Score

• Administrator

I love posts like this. It reminds me why I do what I do.

$30/hundred is a good deal? Yikes!

Wow. Not everyone reloads and this post might as well have been worded to congratulate the OP on being taken to the cleaners. Not what you meant? That's how it reads.

I really think we should all step back sometimes and think about the words we're choosing to use and what they do (or don't do) to foster an atmosphere where people feel comfortable to participate.

I bought two boxes of WWB 45ACP two weeks ago so I could go shooting on the spur of the moment *AND* I reload. I also don't have my press set up fully since moving last year. So what does that make me?

Wow. Not everyone reloads and this post might as well have been worded to congratulate the OP on being taken to the cleaners. Not what you meant? That's how it reads.

I really think we should all step back sometimes and think about the words we're choosing to use and what they do (or don't do) to foster an atmosphere where people feel comfortable to participate.

I bought two boxes of WWB 45ACP two weeks ago so I could go shooting on the spur of the moment *AND* I reload. I also don't have my press set up fully since moving last year. So what does that make me?

While he may of softened his words a bit I am going to have to agree with him.  That is not a very good price for 100 rounds of 22lr, my last order from Cabelas was only $25.99 for 500 rounds of Remington's Thunderbolt ammo.  I know 22lr is like the mythical unicorn but it is available at better prices but you have to jump on it when you see it.  When we purchase from these local shops that overprice their ammo, or anything really, all we are doing is hurting the community in the long run.  I know ammo is not being purchased for that much more from their distributers, and if the distributers are selling that high then maybe they need better distributers.  Just look at what is happening with the possibly future banned M855 5.56 ammo, it is skyrocketing and nothing on the supply side has changed except the price.  It is being sold for a large profit margin because there are some that are willing to pay that much; and its not even that good of a round.

While he may of softened his words a bit I am going to have to agree with him. That is not a very good price for 100 rounds of 22lr

The purchase was for 45 ACP, not 22LR. It's hard to make it out in the photo. So yes, for 45 it was a decent factory round purchase.

:shrug:  :shrug:  :shrug:

Offensive?   

No, I'm [intentionally] out of the loop on current ammunition prices.  I didn't realize HOW far out I was. I don't buy ammunition for ANY caliber. It makes me thankful.  

I don't think the OP got took to the cleaners.  It's current market value.  Wally World may not be THE cheapest but they are always pretty close.  I guess I'll just shut up and move one now. :tough:

The purchase was for 45 ACP, not 22LR. It's hard to make it out in the photo. So yes, for 45 it was a decent factory round purchase.

Ah, that changes the equation quite a bit.  My bad, thought it was 22lr for some reason; and yes that is not bad for 100rnds of 45 ammo.

Seems like a pretty good price for .45 ACP.... .30 per round... cheapest available on ammo seek is .27 per round and if you want anything other than steel cased russian, it's more like .33 or .34 per round. 

Sorry for not saying it was 45 ACP.  Most places usually charge $40 or more for "value" packs.  I paid $209 for 5000 rounds of 22 LR.  I know that was a good deal too.  I don't reload, and I know it would save money.  I just haven't got started down that road--yet.

No, I'm [intentionally] out of the loop on current ammunition prices.

Its actually a pretty good price.

some of the calibers are insane.   You will pay almost 50 bucks for 50 rounds of 44 mag and 45 LC -- which can be made for 1/4 or so of that.    45 acp is steep, nearly $20 for 1 box is not uncommon at many places.   9mm is at least 50% more than it was pre-obama.  

To be fair, copper value goes up steadily and almost all bought ammo is FMJ.   If you reloaded with FMJ bought bullets, the price goes up sharply.   And their cases are all new, adds costs.  

Edited by Jonnin