Two Neil Youngs Sing "Old Man"

Ron_TN

There seems to be some hard feelings there... I never really listened to or followed Young so I'm unaware of actions on his part to win your favor. :)

just another leftist, not much to tell.  Very vocal about being a libtard, and has said some very uncomplimentary things about conservatives/southerners/others.   Basically, a jerk.  A whiny one.

• Like 2

just another leftist, not much to tell.  Very vocal about being a libtard, and has said some very uncomplimentary things about conservatives/southerners/others.   Basically, a jerk.  A whiny Canadian one.

You missed something there...

I've always thought he was incredibly over rated as a singer and guitar player. He's a good song writer, I'll give him that but he's still a jerk.

• Like 1
That was great. Suprised by the responses, but I guess I shouldn't be. The same reason I don't let anyone know I carry. Same reason we don't talk religon or politics with the guys. Someone's feelings always get hurt/someone tries to shout down someone else/someone is wrong/but no one is right.
  • Like 1

That was great. Suprised by the responses, but I guess I shouldn't be. The same reason I don't let anyone know I carry. Same reason we don't talk religon or politics with the guys. Someone's feelings always get hurt/someone tries to shout down someone else/someone is wrong/but no one is right.

Well you would be partial to the song since you are oldman... :)

I thought it was very good. wow thats really? wow? why soo much anger?

Not anger, but the pinnacle reason for my dislike for him is his song, Southern Man, because he stereotypes all men in the South as racists who are cracking whips at the black folks. I was raised in Kansas City, MO and knew many people from further North, and I see more racism in the Northern white man than I have ever seen in the Southern white man.

• Like 2

I personally took it as Fallon displaying his incredible ability to mimic Young and not so much a tribute to him. Same way he's impersonated many past or current stars/celebrities.

As far as Young, I rank him right up there with James Taylor, Sean Penn, Liam Niesen, Alec Baldwin, Jenny Mccarthy, Michael Moore,Richard Gere, Gwyneth Paltrow and I could go on and on but I won't. All people that somehow managed to have the spotlight placed on them for one thing and take that opportunity to give us their opinion on sh!t whether we want it or not. All while not knowing what the Hell they're even talking about.

Not anger, but the pinnacle reason for my dislike for him is his song, Southern Man, because he stereotypes all men in the South as racists who are cracking whips at the black folks. I was raised in Kansas City, MO and knew many people from further North, and I see more racism in the Northern white man than I have ever seen in the Southern white man.

Same bullsh!t as every southerner wears overalls, goes barefoot, and has no education,lol. Take a trip to some parts of West Virginia them come back and let's talk !

That was great. I've always been a fan of his music. I don't care where he stand politically, nor do I care how he feels about the South and those who live here. I have this uncanny ability to separate the two.

I personally thought his music was awful as well; especially his whiny voice. I never understood why Crosby, Stills, and Nash chose to include him.

I do like a few of his songs but am pretty much neutral on this. Ronnie Van Zant said Well I hope Neil Young will remember a southern man don't need him around anyhow...

To be fair that was a bit of a tongue in cheek response to the idea of the song Southern Man. RVZ was a Young fan and even buried in his favorite Niel Young tshirt. 

To be fair that was a bit of a tongue in cheek response to the idea of the song Southern Man. RVZ was a Young fan and even buried in his favorite Niel Young tshirt. 

That may or may not be true, but in this kind of format how a message is perceived is on the performer. But IMO, ignorantly insulting a large group of people just to sell a song is demonstrating yourself to be a lowlife. Another word for profiling is "stereotyping" that I'm sure numbnuts claims as being wrong making him a hypocrite.

That may or may not be true, but in this kind of format how a message is perceived is on the performer. But IMO, ignorantly insulting a large group of people just to sell a song is demonstrating yourself to be a lowlife. Another word for profiling is "stereotyping" that I'm sure numbnuts claims as being wrong making him a hypocrite.

Just regurgitation from Gene Odoms book. Being one of his childhood friends all the way through working with the band management, and even being in the plane crash I guess he was close enough to have as good an idea as anybody alive being Ronnie wrote the lyrics. But yeah, I'd have to agree on the whole generalization thing, and Neil is sure one hateful hippy from what I've read ;) .