***UPDATE*** Well, someone broke into my car.

Man, that sucks. I've had so many buddies that have had this happen. Nashville Used Music and pawn shops are the most likely deposit points.

I've been very lucky over the years; I've never had any of my gear stolen. (But, who the phuck wants a steel guitar, anyway? ;) )

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I wanted to update this thread by saying that my vintage amp was recovered! Showed up on Craigslist and within the hour I had detectives in an undercover vehicle showing up to arrest the guy! I had my amp back within two hours! Unbelievable!

Much thanks to the Midtown Precinct! Great guys! I wish a local paper would cover something positive like this! They really care about the city's musicians and took great care of me.

Did this just happen? Did the guy think he'd wait 5 months and no one would notice?
  • Like 2

I wanted to update this thread by saying that my vintage amp was recovered! Showed up on Craigslist and within the hour I had detectives in an undercover vehicle showing up to arrest the guy! I had my amp back within two hours! Unbelievable!

Much thanks to the Midtown Precinct! Great guys! I wish a local paper would cover something positive like this! They really care about the city's musicians and took great care of me.

This is wonderful news! Thanks for letting us know.

Do you know if the lister was the thief? Or just an accomplice? Not that it really matters though. lol
  • Like 1

Well except for your lax in memory of how much money you had in your wallet you got all your money to cover your loss. I don't know why you were so surprised about how neat and nicely dressed they were. That is their lawyers idea. It makes them look more like upstanding pillars of the community in court. Look at those college kids that have been charged with rape next time they are ij the news. They are rough tough jock football players that look like Lawyers and Preachers when they are in court. Don't be fooled by how the are dressed. They were not dressed that way the night they broke into your car.....................jmho

It works too lol.   I had to go before a judge as a teen (for a rather serious driving error) and the suit & fine young gentleman act got me off with a stern "pay attention"  instead of taking all my money.   I dunno what it is about ppl and suits.  I hate suits.  I am not impressed by anyone because of their suit.   Some of the smartest and most competent people I know look like hobos most of the time. 

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 2

This is wonderful news! Thanks for letting us know.Do you know if the lister was the thief? Or just an accomplice? Not that it really matters though. lol

He was an accomplice as far as I know. He made up some story about he used to work at the Gibson factory and an old employee buddy didn't need or play this amp anymore and gave it to him over a debt he owed. Yeah. Right.

I looked on Craigslist every single day for this damn thing and I was out on a gig and it popped up.. A friend I hadn't spoken to in a few years text me about it. The one day I didn't look a buddy finds it for me! Haha

So, I called the guy, made up a fake name and had him meet "me" right by the precinct. The stupid man exclaimed, "That's perfect! Plenty of cops over those so we'll both feel safe!" Edited by suspiciousmind
  • Like 1

That is AWESOME news!! Kudos on your vigilance and congrats on recovering your gear.

• Like 1

Dude thats awesome news! Glad you got your amp back safe and sound. Now give it a good workout and make sure the noodle heads didn't fry anything or flip the polarity switches by mistake. :up: That would suck not to catch after all this lol. 

Glad you got the Fender back. Those are great old amps.