Need Ideas for a night out, step inside for the details

pops572

My wife and I have a very close friend (she is wife's co worker)who has been diagnosed with stomach and colon cancer. She previously had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy and surgery to repair the area. Has been doing well for about 5 years and just recently had trouble swallowing so she went for a checkup and thru a series of tests she found out about the new tumors.
So my wife and a few of her friends want to take her out kind of as a celebration of life and to try and lift her spirits a little, thing is she cant really eat, they have her on a protein supplement type diet. So the normal dinner and drinks type outing really wouldnt be very much fun for the person you are trying to cheer up if they cant eat or drink alcohol.
An outing to a shooting range was my idea and while my wife and the friend and maybe 1 or 2 others might enjoy that, the majority of her coworkers probably wouldnt show up.
So I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas for an outing for them. Nashville area probably weeknight, Saturday afternoon could be worked out probably. Something for 3-4 hours or so for about a dozen people. Edited by pops572
Dang smart phones and big fingers !!

Just google what i put in all caps above and you should find a suitable place near you. Good bonding time and no worries of occupying free time with food and booze. Or some half dressed stripper in a banana hanger , lol.
My wife and her sisters did the Nash Trash tour and had a blast. There was some drinking by some folks but not a lot.

Beyond that my wife and some of her friends did the pottery thing and really enjoyed it. It might be nice to create a keepsake as a rememberance.

But, laughter is always first for me.

Mark
  • Like 1

Wife and I have done the pottery/painting things and they are fun. 

We recently did this with a group of work friends and had a great time: http://nashvilleescapegame.com/

They "lock" you in a puzzle room with a numeric lock on the door.  Your goal is to figure out the 4-digit code to get you out of the room.  Inside the room/rooms, there are hints that lead you to the next step to figure out the code.  They give you an hour to complete the task.  We had a fun hour with our friends, then went to have dinner elsewhere.  We plan to get our group together again to do one of the other puzzle rooms they have.  

We recently did this with a group of work friends and had a great time: http://nashvilleescapegame.com/

They "lock" you in a puzzle room with a numeric lock on the door.  Your goal is to figure out the 4-digit code to get you out of the room.  Inside the room/rooms, there are hints that lead you to the next step to figure out the code.  They give you an hour to complete the task.  We had a fun hour with our friends, then went to have dinner elsewhere.  We plan to get our group together again to do one of the other puzzle rooms they have.  

That looks like some good fun.    Thanks for bring that to my attention, definitely putting it on my to do list.   

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrating life you can't go wrong with adrenaline. If they are game I'd suggest sky diving. Group rates can get pretty cheap and one jump with classes can be a couple of hours but with a few of jumps can be an all day excursion. Not that adventurous? Then maybe theme park rides. Head over here to the east and there are zip lines and Zorbing. "White water" rafting can be found all over.