure on it for the last 8 years. I hunted a fair bit on it last year but only in one area so even then they had a lot of "safe haven"

I won't be hunting tomorrow. My bow and archery related stuff was in the house when it got broken into so I am bowless now-a-days. If he starts making appearances during daylight hours then I guess i'll find someone with an extra bow I can borrow for a week or two. We're putting in food plots and shoot houses tomorrow and Sunday after church so hopefully we won't spook him so bad that he leaves us. Where he was at was only about 30yds off the driveway so he's not to skittish. That property has had very little hunting pressure on it for the last 8 years. I hunted a fair bit on it last year but only in one area so even then they had a lot of "safe haven"

If you need a bow to borrow just say the word. I've got my bow fishing rig (4 o 5 year old matthews) that we can convert back in 10 min and have it going for you

Still shoots good, just need to torque it down some and get the draw weight back up to deer levels...

If you need a bow to borrow just say the word. I've got my bow fishing rig (4 o 5 year old matthews) that we can convert back in 10 min and have it going for you

Still shoots good, just need to torque it down some and get the draw weight back up to deer levels...

Awesome bro. I'll see if he keeps showing up and let you know. I haven't shot a bow in years so I'd need to get some practice in before I felt comfortable shooting at a deer.

LOL well first you go past farmer Johnson's black tobacco barn and when you get to the bed Red Oak tree head 20 degrees West until you come up on a small waterfall. Go through the water and into the cave and at the other end of the cave you'll pop out in "the" spot. ;)

That sounds like the Narrows of the Harpeth.

Edited by RED333

That sounds like the Narrows of the Harpeth.

If I am not mistaken Red that is Mr. the Old Sears Farm tobacco barn at the Narrows and use to belong to a family named Jackson back when it was built many moons ago. Man I grew up on that river and always loved floating the Narrows of the Harpeth in jon boats small mouth fishing. I think if anyone would like to enjoy reading a little bit of history about Tennessee they would enjoy reading about how that cave came to be. Most folks probably don't know it was man made......... :up: