Lian Neeson converting to Islam? Now I understand...

Will Carry

My my, the arrogance displayed in his explanation of the meaning of a book that he didn't write.  I think that's called interpretation.  Or better yet, an opinion.

Additionally, I think Alcatraz is an amazing structure but it doesn't mean i want to be a prisoner.

Edited by leftyk82

Well every time I read anything about him just causes me to lose more and more respect for him and now since he would even consider such a thing has done it for me. He has made it to my list of present or future traitors soon the be a terrorist........jmho

He's not converting to Islam, the dailymail is a crap rag that isn't to be taken seriously. Like CZ said, this rumor started back during Taken 2; and honestly why do we care so much about what actors think or do in their personal lives? The man could become a tongue speaking, snake kissing Baptist who only eats fried butter and puppies and I'd still watch one of his movies if it looks good.
  • Like 1

I LOVE this though.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/16/company-that-provided-guns-for-taken-3-does-more-than-talk-after-reading-liam-neesons-fiery-anti-gun-rant/

PARA USA regrets its decision to provide firearms for use in the film "Taken 3". While the film itself is entertaining, comments made by its Irish-born star during press junkets reflect a cultural and factual ignorance that undermines support of the Second Amendment and American liberties. We will no longer provide firearms for use in films starring Liam Neeson and ask that our friends and partners in Hollywood refrain from associating our brand and products with his projects. Further, we encourage our partners and friends in the firearms industry to do the same.

• Like 1

I LOVE this though.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/16/company-that-provided-guns-for-taken-3-does-more-than-talk-after-reading-liam-neesons-fiery-anti-gun-rant/

PARA USA regrets its decision to provide firearms for use in the film "Taken 3". While the film itself is entertaining, comments made by its Irish-born star during press junkets reflect a cultural and factual ignorance that undermines support of the Second Amendment and American liberties. We will no longer provide firearms for use in films starring Liam Neeson and ask that our friends and partners in Hollywood refrain from associating our brand and products with his projects. Further, we encourage our partners and friends in the firearms industry to do the same.

We need more manufacturers standing up like this!!

Of course if it should happen, the way actors and Hollywood types seem to mouth off, there probably wouldn't be any guns supplied to any fils anymore.

And yes, I know most weapons come from prop companies. but I really like the Para USA statement.

I read that he converted to Islam after losing his wife. It is very common for libs to channel their energy/pain/hate towards something else. At least for the libs that I know and it makes sense considering the amount of anger coming from that side.
It is a shame that these folks can't deal with the cards that have been delt to them.
  • Moderators

I read that he converted to Islam after losing his wife. It is very common for libs to channel their energy/pain/hate towards something else. At least for the libs that I know and it makes sense considering the amount of anger coming from that side.
It is a shame that these folks can't deal with the cards that have been delt to them.

Well I read that he didn't and isn't.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1757251/liam-neeson-muslim-taken-4-star-shoots-down-islam-rumors/

And yeah... He is a hypocrite, but isn't that what actors are? They get paid to make believe. Truthfully speaking, if every actor made known everything they stood for or believed you would have a very tiny list of "approved" actors.

Like probably 3.
  • Moderators

For me it's not really the hypocrisy, but rather the arrogance and elitism and entitlement attitude of "I'm rich and famous, therefore my opinions are valid and I can use the media soapbox to spew my nonsensical point of view. "

That is probably true in this case, but how often are views forced/extracted from "stars" by the media?

IMHO A lot of actors have been forced into semi retirement or full retirement if they say anything against What the left preaches. Many Pro-gun actors and actresses have been forced to retire or cannot get work in Tinsel Town because they made their feelings known and stand up for the 2nd Amendment and America. I have the utmost respect for those people for standing up for what is right. I hope is Neeson gets another shootum up job he has to use his own personal guns which we all know he owns some.............jmho