What are you carring to the NRA Convention?

Got you. Didn't I?

No. Not about a gun.

What are you gonna carry to get you thru the day?

Briefcase? Shoulder Bag? Messenger Bag? Man purse?  Range Bag?LOL

I've seen references to getting a lot of swag there, but don't know what to expect in that area. I foreseen a little paper in the form in info packets and flyers from manufacturers, but don't really expect to accumulate a lot as I have a specific group I intend to see...at this time anyway.

Comments and experiences are very much welcomed. Thanks.

Thanks, guys. As usual with me lately; I guess I'll have to wing it.

Ordered a nice large messenger bag and got a "backorder" notice. So I guess I'll use a laptop bag or possibly a small range bag.

It's a shame my man-purse is too small. lol

When I went tot he Houston Show in 2013, I found there was no need to take a bag.  Within 10 minutes I had several bags from various sponsors.  By the end of the first day, my wife had probably picked up 20+ bags, with enough bottle openers, pens, pins, stickers, and other baubles to fill a boat load of Christmas stockings.  Voodoo tactical had a really nice messenger type bag.

You don't need to take a bag.

Good point, sir. I may have been over thinking the situation.

Concentrate your effort on comfortable shoes  :up:

I doubt this show will be as big as Houston, just because it was right after Sandy Hook in 2013, and this one is the same weekend as both Knob Creek AND the big Tulsa gun show.  But if it is even close to Houston in terms of vendors, you will have to sprint to see everything.

Concentrate your effort on comfortable shoes  :up:

I doubt this show will be as big as Houston, just because it was right after Sandy Hook in 2013, and this one is the same weekend as both Knob Creek AND the big Tulsa gun show.  But if it is even close to Houston in terms of vendors, you will have to sprint to see everything.

Yes, been thinking about that as well. Probably going to wear a pair of Sears work boots I bought last year. A little heavy, but good sole and side support.

550 vendors doesn't sound like a lot, but after going to Merchandise Mart shows in the past, I realize that comfort far outweighs looks in these situations. lol

Also planning on good suspenders to hold the pants up! Then I won't have to keep tugging them up.

Yep, I suffer from PBS...Pot Belly Syndrome.

I have a very lightweight small'ish backpack. It will start the day with some bottles of water and some snacks, and end the day full of swag. I'll collect tote bags along the way, I'm sure, but when I want my hands free, I can stuff it all in the backpack.

Edited by monkeylizard

Last night, my projected "look there" list had gotten up to a barely manageable 42, now it's 53.

It's hopeless!

If you are into that kind of thing, there is an app called "NRA Meeting" for smart phone.  It has all the vendors, booth numbers, schedules, etc.  You can make a "favorites" list of all the vendors you want to see.  It is fairly handy.

You are really over thinking this... I am taking my wife along and going to hand her all the stuff I grab. Keeps my hands free and keeps her occupied so no whining about wanting to leave. :)

Joking, kind of. I mentioned I was going to be gone that day, she asked why and then said she would go with me to look around. I plan on bringing a backpack with me to put stuff in, but as stated vendors usually have bags they give out.

Lol, yeah, 550 seems smallish, but many of them will be hundreds of square feet each!

I was at a plastics industry show about two weeks ago and it had over 2000 exhibit booths representing over 21,000 companies covering well over a million sq ft so this will be a piece of cake.

Yeah, but at the NRA show you'll want to see everything!

Well, there are some things you will want to bypass.  I recommending avoiding the "Cheaper Than Dirt" booth.  

Man, that booth-worker looked very lonely at the 2013 show.  

• Like 2

I have a very lightweight small'ish backpack. It will start the day with some bottles of water and some snacks, and end the day full of swag. I'll collect tote bags along the way, I'm sure, but when I want my hands free, I can stuff it all in the backpack.

Yes, I plan to steal my wifes' laptop bag with its nice shoulder sling for starters.

Shush...don't tell her that. She doesn't know yet.

If you are into that kind of thing, there is an app called "NRA Meeting" for smart phone.  It has all the vendors, booth numbers, schedules, etc.  You can make a "favorites" list of all the vendors you want to see.  It is fairly handy.

I'm still "old School" on this. I have a written list done at this point. But the list keeps getting longer. lol

When I went tot he Houston Show in 2013, I found there was no need to take a bag.  Within 10 minutes I had several bags from various sponsors.  By the end of the first day, my wife had probably picked up 20+ bags, with enough bottle openers, pens, pins, stickers, and other baubles to fill a boat load of Christmas stockings.  Voodoo tactical had a really nice messenger type bag.

You don't need to take a bag.

Again, thanks for the information. Now I'm going to look for booths giving away messenger bags First!!!

You are really over thinking this... I am taking my wife along and going to hand her all the stuff I grab. Keeps my hands free and keeps her occupied so no whining about wanting to leave. :)
Joking, kind of. I mentioned I was going to be gone that day, she asked why and then said she would go with me to look around. I plan on bringing a backpack with me to put stuff in, but as stated vendors usually have bags they give out.

I'd hoped my wife would come along, but that's not going to happen. She wouldn't be able to stand all the walking. Maybe for an hour, then she'd be done for the day. Not that she doesn't appreciate the NRA, just has leg issues that preclude long duration walks.

Yeah, but at the NRA show you'll want to see everything!

Yes, as I have said before, my list of "must see" is growing quickly. If all I get to come is the one day, I doubt I'll get to them all.

But sure gonna try!!

Well, there are some things you will want to bypass.  I recommending avoiding the "Cheaper Than Dirt" booth.  

Man, that booth-worker looked very lonely at the 2013 show.  

The only thing that the CTD booth-workers will get from me is a head-shake and a disgusted Elvis sneer.

Freakin' ammo buzzards...

Edited by tartanphantom