The Battle of the Five Armies

jacob

I ate at that place in Seattle last year...it was pretty good, but I was pretty drunk also....I can't wait a week after the release date...my clan WILL be there on the 17th...but not in cosplay...

Edited by jacob

I will see it when it comes out on DVD. I have tried a couple times to get family to go and they seem to always be to busy working so I quit asking and just buy the DVD and then when they ask to borrow it I say no and that is where that stands.

Some movies you HAVE TO SEE in the theather.  I have an 80" HDTV and still would rather watch this type of movie in a theater...Crap man, I will go see the dang movie with you if it gets you in the theater...lol...

Some movies you HAVE TO SEE in the theather.  I have an 80" HDTV and still would rather watch this type of movie in a theater...Crap man, I will go see the dang movie with you if it gets you in the theater...lol...

I have found out a couple things Jacob and I do appreciate the offer but I suffer with short term memory lost sometimes from a stroke back in 1997. If I buy the DVD and watch it and then a little later on I am looking for a movie to watch, many time I can watch that DVD and it's almost like watching it the first time because i have probably forgot I saw it once already. Hope that makes sense........... :up: :up:

• Like 1

I have found out a couple things Jacob and I do appreciate the offer but I suffer with short term memory lost sometimes from a stroke back in 1997. If I buy the DVD and watch it and then a little later on I am looking for a movie to watch, many time I can watch that DVD and it's almost like watching it the first time because i have probably forgot I saw it once already. Hope that makes sense........... :up: :up:

Have you watched Memento?
  • Like 3

Sadly, I can't go to 3D movies. I can't see them. Don't know why. Glasses on or off, it looks the same. Blurry.

Yeah, me too. And I bought one of the Smarty Samsung 3D capable tv last year because it was on sale at a better price than a comparable non-3D at the time. 

I hate those funky glasses. Everything seems like a double-image and colors look off to me.

But my neighbor loves to come over and watch it.

I have read The Hobbit many times. This will be the last Tolkien movie. I will be there.  I do not like 3D movies. I prefer to have the entire screen in focus. With 3D the background is often blurry. I grew up going to movies. I feel comfortable in the theater, especially now that I can concealed carry in them.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Just got home from seeing this. Good movie, glad the series is all wrapped up now.
The movie felt slow but was good. I wasn't disappointed but did not walk away reallu impressed either. Felt like they continued to do a good job following the story as best as a movie allows.

I just got in from it too. Meh.

The source material for these 3 has been too thin. It's clear that the writers of the non-book scenes are not Tolkien. Instead of having interesting story, they fill it with lengthy ninja-elves/indestructible-dwarves battle scenes with way too much flying through the air. It's like an 8 year old playing with action figures. After making it through the first 2, I'm glad I went to wrap it up, but I'm glad it's done. These 3 are nowhere near as good as the LOTR trilogy.

I probably will eventually.  

The movies so far have been pretty good, though cutting out some major events and characters.  I am not running out to see it on day 1, though.  Might just watch it here at home where I don't have to spend $20 for a soda and can have my gun on me.