Strategic Edge Range in Chapel Hill, TN - 1250 Yard Range - Join Now

shaftbass

There's plenty of room!
Even from Chattanooga, it's be worth joining. If you're more than 75 miles away, you get a reduced rate membership (half price, non pro rated, I think)
I'd happily. HAPPILY drive 2 hours to shoot here.
I've been once, & I'm already shopping around for parts to build a long range target gun!
  • Like 1

Hey I shot that gun before...

Indeed! It's set up a bit nicer now. You need to shoot it again soon. :D I have all the APA accessories on there, 20x mil scope, Barrett rings, etc. The only downside is that it tips the scale at 45lbs as it sits now. :rofl: Edited by JohnC

Thanks, it shows a member sign-up for Sunday.  I would go Saturday, but my friends that plan to come are married and with Saturday being Valentines day, they figure it is in their best interest to wait until Sunday in case we lose track of time :cheers: .

Well, one buddy and I went today and got signed up.  I think it is going to be a great place to shoot as many have mentioned.  I didn't do any shooting today as it was way too cold for me, but there were a couple of crazy people out.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
I am considering joining this range, but the distance from Nashville is holding me back. I would only be able to go on weekends and often times weekends are already busy for me.

On that note, how busy are the weekends at the range? How many rifle bays are at each distance as I didn't see this information on their website?
  • Like 1
I did the 50 BMG and over bore class, but still need to do the long range.

Is it still the same requirements as a year ago? Basically a class and qualify by shooting (dialing in and hitting target) on the LR?

I only got to shoot like twice last year. Just been too busy to get out and play much. Edited by JohnC

No shooting test involved in the LR course, just sit through a 3-4 hour class.

Cool. Thanks for the info! I need to get this done so I can finally shoot LR. That's the main reason I joined. :up:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

I am signing up out there finally. Calendar shows new member signups is 12-2pm Saturday - is that full 2 hours for the safety orientation once I submit my paperwork? If so I'm not sure I have time tomorrow and will have to head over Sunday morning.  Or is that 2 hours just when they are there accepting walk-in applicants and the safety orientation is another time?

It shouldn't take the full two hours.  You can get there a bit early and do your paperwork and pay.  I think at most, the safety orientation will run 90 minutes.  Mine was more like 60, but we got started a bit late due to some stragglers.  I would plan on it being over by 1:30 unless there is a very large group.