Freedom Munitions issues

I've ordered from them a few times, reloads for cheap practice.... always fast, and the ammo has always been great. I don't recall the numbers exactly, but its been a few thousand rounds, mainly 9mm and 45.

I ordered 1,000 rounds each of 9mm, 10mm and .45. No reloads. Hornady XTP. Except for 9mm 500 fmj for range and 500 HXTP. We don't use the 26 that much but it's a decent backup.

I like my 26 a lot...it grew on me. Damn thing shoots fireballs though, not even my 43 does that

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

26 + 43 = too little for me. I know the purpose but I just can't feel comfortable with guns that small. The 29 ruined me for anything smaller. And I had to get PGE's for all my mags to be 1,000% comfortable.

Monkey bought a Bodyguard for pocket carry at work. I call it the pocket cricket. So tiny, it makes my hands feel like baseball gloves. It's awkward. But I bought him some underwood penetrator for it so it's now going to be called something new. I just have to figure out a tough yet tiny name that's mean. LOL

I'm a little more crude then that. But I do think of that gun when I think if names.
Bad to the topic on hand just got a tracking order for my Freedom Munitions this morning! So hopefully all will be well!

Good deal, let us know how long it takes to your door and how you like the ammo.

When I order it is usually two or three thousand rounds of two or three different calibers.

Good deal, let us know how long it takes to your door and how you like the ammo.

When I order it is usually two or three thousand rounds of two or three different calibers.

I ordered Underwood on Tuesday and received it today. Ordered from FM same day and the tracking number still won't register meaning it is still sitting in their warehouse.

I ordered Underwood on Tuesday and received it today. Ordered from FM same day and the tracking number still won't register meaning it is still sitting in their warehouse.

If they pack it up after the daily scheduled UPS pickup,  has to go out next biz day, that's all.

- OS

Side note: I did all my online purchases on our Sams MC. When I went to the store tonight I had $100 in cash bonus waiting for me. Which is way better than ANY time I've used our Discover card. I was so stunned where the points came from so when it hit me I blurted out "oh shit, it's all the ammo I ordered". The cashier was a very sweet southern boy and he smiled and said "that's a good idea!".
  • Like 1

Side note: I did all my online purchases on our Sams MC. When I went to the store tonight I had $100 in cash bonus waiting for me. Which is way better than ANY time I've used our Discover card. I was so stunned where the points came from so when it hit me I blurted out "oh ####, it's all the ammo I ordered". The cashier was a very sweet southern boy and he smiled and said "that's a good idea!".

Haha! That's awesome!
I love CC rewards... just last month I got $50 in gift cards to Academy and a $68 statement credit on another one. I've probably got another $50 in Academy cards coming this month as well.

I'm planning on getting my buddy a Mossberg Maverick 88 12g as his wedding present/first gun next month. Just buying normal stuff with these 2 cards is basically paying for it for me. Not too shabby!

Anywho, hope all your ammo shows up soon. Range report required on a test for the Underwood vs Freedom 10mm!
[quote name="musicman" post="1326210" timestamp="1448030136"
I'm planning on getting my buddy a Mossberg Maverick 88 12g as his wedding present/first gun next month. Just buying normal stuff with these 2 cards is basically paying for it for me. Not too shabby!
Anywho, hope all your ammo shows up soon. Range report required on a test for the Underwood vs Freedom 10mm![/quote]

Don't you mean you're getting the shotgun for the bride's father ;)

Sorry just couldn't resist. No offense.
  • Like 1
Haha! None taken. :-)

Actually, it's kinda of an interesting backstory. He's my best friend, and has been since 2nd grade. He grew up in a Democrat household and remains the same, and is generally anti-gun. He's still down in Miami, while I moved to TN almost 15 years ago. Anyway, I was back home this past spring and had brought some toys with me, as my Dad likes to shoot a bit but only has one gun. (My parents have always been conservatives but we just didn't grow up with guns. Not anti- just neutral, until I got my first one almost 10 years ago)

I invited him (my best friend) to shoot some clays while I was down, and he had a great time. Now he's talked about "maybe" getting a shotgun "later" someday.

He's finally getting married, but doesn't really need any of the stuff that most newlyweds do, like house furnishings, money, etc. He is a civil engineer and his fiance does well herself, and he already has a house. Gunna get that boy a gun! Edited by musicman

Love me some sgammo! :up:

I ordered a thousand rounds of Golden Tiger a few weeks back. From time of order to delivery was about 4 days. And that's normal for sgammo in my experience.

We did some low light/flashlight practice the other day and one of the guys was shooting some 9mm he recently received from Freedom (iirc it took about 7-10 days for delivery from the day he placed his order). He ran through about 150-200 rounds and had no issues with it in any way. I did note the muzzle flash was pretty bright compared to the Unique handloads that 3 of our group were using...no biggie...just an observation and in no way meaningful in practice ammo.

Love me some sgammo! :up:

I ordered a thousand rounds of Golden Tiger a few weeks back. From time of order to delivery was about 4 days. And that's normal for sgammo in my experience.

We did some low light/flashlight practice the other day and one of the guys was shooting some 9mm he recently received from Freedom (iirc it took about 7-10 days for delivery from the day he placed his order). He ran through about 150-200 rounds and had no issues with it in any way. I did note the muzzle flash was pretty bright compared to the Unique handloads that 3 of our group were using...no biggie...just an observation and in no way meaningful in practice ammo.

I've ordered enough to not worry about running out. My ammo coming from freedom is pistol ammo. We ordered our rifle ammo from SG and Midway. Monkey had specific requirements. I'm itching to go get some time in with my underwood. Can't wait to run some through my 20 & 29!
  • Like 1