2017 Raptor

Personally, I'm done with performance cars with crazy horsepower. I absolutely loved my BOSS 302 with its mere 450HP. I had no problems keeping up with my friend's 650HP GT500 on both the Tail Of The Dragon and the Diamondback. Damn! I miss that car!

I love the Boss as well, I was hoping for a Big Block Boss 429, does not look promising

Personally, I'm done with performance cars with crazy horsepower. I absolutely loved my BOSS 302 with its mere 450HP. I had no problems keeping up with my friend's 650HP GT500 on both the Tail Of The Dragon and the Diamondback. Damn! I miss that car!

Check out the video of the gt350 at Goodwood last weekend, that thing was pretty awesome... may not have killer power, but that motor sounds awesome and turns some pretty good revs for a v8

Check out the video of the gt350 at Goodwood last weekend, that thing was pretty awesome... may not have killer power, but that motor sounds awesome and turns some pretty good revs for a v8

Naw, like I said I'm done with those cars. I miss the BOSS a great deal, but it's not something that I want to get back into. I sold the BOSS because it went from a daily driver to a $1,000 month toy that sat in the garage due to lifestyle changes. I will say that the picture of the new GT500 was pretty mean-looking! I've seen pictures of the GT350 too. If they put the Roadrunner engine, (not just the heads), in the Mustang GT it would be cool to add the suspension and brake upgrades to make a pseudo-BOSS out of it without the price tag.

The Dragon is a driver's road, not a car's road. I have kept up wiht 400+WHP cars in a 100WHP car.

I have smoked late model Corvettes and Coyote Mustangs up there in my Cyclone V6 Mustang.

But you raise a good point, it isn't about power.

The Dragon is a driver's road, not a car's road. I have kept up wiht 400+WHP cars in a 100WHP car.

I have smoked late model Corvettes and Coyote Mustangs up there in my Cyclone V6 Mustang.

But you raise a good point, it isn't about power.

Yeah, I should have been more clear. I was referencing the Diamondback for the acceleration efforts. It is much more loose than the Tail but I still kept up with the GT500. The Roadrunner engine has a pretty impressive power curve.

I think Ford has already answered for the Hellcat, I would be delighted if my 5.8 Trinity motor would be the last V8 Gt500

Bone stock my 2014 has 620 at the wheels, the Hellcat Challenger weighs 594LBS more and gets around 635 to the wheels, here Kitty Kitty :cool:

Any stock 2014 GT500 v/s Hell-Kittah drag videos from a dig out yet?
I'm a Ford guy first and love the Shelby, but you guys are not looking at what the Hell-Kittah was meant for, drag racing. This car will go 10.8 on DR's and low 10's on slicks bone stock. It is a drag racers dream really and for the price, it's a steal.

Heck, I remember the pioneers of the EFI 5.0's. Folks like Stomin Normin' and Nitrous Pete. I read one of them spent over $100k to have a "Pro 5.0" in those days, and that was a 10 second car back then.

So I guess growing up when everything was slow and expensive to go that fast in, makes me appreciate that we can just go buy a warrantied 10sec car and be able to afford it on a working mans wage.

Any stock 2014 GT500 v/s Hell-Kittah drag videos from a dig out yet?

I actually talked with a Hellcat owner in Franklin, together we cannot find any videos on a track where both cars are stock, He is a die hard Mopar fan but will not entertain the idea of going to a closed track with me, He honestly thinks I would beat him and I do as well, He has the lime green car and I think it is awesome This is a great time to be a fan of the muscle car, America is kicking everyone's ass! 

• Like 1

I was up at the Nashville Dodge this morning getting the oil changed in my Ram. They have an orange R/T with a Mammoth Kenne Bell on the showroom floor. No price tag and the doors locked with the hood up. It was early so I didn't bother to ask them how much they were raping, err, asking for the car.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

So...

This past week I received an offer too good to pass up on my 2011 Raptor and we parted ways.  5 years was a good run, but who wouldn't take $5K less on trade than they PAID for it 60 months ago???

Our plan has been to pick up a 2018 Raptor if Ford doesn't end up screwing the first-year buyers again the way they did in 2011.  The 2010 Raptors are the ugly step-kid.  No crew-cab option and the 5.4L Triton motor as opposed to the 6.2L solid iron engine in the 2011+.  You can't give a 2010 away;  I've seen their value listed as low as $15K in some sources.  Ford really gave the early adopters the middle finger and I kind of suspect they may do it again in 2018.

The Ecoboost twin-turbo V6 may be impressive but truck guys want V8s.  My suspicion is that 2018 will see the 5.0L Coyote come to the Raptor, maybe even in boosted form.

So I cashed in on the unnaturally high resale value the old Raptor has right now, and am going to sit on the sidelines for the next two years to see what comes of the new truck.  Next year I figure the current Raptor's resale value will fall quite a bit as owners dump theirs to be the cool kids with the new truck, and flood the market.  Until I see what happens after year-one, I am going to be driving this beast:

11243999_10153479991010275_9155756092383

2015 Dodge Charger R/T "Scat Pack" edition with SRT 6.4L 392ci Hemi    :cool:

• Like 3

Ford what in the hell are you thinking, plan on selling many raptors with this extreme off-road video.
BTW: those front fenders are hideous..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSNx18E3QSs

:lol:

That is a lot of people's idea of "wheelin"... dirt roads. "Oh no, look out for that mud! Uh oh there's a tree branch on the 'trail' "

The raptor is cool, but we are a long way from a desert or sand dunes. So, unless your going to get reckless with your new $60k truck... in TN a Raptor is a mall crawler.

But don't get me wrong, they're still cool. Edited by SupaRice
  • Administrator

The raptor is cool, but we are a long way from a desert or sand dunes. So, unless your going to get reckless with your new $60k truck... in TN a Raptor is a mall crawler.

True.  We took ours out to LBL and ran the numbered dirt roads once and it was a fairly fun outing.  When we took it down some of the narrower stuff, it got harrowing.

Offroading around here means "Jeep trails" which means you need a smaller, more nimble vehicle with aggressive approach and departure angles that won't get high centered on stuff.  My JK Unlimited was almost too big for a lot of trails.  The Raptor just wasn't made for that sort of thing.

You've got to be ready for that. I took my Dodge Power Wagon to the top of lbl, of course I got some racing stripes along the way. But thats just a part of it. I took that Dodge up a lot of jeep trails, and it weighs about 2,000 pounds more than a raptor.... got a lot of funny looks at the top of those hills! Haha
  • Like 1

:lol:

That is a lot of people's idea of "wheelin"... dirt roads. "Oh no, look out for that mud! Uh oh there's a tree branch on the 'trail' "

But don't get me wrong, they're still cool.

yes they are cool, I'm sure there are much cooler mall crawlers out there...

Edited by Johnny Rotten